Every New Year people around the world get the urge to transform themselves and their usual lives into something completely different. On this journey to become a better version of themselves, people often set up hard-to-follow routines and resolutions. But what if we tell you that you don’t have to be so hard on yourself? In this blog, we have compiled a list of funny New Year resolutions that will help you ace the game without beating yourself up for it. Let’s begin with this quirky approach.
10 Funny New Year Resolutions for Adults
- I will practice the art of looking attentive in Zoom meetings while secretly perfecting my knitting, dishwashing, cooking, and cleaning skills.
- I will try to keep my wardrobe and room clean for at least 24 hours.
- I promise to finally make use of the gym membership I’ve been paying for all year.
- I will pay attention to conversations and try to remember everyone’s name.
- I will try to say No even if someone asks me for an extra piece of cake.
- I will exercise more so I can eat chocolate guilt-free.
- I will keep my plants alive at least for a month.
- I will try to work out more by taking a trip to the nearest grocery store and getting my favourite snacks.
- I will master the art of parallel parking.
- I will respond to emails with more emojis and less actual content.
10 Hilarious New Year Resolutions for Kids
- I will attempt to break the Guinness record for the loudest burp.
- I will go to school with my clothes on backward once a week.
- I will repeat my 3 outfits to school.
- I will abruptly start a staring contest with my friends every day.
- I will learn to cook something every day and shock my parents.
- I will limit my screen time for a week.
- I will sing my sentences rather than speaking them out normally.
- I will start a meme account and use everyday pictures to create hilarious memes.
- I will all the green vegetables a chance by eating broccoli, peas, spinach, and more.
- I will no longer blame my dog for eating my homework.
Also Read: New Year’s Celebrations Around the World
- I will try to do yoga every day even if it includes lying down on the floor with a soft blanket.
- I will try to cut back on stress, starting with avoiding coffee every morning.
- I will take essential vitamins every day starting with gummy bears.
- I will count my daily steps, even if I have to include the ones taken to the fridge.
- On cheat days, I will aim to have a balanced diet by adding toppings of all major food groups on my pizza.
- I will improve my deep breathing especially when trying to zip up my skinny jeans.
- I will use the stairs rather than taking the lift when going down.
- I will improve my water intake be it coffee or alcohol.
- I will laugh at my friends’ lame jokes because laughter is the best medicine.
- I swear to never debate someone about pineapple on pizza. After all, it’s a personal choice, not a crime!
|New Year Activities for Students
|Top New Year Resolution
|10 Lines on Christmas Day for Students
|Easy Ideas for Christmas Day Drawing for Students
|Quotes on Christmas Day
|Mysterious Story of Secret Santa
The top 3 most common New Year resolutions include improving physical fitness, and mental health, and learning how to manage finances.
Interestingly, an average of 44% of America’s total pollution makes New Year resolutions every year. However, only 31% of them stick to the promises they made.
There are numerous ways to make realistic New Year resolutions. The best way is to avoid following trends and stick to the peculiarities that you wish in your life. For instance, it can be anything such as trying new makeup products or giving up makeup in everyday life. Some more examples include speaking up for yourself in uncomfortable situations, including more greens in your diet, and giving up caffeine.