One of the most rewarding fields of study would be a specialized psychology course abroad as psychology is one of the popular and widely opted subjects by students with great career outlooks. It delves into the intricacies of the human mind and behavior. It also offers students an opportunity to learn about the various aspects of human behavior and personality, If you are consider to study abroad after your 12th you should definitely check out this blog where we will provide you with detailed insight about psychology courses after 12th, universities, and career options.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Psychology Courses?
There can be numerous benefits to studying psychology courses after the 12th but here are a few key points we would like to highlight, this will be very short and precise so kindly have a look below:
- Studying psychology will help you develop people skills that will help you in interactions with your friends, co-workers, or employee. You may effectively communicate with others and resolve conflicts of interest.
- Pursuing psychology may also help you in having a bright job outlook hence future-proofing your career. In today’s world, we see many suffering from depression and work stress, where you can figure out their problem and help them by making their mental health better and people are also ready to pay a hefty amount.
- Vast courses to choose from are another pro when it comes to psychology. You can choose a particular specialization or course according to your interest and liking.
- You may also get enhanced problem-solving skills and be extra motivated while dealing with your personal problems.
Checkout- Find Out Why Psychology is the Most Trending Course Abroad | Psychology at Abroad | Leverage Edu
Types of Psychology Course
Here are a few psychology courses which are widely known in the masses and also adopted, take a look at them below:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: The duration of this course is typically 3 years and is open to students with a 10+2 qualification in any stream. The course covers topics such as personality development, social psychology, counselling, and organizational behaviour. Job opportunities include counselling, social work, and research.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology: This course is 3 years long and is open to students with a 10+2 qualification in the PCB stream. The course covers topics similar to the BA in Psychology, with additional emphasis on scientific research. The job scope is similar to that of the BA in Psychology.
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology: This course is also 3 years long and is open to students with a 10+2 qualification in the PCB stream. The course has a more practical focus and emphasizes the application of psychology in real-world settings. Job opportunities include counselling, HR management, and marketing research.
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Development: The average duration of this course is 3 years long and is open to students with a 10+2 qualification in any stream. The course covers topics such as child development, social psychology, and family dynamics. Job opportunities include education, child care, and social work.
- Bachelor of Arts in Mental Health: This course is 3 years long and is open to students with a 10+2 qualification in any stream. The course covers topics such as psychological disorders, counselling, and psychotherapy. Job opportunities include counselling, mental health advocacy, and research.
Relevant Read– Scope of Psychology
List of Top 10 Psychology Courses and Specializations
Here are the top psychology courses which you can choose after your 12th for a bright future:
|1||BA Psychology (Hons)|
|2||BSc Cognitive Science|
|3||BSc Criminology and Psychology|
|4||BA Developmental Studies|
|5||BSc Business Psychology|
|6||BSc Psychology (Hons)|
|7||BSc Health Behaviour|
|8||BSc Social Psychology|
|9||BSc Forensic Psychology|
|10||Diploma in Psychology|
Relevant Read- Difference Between BA Psychology and BSc Psychology
Top Universities for Psychology Courses
Here are some of the world-renowned Universities that can provide you with quality education and offer specialized courses in Psychology:
|University||QS World Ranking||Average Fees|
|Harvard University||#5||USD 52,000 (INR 42 Lakh)|
|Standford Univerity||#3||USD 55,500 (INR 45.4 Lakh)|
|University of Cambridge||#2||USD 74,000 (INR 61 Lakh)|
|University of Oxford||#4||USD 45,000 (INR 37 Lakh)|
|University Auckland||#85||USD 36,000 (INR 30 Lakh)|
|Yale University||#18||USD 64,700 (INR 52 Lakh)|
|McGill University||#31||USD 32,000 (INR 27 Lakh)|
Also, Read– Psychology Scholarships
Eligibility for Psychology Courses
Here is the basic eligibility criteria you need to fulfil to get yourself admitted to any of the top Universities and make your study abroad dream come true:
- Candidates should have a 10+2 passing certificate as documental proof from any recognized board
- Candidates should have at least 55% of the aggregate score
- Applicants need to appear for SAT/ ACT exam and maintain a good score
- Applicants need to prove their language proficiency by appearing for tests like IELTS and TOEFL
If you are confused about “How to apply for a psychology course after the 12th”, here is a basic application process overview for you:
- You need to find out the best suitable university and program according to your liking and then cross-check other fees like tuition fee breakup, accommodation, etc.
- After that, you can head over to the official website of the desired university to apply for your study program.
- You need to collect all the necessary documents like documental proof of your language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, and also other documents like LOR, SOP, SAT, updated resume, and your 10+2 certificate. These will come in handy while filling out the application form.
- Once you got all the required documents in one place you are ready to fill out the application form. Make sure you are entering all your personal details correctly.
- After the application is submitted you may need to wait for a few weeks for your offer letter as the university needs to evaluate your application correctly.
- Once you receive your offer letter you need to apply for a Student Visa for your Study abroad dream to come true.
As mentioned earlier there is an immense career scope if you pursue psychology courses after the 12th, so here are some job profiles with their average salaries:
|Job Profile||Average Salary (India)||Average Salary (Abroad)|
|Clinical Psychologist||INR 4.8 Lakh per annum||INR 27 Lakh per annum|
|Forensic Psychologist||INR 7 Lakh per annum||INR 35 Lakh per annum|
|Licensed Professional Counselor||INR 6 Lakh per annum||INR 30 Lakh per annum|
|Sex Therapist||INR 10 Lakh per annum||INR 42 Lakh per annum|
|Psychiatrist||INR 3 Lakh per annum||INR 29 Lakh per annnum|
To get a more detailed overview of this topic it’s highly recommended to read this blog below:
Must Read– Career in Psychology
Ans. If you are considering studying abroad, and can’t pick the right course for specialization for yourself have a look at Leverage Edu’s new AI-powered Course Finder. This can find the best University or course and specialization with completely personalized results according to you and your needs.
Ans. Absolutely Yes, apart from the benefits we mentioned earlier, psychology as a subject is very interesting and most of the jobs related to it are considered top professions.
Ans. Yes, the demand for psychiatrists and psychologists is increasing in India due to more people becoming aware of mental health and also learning the importance of it.
If you are searching for a top university to pursue psychology courses after the 12th and boost your career, and yet confused about loans, accommodation, etc. You can reach us at 1800 57 2000 and contact our Leverage Edu experts. We prioritize our students and guide them to get one step closer to their dream careers and university. You can also connect with us through our socials like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.