BA in Kannada is one of the most popular undergraduate degrees across the globe. There are numerous students across the globe enrolled at institutions in India to pursue this three-year undergraduate course. Are you interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Kannada? There are many colleges and universities in India that offer BA in Kannada. This article will provide you with the necessary information regarding fees, colleges, subjects, books, and syllabi for the same. With the help of this blog, you can make an informed decision about whether BA in Kannada is the right course for you.
|Eligibility Criteria||You must have done 10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized institution.|
|Examination Type||Semester Type|
|Average Fees||INR 10000 – 50,000 per annum|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4.2 Lacs per annum|
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue BA in Kannada?
There are numerous reasons to pursue BA in Kannada, some of the major reasons include;
- Kannada is one of the oldest languages in India, with a rich literary heritage and cultural history.
- It is spoken by over 40 million people in India, making it the seventh most widely spoken language in the country.
- Pursuing this course is an ideal way to explore the language, its literature, and its culture.
- It provides an in-depth understanding of the language and a comprehensive overview of its history and development.
- BA in Kannada also equips students with the skills necessary to communicate effectively in the language, as well as an appreciation for the various aspects of Kannada culture.
- It is an ideal degree for those looking to pursue a career in teaching, research, editing, and writing as well as for those looking to work in the media and communication sector.
Must Read: MA Kannada – Eligibility, Subjects, Colleges and Careers
Top Universities for BA in Kannada in India
As mentioned above there are an array of benefits to pursuing BA in Kannada including excellence in education as well as teaching. Some of the popular universities are as follows;
- Karnataka State Open University
- BMS College for Women
- BESM Arts and Commerce College
- JSS College of Arts Science and Commerce
- BR Tambakad Arts, Commerce, and Science First Grade College
- Smt. Chinnamma Basappa Patil Arts, Science, and Commerce Degree College
- Anjuman Arts and Commerce College
Also Read: National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
Cost of Studying
There are many colleges offering the course in India, including Jain University, Bangalore, Maharaja College, Mysore, and Karnataka University, Dharwad. The fees for the course vary depending on the college. Generally, the fees range from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 50,000 per annum.
There are a few eligibility requirements that you are required to fulfil to pursue BA in Kannada. Some of the major eligibility requirements are as follows;
- To be eligible for a BA in Kannada, students must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examinations with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- Students must also submit their mark sheets and other relevant documents along with their application forms.
As a part of the application process, you are also required to submit a list of documents required. Some of the essential documents include;
- Passport size photograph
- Academic certificates
- Degree certificates
- Residential proof
- Additional documents
Also Read: BA Hindi
BA in Kannada is a three-year undergraduate programme and is offered in a variety of disciplines. Some of the core subjects offered are
- Kannada Language and Literature,
- Indian Culture
The following books are recommended for those pursuing a BA in Kannada:
|Kannada Sahitya Charitra||G. K. Damodar|
|Kannada Sahitya Shastra||K. Venkatesh|
|Kannada Vyakarana||K. B. Narayana|
|Kannada Bhasha||K. B. Venkatesh|
|Kannada Kavya||C.R. Ramamurthy|
|Kannada Lakarada||M. R. Venkatesh|
The syllabus for a BA in Kannada includes a range of topics related to the language, literature, and culture of Karnataka. It covers topics such as the history and development of the language, its grammar, literature, and culture. It also includes the study of classical and contemporary works in Kannada.
Also Read: KTET 2022: Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test
BA in Kannada provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a range of careers. They can pursue careers in teaching, research, editing, and writing. They can also pursue a career in the media and communication sector, working as journalists, copywriters, and translators. They can also work in the government sector, in the fields of culture and heritage preservation.
The salary offered to those with a BA in Kannada will vary depending on the job.
- The starting salary of a teacher is usually around Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000 per month.
- A writer or editor earns around Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 per month.
- A journalist or copywriter earns around Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 45,000 per month.
- A translator earns around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month.
Ans. The duration of the BA in Kannada program is three years.
Ans. The eligibility criteria for the course is a minimum aggregate of 50% in 10+2 or equivalent examinations.
Ans. After completing the course, students can pursue a career in teaching, research, editing, writing, media and communication, and the government sector.
Ans. The salary offered to those with a BA in Kannada will vary depending on the job. The starting salary of a teacher is usually around Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000 per month. A writer or editor earns around Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 per month. A journalist or copywriter earns around Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 45,000 per month. A translator earns around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month.
If you are looking to pursue a BA in Kannada, then you must have the necessary eligibility criteria and documents. Hope you find this blog informative. Follow Leverage Edu and Careers in India for such informative blogs and articles.