AWES PRT Exam: The Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) PRT Exam (Primary Teacher) is conducted every year to recruit eligible candidates as Primary Teachers in army schools in India. These primary teachers are recruited to teach the students in classes Ist to Vth. After clearing the PRT exam, candidates can work as Primary Teachers in any army school in the country.
For the year 2023, AWES will release a notification very soon for the recruitment of Primary Teachers (PRT) in various army schools in the country. The blog entails all the details regarding the AWES PRT Exam, interested candidates must read the entire article attentively.
|Army Welfare Education Society
|Written exam/personal Interview
|Mode of Examination
This Blog Includes:
- AWES PRT Exam Pattern 2023
- AWES PRT Exam Syllabus 2023
- AWES PRT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2023
- AWES PRT Exam Application Process 2023
- AWES PRT Exam Admit Card 2023
- AWES PRT Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
- AWES PRT Exam Selection Process 2023
AWES PRT Exam Pattern 2023
The section-wise distribution of marks and questions for each subject is mentioned in the table given below. Students must go through the entire exam pattern before appearing for the AWES PRT examination.
|Section Weightage for Number of Questions
|Sub Topics with Number of Questions
|Basic GK & Current Affairs
|National-level current affairs 8 questionsInternational events & global level 8 questions Global Level 4 questions
|Pedagogy, Curriculum & Education Policy Matters
|Pedagogy of Foundational & Preparatory Stage 8 questions RTE, NEP 2020 & NCF 2005/latest NCF beyond 2005
|Academic Proficiency (science, social studies, maths, English & Hindi)
|Hindi 20 questions Science 40 questionsSocial Studies 40 questions Mathematics 20 questions English 10 questions
Marking Scheme in AWES PRT Exam 2023
- The exam will consist of a maximum of 200 marks.
- There will be negative markings.
- For each wrong answer, a 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- To qualify, the candidate must score at least 50% marks.
AWES PRT Exam Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the AWES PRT is prepared for the screening test. The syllabus will cover topics from subjects like Mental Ability, Educational Concepts and Methodology, English Comprehension, and General Awareness. Candidates should make sure that they cover all the subjects and topics in their preparation.
The table given below gives all the details about the subject and topics which will be covered in the AWES PRT screening test.
|Seating Arrangement, Number Series, Missing Number, Coding-decoding, Analogy, Blood Relation, Classification, Arithmetic Reasoning, Ranking and Time Sequence, Logical Venn Diagram, Syllogism, Direction Sense, Test, Cubes and Dices, test clock and Time Test
|Educational Concepts and Methodology
|Reflective Language, Teaching, Education and Critical Pedagogy, Material Developments and Syllabus, Design, Sociocultural Theory of Language, Classroom Management, Integrated Language Skills, Strategies-based instruction, Technology and language teaching, Pedagogy of Foundational & Preparatory Stage, Child Psychology
|Vocabulary, Sentence, Completion, Sentance Correction, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Proficiency in English, Comprehension, Synonyms and Antonyms, Cloze Test
|Indian History, Indian Polity, Economics, Geography, Sports, International Meets, Current Affairs
AWES PRT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2023
For applying for the AWES PRT exam, candidates have to make sure that they possess all the eligibility criteria for the exam. For the AWES PRT eligibility criteria includes educational qualification, age limit, and nationality.
The table given below gives all the eligibility details for the AWES PRT exam.
|Candidate should have completed a graduation degree in BEd/equivalent with at least 50% marks from a university recognised by the government.
|Below 40 years
For the AWES PRT exam, there is no age relaxation for any castes (General / SC / ST / OBC).
Also Read: CTET
AWES PRT Exam Application Process 2023
Candidates who are interested in AWES PRT recruitment can apply online on the official website of the Army Welfare Education Society. The steps given below will help you to apply for the AWES PRT exam:
- Visit the official website of AWES at www.wes.india.com.
- Click on the ‘Apply for PRT” option.
- Complete your registration by entering your name and contact details.
- You will receive an email where a login ID and a password will be provided to you.
- Login using that ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Primary Teacher’ (PRT) option and begin your application process.
- Upload your documents, education certificates, passport-size photo, and signature.
- Click on the next step and pay the application fee only through a credit card/debit card/net banking.
- The application fee for the AWES PRT is INR 500 only.
- Your application form for the AWES PRT will be completed and you will receive a confirmation email/sms.
AWES PRT Exam Admit Card 2023
The AWES PRT admit card will be released 10-12 days before the examination date by the officials of the Army Welfare Educational Society (AWES). Candidates who have successfully applied for the AWES PRT exam can download the admit card from the official website of the AWES at
To download the AWES PRT admit card, follow the steps given below
- Visit the official website of AWES.
- Login by using your AWES ID and password.
- Click on ‘Admit Card’ and enter your registration number and date of birth to download your admit card.
- Check all the details written on the admit card and take a printout of it.
It is mandatory for the candidates to bring their admit cards with them while appearing for the written exam. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
Also Read: HPSC PGT 2023
AWES PRT Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
Students must remember to follow some specific study plan to ace the AWES PRT examination. We have curated some brief pointers for the students who are willing to crack the examination in just one go. Students can read the pointers mentioned below.
- Students must follow a timetable for each day.
- Eating healthy and making your fitness a priority will help you ace the examination.
- Students must practise all the mock papers before appearing for the exam.
- Students must know the exam pattern followed for the AWES PRT examination.
- To improve your concentration, meditation can do wonders for all.
- Prepare all the syllabi for the examination at least one week before the exam date.
AWES PRT Exam +5 Best Books
We have curated a list of the best books students can refer to for the AWES PRT examination.
|General Knowledge by Arihant, Objective General Knowledge by Tricky GS and GK Tricks by Marksman
|English Language by Hari Mohan Prasad and Swatali Mohan, English Grammar by Wren & Martin
|Educational Concepts and Methodology of Inclusive Education
|Inclusive Education by Professor Sunita Awandhkar- Bari, Prin. C.M. Borase
AWES PRT Exam Selection Process 2023
The selection process for the AWES PRT will consist of three different stages: screening test; interview; and evaluation of teaching skills and computer proficiency. These stages are described in detail below:
The first stage in the selection process for the AWES PRT is the screening test. In this test, candidates’ ability to work under pressure and work management will be tested. These skills will test whether the candidate is mentally strong enough to handle children.
The exam will be done online at different centres where candidates have to be present.
Candidates who will clear the first stage of the AWES PRT will be selected for the second stage, the Interview. The purpose of this Interview is to know the personality of the candidate and his / her aptitude as a teacher. Candidates will be allotted different centres where the officials of AWES will conduct the interview.
In this interview, the officials will ask questions like
- What motivates you to pursue a career in teaching? Or
- What is your approach to teaching? Or
- In a classroom, how are you going to handle the children? etc.
Evaluation of Teaching Skills and Computer Proficiency
This is the final stage in the selection process for AWES PRT. This stage is conducted simultaneously with the interview. Here, two main aspects will be observed about the candidate. These will be the teaching practice and the language teachers will have to complete two essay questions. This stage will consist of 15 marks.
Also Read: UP PGT TGT Exam
The officials of AWES will release the admit card for the Primary Teacher (PRT) exam on its official website. Candidates who are interested have to keep a regular check as the notification can be out anytime soon.
A candidate who newly applying for the PRT exam should be below 40 years to make them eligible for the AWES PRT exam.
Candidates have to secure a minimum of 50% marks in the written exam of the AWES PRT to qualify for the next stage of the selection process; the interview.
The job of a primary school teacher is a very approachable career option as a lot of youngsters are opting for a career in the teaching profession. Moreover, the government of the country is promoting the standard and importance of a teacher in the future of the country and its youth.