JEE Main 2023 eligibility criteria include information on things like education level, age restriction, nationality, grades in class 12th and more. The 75% criteria for JEE Mains 2023 has been reinstated by CSAB this year. To get admission to NIT, IIT, and CFTI the eligibility mark is 75 per cent. However, for SC/ST candidates it is 65%. Every applicant must meet the requirements set forth in the JEE Main 2023 in order to be admitted to universities that recognise NTA JEE results.
|Name of the Exam||JEE Main Exam|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based-TestPen and paper-based test (for drawing section in BArch)|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes for BArch/BPlan/BTech
210 minutes for BArch/BPlan both
240 minutes for PwD candidates
|Papers and Total marks||Paper 1: BE/BTech– 300 marks
Paper 2: BArch– 400 marks
Paper 3: B.Planning-400 marks
|Scoring Pattern||Correct answer: 4 marks
Incorrect answer: 1 mark
|Number of Questions||BE/BTech- 90
This Blog Includes:
JEE Main 2023-Eligibility
Candidates must ensure that they meet the JEE Main 2023 eligibility requirements before they submit their application. The candidate will not be permitted to take the exam if they do not meet the eligibility criteria:
- Qualifying Exam:
Candidates must have passed the 12th or equivalent exam in 2021 or 2022. Candidates appearing for 12 grade 2023 can also give the exam.
- Number of Attempts:
Students can apply for the JEE Mains exam three times in a row. There will be two attempts to take the entrance exam(January and April).
- Age Restriction:
There is no age limit for JEE Main exam. Any candidate who has passed 12 grade or appearing for it can apply for the exam.
Student must have passed 12th grade or equivalent exam with the below-mentioned subjects.
|BTech/BE||Physics, Mathematics and any of these subjects(Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, or Technical Vocational )|
|B.Arch||Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry|
Also read: JEE Mains 2023
List of Qualifying Exams for JEE Mains
- The final examination of 10+2 is conducted by any recognized Central or State board, like the Council of Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; or the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
- An intermediate exam or two-year pre-university administered by a recognised board or university.
- Senior Secondary school exam with a minimum of five subjects conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling.
- The final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing programme at the National Defense Academy.
- Any Public Board/School/University examination in India or any foreign country is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities(AIU).
- Diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of technical education with at least 3 years duration.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (Cambridge/London/Sri Lanka) at Advanced level.
- Applicants who have completed a class 12(or equivalent)exam outside India or board that is not specified should produce a certificate from AIU to effect that the exam they passed is equivalent to the class 12th exam.
- If the Class 12 examination is not a public exam, the applicant must have passed at least one public(pre-university or board) examination earlier.
State of Eligibility JEE Mains
State code of eligibility refers to the code of the State from where a candidate completed their Class 12 (or equivalent) qualifying examination. Applicants must enter the state of eligibility while filling out the JEE Main 2023 eligibility form. Candidate must know the following factors:
- The state code for JEE Main eligibility is independent of the candidate’s place of birth or residency.
- If a student has given the 12th-grade exam or qualifying exam from one state but has taken the supplementary/improvement exam from another state, the state code where they passed the qualifying exam will be taken into consideration for eligibility.
- The 12th percentage required for JEE Mains 2023 or equivalent exam from NIOS have to choose the state of eligibility based on the state in which the study centre is located.
- The State code of eligibility for Indian citizens who have completed class 12 or the equivalent from Nepal or Bhutan, will be granted based on the permanent address in India as stated in the passport.
- OCI/PIO passing the class 12 exam in India will be equal to that of Indian citizens, but OCI/PIO passing the class 12 exam from a college or institution abroad will be qualified for other state quota seats or All India quota seats in all NITs, IIITs, and Other-CFTIs (not for Home State quota seats).
|State Code||State/Union Territory(UT)||State Code||State/Union Territory(UT)|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||20||Madhya Pradesh|
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli(UT)||27||Puducherry(UT)|
|9||Daman & Diu(UT)||28||Punjab|
|14||Himachal Pradesh||33||Uttar Pradesh|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||34||Uttarakhand|
JEE Mains Eligibility for Dropouts:
The eligibility criteria for students who have a gap after their 12th are as follows:
- Candidate must have passed 12th grade in 2021 or 2023. Students are allowed three consecutive attempts for JEE Main exam.
- Candidate should have obtained a minimum qualifying score for JEE Main 2023.
- For class 12th or the qualifying exam, the candidate must have taken at least 5 subjects(Physics, Chemistry, & Mathematics are mandatory).
A candidate can appear for JEE Main exam for three consecutive years. The information is mentioned on the official website of the National Testing Agency.
For admission to the B.Arch course, students must have studied Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as mandatory subjects.
In this blog, we talked about the JEE Main eligibility criteria and other relevant information. Students can check the eligibility criteria before applying for the JEE Main exam.
For more such updates stay tuned with our Indian exams page. And dson’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.