SRM University’s Sonepat campus in Haryana conducts the SRMHCAT, or SRM University Haryana Common Aptitude Test. The exam is conducted for admission to engineering, management, law, and commerce programmes at the UG and PG levels of SRM University. Previously, the SRM University, Sonepat conducted separate entrance exams for engineering, law, and commerce & management. However, for SRM Haryana admissions this year, there will be a single Common Admission Test (CAT).
Haryana Domicile applicants receive a reservation of 25% of the seats in each programme depending on their performance in the SRMHCAT. To be eligible for the Haryana Domicile scholarship at this university, Haryana Domiciles must take the SRMHCAT.
|Conducting Body||SRM University, Sonepat|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Pen-paper and Computer-based Mode|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour and 30 Minutes (90 Minutes)|
|Exam Fees||Rs 1,100/-|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||9729995391|
This Blog Includes:
- Important Dates
- SRMHCAT Eligibility Criteria
- SRMHCAT 2023 Application Process
- SRMHCAT 2023 Syllabus
- SRMHCAT 2023 Exam pattern
- Admit Card 2023
- Exam Day Instructions
- SRMHCAT 2023 Results
|Commencement of Application||3rd week of January 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||4th week of June 2023|
|Admit Card Release||1st week of July 2023|
|SRMHCAT Exam Date||4th week of July 2023|
|Result||1st week of August 2023|
|Counselling||2nd week of August 2023|
SRMHCAT Eligibility Criteria
The SRM University has set some eligibility criteria for applicants taking the SRM Haryana Common Aptitude Test (SRMHCAT) for law programs. Before submitting an application, applicants must ensure that they fulfil the SRMHCAT law 2022 eligibility requirements, which are listed in the table below:
|BA LLB||Candidate must have completed class 12th with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognised board of education.|
|BBA LLB||Candidate must have completed class 12th with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognised board of education.|
Also See: IFFCO Exam 2022
SRMHCAT 2023 Application Process
The application forms for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes will be released by SRM University soon. The registration process is the same for all courses. Candidates can fill out the application form for SRMHCAT 2023, and download the prospectus and guidelines, by paying Rs. 1100/- in cash or by making a demand draft (DD) payable to SRMERI New Delhi. Candidates can fill up the SRM University application form online by following the steps outlined below.
How to apply
- Go to the university’s official website, srmuniversity.ac.in.
- Select the “Admissions Tab.”
- From the dropdown option, choose 2023 Application – Apply Now.
- Fill in the blanks with your name, email address, phone number, and password of your choice.
- After filling in your information, click on Register.
- An email with a link will be sent to your email address.
- After clicking the link, you will be redirected to the SRM University application page.
- Click on “Apply Now” and fill out the basic, preference, personal, and address details, as well as academic and other activities.
- After filling in your details, you will be sent to the payment page.
- Make your payment using any of the methods – credit card, debit card, cash card, net banking, mobile payments, wallet, and UPI.
Also See: KIITEE Exam 2023
SRMHCAT 2023 Syllabus
The table below lists the topic-wise syllabus for the SRMHCAT 2023. There are 4 sections in the SRMHCAT 2023 Exam which include reasoning, General Knowledge, English, and Maths. Candidates must go through the syllabus carefully and start creating their study plan accordingly.
General Knowledge/General Awareness
- Everyday Science
- Indian Polity
- Indian Geography
- Indian Economy
- National & International Current Affairs
- India’s Agriculture and commerce & trade
- Modern History with special reference to Indian National Movement
- Letter Series
- Nonverbal Series
- Seating Arrangement
- Odd One Out
- Venn Diagram
- Blood Relation
- Number System
- Mixture & Allegation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & Work
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Use of the Appropriate Word
- Phrase Replacement
- Error Detection
- Spelling Check
SRMHCAT 2023 Exam pattern
Candidates can refer to the table provided below to understand the exam pattern in detail. Candidates should familiarise themselves with the exam format to score well in the SRMHCAT exam 2023. There is no negative marking in the SRMHCAT exam 2023, giving an opportunity to students to score decent marks.
|Exam mode||Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Exam duration||1 hour 30 min (90 Minutes)|
Must Read: Commerce Exams After 12th
SRMHCAT exam 2023 will have 4 sections in total. Each section has Multiple Choice Based Questions. Candidates can refer to the table below to check the sectional weightage of each section in terms of marks.
|Logical Reasoning||20 Marks|
|Analytical Ability||20 Marks|
|General Awareness||20 Marks|
Admit Card 2023
Only students who submit the application form successfully will get the SRMHCAT admit card. Students may download their SRMHCAT admit cards by logging in with their application number and password. SRMHCAT 2023 Admit card is one of the most important documents that needs to be carried on exam day.
How to Download the Admit Card
- Visit SRMHCAT official website.
- Select the ‘Admit Card’ link.
- Enter your application number and birth date.
- Select the ‘Download’ option.
- Read the hall ticket and double-check it before downloading.
- Take the printout of your SRMHCAT admit card.
Details Mentioned on the Admit Card
- Candidate’s name
- Exam details including date and timings
- Father’s name
- Test centre name
- SRMHCAT 2023 Roll Number
- Exam day Instructions
Exam Day Instructions
On the exam day, candidates are required to follow basic guidelines which are mentioned below. Candidates must keep in mind that disobeying these instructions will lead to serious consequences.
- The applicant will not be permitted to enter the exam room without SRMHCAT Admit Card.
- Bring along a valid photo ID proof as well as the admit card, and keep in mind that the name on the ID proof must match the name provided during SRMHCAT registration.
- Arrive at the exam location at least 45 minutes before the test starts.
- Written materials, paper, electronic devices, and other items are not permitted inside the examination hall.
SRMHCAT 2023 Results
The SRMHCAT 2023 result will be released on the university’s official website. The results will be announced separately for each course. Admission to various courses will be based on performance in the exam. The steps to download the result are given below.
How to Download the Results
- Visit the official site
- The log-in page will display on the screen.
- Enter log-in information.
- The SRMHCAT 2023 result would be displayed on the screen upon login.
- Print the result after downloading it.
SRM University’s Sonepat campus in Haryana conducts the SRMHCAT, or SRM University Haryana Common Aptitude Test. The exam is conducted for admission to engineering, management, law, and commerce programmes at the UG and PG levels of SRM University.
The official website for SRMHCAT 2023 is srmuniversity.ac.in. Candidates can fill out the application form and download the prospectus and guidelines from the official website.
SRMHCAT 2023 will be conducted entirely online. There is no option for candidates to give the SRMHCAT 2023 paper offline.
For more updates on Indian Exams, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for up-to-date information.