KMAT Kerala: The registrations for KMAT Kerala will begin in April 2023 (tentatively). The Kerala Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) is conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala for admissions to Master of Business Administration (“MBA”) colleges across Kerala.
MBA has, in the past decade, become one of the most in-demand courses. This is because it allows candidates to not only learn business management skills for their own ventures but an MBA is also often considered the gateway to high-paying management jobs.
In light of the above, candidates who wish to pursue MBA can consider giving the KMAT. In this blog, we will be discussing the examination process, syllabus, fee and other relevant details associated with the examination.
|Conducting Body||Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala|
|Frequency of exam||Twice times a year|
|Exam Level||State level|
|Mode of examination||Conducted at designated venues|
|Levels||Three (3) – Examination, group discussion and interview|
This Blog Includes:
- KMAT Kerala 2023 Important Dates
- KMAT Kerala 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Registration Process for KMAT Kerala 2023
- KMAT Kerala 2023 Syllabus
- Exam Pattern for KMAT Kerala 2023
- KMAT Kerala Selection Process
- Participating Colleges
- Recommended Books for Preparation
- Preparation Tips
KMAT Kerala 2023 Important Dates
The relevant dates for the upcoming KMAT Kerala Exam for the year 2023 are yet to be notified. However, based on data accumulated over the years, we have prepared a list of tentative dates for both session 1 and session 2 for the KMAT Kerala examination below:
|Event||Tentative Date – Session 1||Tentative Date – Session 2|
|Commencement of registration||Second week of April 2023||Second week of July 2023|
|Last date for applications||Last week of April 2023||Last week of July 2023|
|Release of admit card||First week of May 2023||Mid-August 2023|
|Date of Examination||First or second week of May 2023||Last week of August 2023|
|Group Discussion and Interview||September 2023||September 2023|
KMAT Kerala 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the exam, as notified by the conducting body, are as follows:-
- Indians and non-Indian candidates both are eligible to apply. However, only Keralite candidates are eligible for fee concessions and reservations.
- There is no age restriction for giving the exam.
- Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree of a minimum of three (3) years of duration in the field of arts, commerce, management, etc. Candidates in the final year of their bachelor’s can also apply for this exam.
- Candidates should have scored the minimum marks stipulated by the university to which they wish to apply.
Also Read: Law Entrance Exams after 12th
Registration Process for KMAT Kerala 2023
The application process is online and candidates need to visit the official website to register for the exam. The registration process is a five (5) stage process as noted below:-
- Registration – During this process, candidates will be granted an application number and would need to create a password.
- Filling out the online application – Candidates need to submit their basic information during this stage. Further, while filling out this form, candidates need to select four (4) convenient city codes as their choice of centres in order of preference.
- Payment of fee – This can be done through two (2) methods, i.e., online payment and e-challan.
- Uploading of photograph and signature.
- Print the acknowledgement page.
KMAT Kerala 2023 Application Fee
The fee schedule for the KMAT Kerala 2023 exam is stated below:-
KMAT Kerala 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the KMAT Kerala exam 2023 is based on the fundamental learnings of Class 12th. The detailed syllabus for the same is discussed below. However, since the selection process also involves an interview as well as group discussion, candidates must be up-to-date on the latest news and relevant developments.
|Subject||Number of questions||The weightage (in marks)|
|English language usage and reading comprehension||Fifty (50)||Two hundred (200)|
|Quantitative aptitude||Fifty (50)||Two hundred (200)|
|Data sufficiency and logical reasoning||Forty (40)||One-hundred and sixty (160)|
|General Knowledge and current affairs||Forty (40)||One-hundred and sixty (160)|
Also Read: DU LLB Entrance Exams 2022
Exam Pattern for KMAT Kerala 2023
The exam pattern is discussed below:-
|Duration of exam||One hundred and eighty (180) minutes|
|Language of exam||English|
|Total Questions||One hundred and eighty (180)|
|Total marks||Seven hundred and twenty (720)|
|Negative marking||Yes. Four marks are awarded for every correct answer and one mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.|
As per last year’s notification, the qualifying marks for both general and reserved categories are as follows:-
KMAT Kerala Selection Process
Candidates seeking admission to colleges through KMAT Kerala will have to go through a three (3) step process that is noted below:
|Entrance examination||Eighty (80) per cent|
|Group discussion||Ten (10) per cent|
|Personal interview||Ten (10) per cent|
Numerous colleges in India accept the scores of the KMAT Kerala exam to give admission to qualified candidates. Some of them are listed below:
- Presidency University, Bangalore
- MSRIT Bangalore – Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- MIT Mysore
- Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Lead College of Management, Pallakad
- MP Birla Institue of Management, Bangalore
- Rajagiri School of Management, Cochin
Recommended Books for Preparation
Keeping in mind the syllabus and the large number of topics involved, here is a list of recommended books that would help you prepare better and ace the KMAT Kerala Exam 2023:
- Class 11th and 12th NCERT textbooks
- Verbal ability and reading comprehension by Ajay Singh
- Business English and communication by Clark Zimmer
- Quantitative aptitude for competition examination – tips, techniques and short-cut methods by Abhijit Guha
However, given the vast syllabus, candidates should do their research and find additional literature best suited for their preparation.
Given the high demand for MBA amongst both students and employers, MBA is very much in demand and there is increased competition among candidates to crack the exam. Given this, here are a few tips for candidates preparing for the KMAT Kerala exam:-
- Be familiar with each topic of the syllabus.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in the relevant field to perform better in group discussions and personal interviews.
- Do not leave preparation for the last moment. Use the last day for revision and to rest.
KMAT is conducted twice a year by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, Kerala. It is a state-level exam conducted to select highly skilled candidates for admission to MBA courses in Kerala colleges.
Yes. One (1) mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
There is no restriction on the number of attempts as long as the eligibility criteria are fulfilled.
In the year 2022, qualifying marks were seventy-two (72) for candidates belonging to the General category and fifty-four (54) for candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
CMAT is the national-level management exam, while KMAT Kerala is a state-level exam. In terms of difficulty, CMAT is a more difficult exam as compared to KMAT as the number of applications that are submitted for CMAT every year are much higher than those for KMAT Kerala.
For similar updates about the KMAT Kerala exam, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.