Ranked at 20th position in the latest NIRF rankings, University of Delhi has etched its name in the list of most coveted educational institutions in India. Apart from the traditional courses like BCom, Bachelor of Arts, Master of Science, etc, the university is also revered for its legal studies. The Faculty of Law, which was established in the year 1924 has since been producing legal luminaries who have worked as legal advisors, highly qualified Advocates, and High Court and Supreme Court judges. Every year, the university attracts applications from lakhs of undergraduate students who want to kickstart a career in Law through the DU LLB exam.
Due to a highly competitive atmosphere, only a handful of young minds are selected to pursue an LLB, one of the most sought-after law courses in India, from the University of Delhi. In this blog, we will discuss all the details pertaining to the University’s law entrance exam for the year 2021!
This Blog Includes:
DU LLB entrance exam is one of the most popular university-level Law entrance exams that is conducted every year in order to shortlist the candidates who want to pursue a 3-year LLB course from the coveted university. Considered amongst the best law colleges in India, the candidates who successfully manage to get through the test will be admitted based on their merit.
DU LLB 2021
Here are all the important dates for the exam of DU LLB 2021
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Registration Dates- Start and End||April-last week of May, 2021|
|Downloading Admit Card||June, 2021|
|Result||1st week of July, 2021|
DU LLB: Eligibility Criteria
In order to be able to sit for one of the popular competitive exams, it is important for the candidates to fulfil certain eligibility criteria. Therefore, before filling out the application form for the DU LLB entrance exam, here is what you need to know about the admission parameters set by the university:
- General (unreserved) Category: The candidates falling in the unreserved category should hold either a graduate or post-graduate degree from any recognized university or educational institution. Further, only those with at least an aggregate of 50% or equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) Category: The eligible OBC candidates should hold either a graduate or a post-graduate degree from any recognized university or educational institution with an aggregate of at least 45% or equivalent.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (ST/SC) Category: Only those candidates who hold either a graduate or postgraduate degree from a recognized university or educational institution and have secured an aggregate of at least 40% are eligible to apply.
Please note: Relaxation of up to 5% marks will be provided to the candidates who belong to the category of widows or wards of defence personnel. Also, the general candidates who belong to PwD (Persons with Disability) are provided with a relaxation of up to 5% marks.
Entrance Exam Pattern
Way before the candidates start applying for the DU LLB entrance exam, having clarity about the exam pattern and syllabus is crucial to ace the test. By going through the topics that are covered under each section, it will greatly help you schedule your time table and prepare for the exam accordingly. Enlisted are the important points you need to know about the DU LLB exam pattern:
- The duration of the exam is of two hours and will be held in an Online mode.
- There shall be a total of 100 objective type questions each carrying four marks. Thus, the total weightage of the exam is of 400 marks in all.
- The exam is divided into 4 sections namely, English Language Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness and Aptitude, and General Knowledge.
- The entire examination is to be attempted in the English language.
- Talking about the marking scheme, four marks will be awarded for every correct attempt. Whereas, one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. No marks will be deducted if the question is left unanswered.
DU LLB 2021 Syllabus
|English Language Comprehension||Pronouns, proverbs, antonyms & synonyms, active passive voice, adverbs, unseen passages, grammar, spell check, comprehension passages.|
|Analytical abilities||Profit loss, time, speed & distance, probability, logical puzzles, analytical reasoning, number systems, cause & effect reasoning.|
|General Knowledge||Indian economy, current affairs, banking, finance, National income of India, Indian tax structure.|
|Legal awareness and aptitude||Legal propositions, legal maxims, supreme court judgements, conclusions, legal terms & fundamentals, conclusions.|
Looking for a study abroad consultant in Delhi? Then why wait? Book your 30 minutes free counselling session Here with Leverage Edu and push your career in the right direction!
How to Apply for the DU LLB Exam?
The University of Delhi will release the official notification for inviting applications to admission into DU LLB for the year 2021 soon. To give you a brief overview, below are some simple steps that you must follow in order to apply for the entrance test:
- Visit the official website of the Faculty of Law.
- To register yourself, click on ‘New Registration’.
- The next step is to fill in all the essential personal and academic details in the application form available.
- Check whether all the details you have entered are correct. Pay the application fees and click ‘Submit’.
The online registration fee for applying to DU LLB is Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PwD and for all other categories such as Unreserved and Other Backward Classes, it is Rs. 500/-.
DU LLB 2021 Counselling
Faculty of Law, Delhi University takes care of the counselling process and grants admission to students in its 3 campuses:
- Candidates need to register on the official website and rank the three campuses in order of their preferences.
- DU releases a cut off list which acts as the basis for admissions.
- All the shortlisted candidates need to report to the venue as per their allotted time.
- Candidates will be allotted seats based on their marks, preference and seat matrix.
- Candidates need to report to their allotted campuses with all the original documents and fees in order to complete the admission process.
Cracking a law entrance exam like DU LLB is not a piece of cake. The candidate is required to put consistent efforts in order to crack this popular entrance exam like a pro. Therefore, to ease out your confusion about how to prepare for competitive exams like DU LLB, we have enlisted some amazing preparation tips that will help you prepare for the test:
- Be it DU LLB or any other law entrance exam, the candidates are required to have a stronghold on basic general knowledge. For this, read newspapers thoroughly in order to stay abreast of the latest political and legal affairs.
- The best technique to clear the DU LLB entrance exam is to solve mock tests and sample papers. By doing this, you will not only get a hang of the exact types of questions that are asked but it will also boost your speed and accuracy.
- In order to score well, your basic concepts should be crystal clear. Be it through your professor or online sources, look for some of the best competitive exam books for Law which cover the syllabus comprehensively. These guides also consist of scores of sample papers which can certainly come handy while preparing for the DU LLB exam.
Thus, hard work coupled with a smart strategy can help you score well in the DU LLB exam! Even though there are scores of law schools in India but if you want to explore opportunities abroad, it is important to be prepared in advance so as to avoid any delay in joining the semester of your choice. Take the assistance of experts at Leverage Edu who will not only help you choose the right university but will also assist in completing admission related formalities!