The University of Punjab has recently released the notification regarding their annually conducted exam for admissions under various UG Law categories. The Punjab University Undergraduate Law Entrance Exam is a university-level law entrance test conducted by the University of Punjab. These examinations will be conducted in an offline mode and the duration is 1 hour and 30 minutes. The exam will be conducted for admissions in UILS Chandigarh, UILS Hoshiarpur, UIL Ludhiana for 2023-24 session. Let’s explore this article to know about the PU BA LLB entrance eligibility criteria in detail.
|Full Exam Name||Punjab University Undergraduate Law Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||University of Punjab|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Examination Date||3rd week of June 2023 (tentative)|
|Number of Seats||360|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria of PU BA LLB Entrance Exam
Students who want to pursue a career in law are required to spend 5 years gaining professional knowledge about the subject. As the course will take 5 years it is advisable to start as early as possible.
The PU BA LLB entrance exam eligibility criteria refer to minimum requirements that applicants must fulfil in order to appear in the examination. The criteria are as follows:
- The candidates who want to pursue the entrance exam are required to have their passing certificate of 12th class with a minimum score of 50%.
- Candidates belonging to minority or reserved classes will also get a 5% relaxation.
- Candidates who have a passing certificate of 10+2 from an open university will not be allowed to register themselves for the entrance examination.
Application Process of PU BA LLB Entrance Exam
The university will soon be releasing its application process for the entrance examination 2023 on its official website. Students can refer to a detailed application process given below:
- The candidates appearing for the test are required to visit the official website to find the examination link and they can register themselves with their valid email ID and contact number.
- Once the registration process is completed, students can log in to the newly created account.
- The candidates will be required to fill in their personal details, and academic details and upload all the mandatory documents including passport-size photographs and scanned signatures.
- The students will then be asked to choose their preferred examination centre.
- To complete the application process the students will be required to pay an application fee. It can be paid in both online and offline modes.
Also Read: Law Entrance Exams: India and Abroad
Application Fee of PU BA LLB Entrance Exam
The candidates appearing for the PU BA LLB entrance exam are required to pay an application fee. The fees can be paid in both online and offline modes.
|Application Fees (Online)||General – INR 2175
Reserved / Minority- INR 1088
|Application Fees (Offline)||General – INR 2100
Reserved / Minority- INR 1050
Exam Pattern of PU BA LLB Entrance Exam
The students appearing for the exam should be well aware of the examination pattern. Once you are aware of the pattern of the exam, you will be able to plan out your preparation accordingly. The examination pattern will explain the types of questions that are asked, the marking scheme, exam duration, etc.
Candidates appearing for the entrance examination can refer to the following table:
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Duration of exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer|
|Total number of marks||100|
The candidates who want to apply for PU BA LLB entrance test must score at least 50% in their class 12th examination. A 5% relaxation is also given to the students belonging to a minority or reserved classes. Refer to the above blog to know more about the eligibility criteria for the PU BA LLB entrance test.
The PU BA LLB entrance test is expected to be conducted in the 3rd week of June 2023. The official dates are yet to be confirmed. Students appearing for the entrance test are advised to check the official website for the final date.
Candidates who want to pursue a career in law can get admission to the undergraduate law courses. The different courses available for the PU BA LLB entrance test are BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.)
The above blog has covered all the important details of the eligibility criteria for the Punjab University Undergraduate Law Entrance Exam IN BA LLB. The blog will help the candidates to get a clear idea about the eligibility process which has to be followed.