Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is currently accepting applications for their upcoming Law Aptitude Test (LAT). The test will be conducted in slots starting from January 4th to May 31st, 2023. Those who are interested in pursuing BA LLB(Hons.) and BA LLB programme can fill out the application form for NMIMS LAT 2023, a common entrance examination conducted by NMIMS for law aspirants. The last date to apply for the NMIMS LAT 2023 is May 23, 2023.
The NMIMS LAT is a common university-level examination taken by students to pursue BA LLB (Hons.) and BA LLB programmes on the NMIMS campuses. The following highlights table represents some of the key details relevant to the examination:
|Examination||NMIMS Law Aptitude Test (NMIMS LAT)|
|Conducting Body||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Application Date||December 1st, 2022 to May 21st, 2023|
|Exam Slot||January 4th, 2023 to May 31st, 2023|
|Application Fee||INR 2000/-|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
This Blog Includes:
NMIMS LAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
The students aiming to undertake the upcoming NMIMS examination must go through these criteria to confirm their eligibility before applying for the common entrance examination, i.e. NMIMS LAT 2023:
- The applicants must have cleared class 12th examination from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate of 55%.
- The candidates who have passed their class 12 examination from an International Board, would be required to submit an IB certificate or diploma awarded with 24 credits.
- Candidates still appearing for their 12th examination can also apply for the entrance examination. However, they must fulfil the mentioned eligibility criteria as of the date of application.
Also Read: GLAT Exam
NMIMS LAT 2023 Application Process
Every year, NMIMS releases a good number of seats available to cater for the increasing number of student applications for admissions to the 7 NMIMS campuses. This year too, the estimated number of available seats would be around 956. The step-by-step application process for the NMIMS LAT 2023 is given below:
- To apply for the common entrance test, the candidates need to visit the official website of NMIMS LAT.
- Click on the “Register Now” link to register as a new user.
- After logging in, the candidates need to complete their application by filling in all the required details.
- It is advised to choose the test category, school, and campus preferences while completing the application process.
- Make sure to recheck all the details before submitting the application and paying the application fee.
|Payment||Net Banking, UPI, Debit Card|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
Once the application fee is submitted, download a copy of your submitted application form and fee receipt for future reference.
NMIMS LAT 2023 Exam Date
The NMIMS Law Institute has already released the examination dates. As a matter of course, students have ample time to strengthen their knowledge and preparations beforehand. If you have already applied for the NMIMS LAT 2023 examination, then make sure to keep your preparation in check in accordance with the examination date.
|Last Date of Application||May 21st, 2023|
|Admit Card||To be Notified|
|Exam Slot||January 4, 2023 to May 31, 2023|
|Cut-off List||First week of June 2023 (Tentative)|
NMIMS LAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Once you are familiar with the examination procedures, the applicants are advised to read the examination pattern as well.
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Question|
It is important to note that the correct answers to the questions carry 1 mark each, while one-fourth negative marking will be done for every wrong answer.
NMIMS LAT 2023 Syllabus
The candidates who are going to undertake the NMIMS LAT 2023 to pursue a career in Law need to be thoroughly prepared for the objective-type questions, commonly known as the Multiple-choice Questions (MCQs). Candidates must also stay up to date with the current affairs and news. It is advised to pay specific attention to the given topics to secure your seat in the cut-off list:
NMIMS LAT 2023 Selection Process
The examination conducting body will declare a merit list of the NMIMS LAT 2023 exam. With that, the students would be able to choose their desired programmes and colleges accordingly.
It is further important to note that the applicant is required to choose their preference very wisely as the same cannot be changed later.
NMIMS Fee Structure
The annual academic fee for 1st year BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.) at NMIMS, for the academic year 2022 were as follows:
|NMIMS Campus||Annual Fees 2022|
|Mumbai||INR 2.40 Lakhs|
|Navi Mumbai||INR 2.00 Lakhs|
|Bangalore||INR 1.75 Lakhs|
|Hyderabad||INR 1.02 Lakhs|
|Indore||INR 1.50 Lakhs|
|Dhole||INR 1.01 Lakhs|
|Chandigarh||INR 1.20 Lakhs|
The annual fees for the BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB 2023 batch would be released at the time of campus selection.
NMIMS LAT 2023 Preparation Tips
The difficulty in these campus selection exams has become very high after the increasing number of applicants over the years. If you want to win the race of choosing your dream NMIMS campus, then follow these preparation tips to succeed:
- It is better to keep yourself updated with the registration and examination dates, along with knowing the examination pattern a little better.
- The candidates applying for NMIMS LAT 2023, are advised to familiarise themselves with the examination syllabus as much as possible. This will help the candidate to enhance their subjective concepts.
- Make a timetable and after identifying your stronger and weaker subjects or topics. So that, you can divide your preparation time wisely.
- Download the previous year’s question paper, i.e. NMIMS LAT 2022 and solve the paper within the given time frame of 2 hours.
- Although it is not mandatory, try to keep your preparations centred around the commonly asked questions in the past few years.
If you consider yourself fit to be excelling in the legal field and have a knack for law, then qualifying the NMIMS LAT 2023 with a winning strike would just be a cakewalk for you. Even if you have just started to dream about pursuing a BA and BBA in law, then following these preparation tips will help you to get into one of the best NMIMS campuses.
The expected number of available seats for the NMIMS 2023 intake are 956 and the exact number of seats would be revealed along with the release of merit lists. The institution has already received a good number of applications since the release date of December 6th, 2022.
The last date to fill out the NMIMS LAT 2023 application form is May 21st, 2023.
The institute is yet to release the admit card and would release it soon after the closing the applications and centre allocation.