Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) conducts the NMIMS Law Aptitude Test (NMIMS LAT) for students aspiring to study in BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.) programmes of the institution. To appear for this entrance test applicants must fulfil the NMIMS LAT eligibility criteria: Students must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination with at least 50% marks or Students must be appearing for Class XII Board or an equivalent examination. The maximum age limit for NMIMS LAT is 25 years.
|Exam||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies Law Aptitude Test (NMIMS LAT)|
|Organizing Body||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Programmes under NMIMS-LAT||BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.)|
|Duration of Courses||5 Years|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
This Blog Includes:
NMIMS LAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
NMIMS LAT is conducted to admit students to BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.) programmes of NMIMS School of Law, also known as the Kirit P Mehta School of Law. As per NMIMS, the candidate must adhere to the following eligibility criteria to get admission to the aforementioned institute:
- Applicant must have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a recognized board. Candidate must have a score of 50% aggregate marks in Class XII or equivalent examination, or
- Students appearing for the Class XII Board exam or equivalent examination can apply for this entrance test, provided they obtain the required minimum marks. They can produce the necessary documents within the stipulated time.
- The aggregate percentage of all subjects should be a minimum of 50%. This rule is only for For ICSE and CBSE Students. Also, they should pass the subjects in a single attempt.
- For International Board (IB), Cambridge, and Overseas School Students, it is mandatory that Students must submit an AIU Certificate of Equivalence. Marksheets/Transcripts by the Board/University will be considered.
- If the Board/Institution/University issues 10+2 marks or equivalent examination scores in the percentile, NMIMS will consider the aggregate percentage of all subjects opted for by candidates.
- If the Board/University/Institution gives the 10+2 examination score as a Grade Point Average (GPA), applicants must provide the equivalent percentage in writing from their respective Board/Institution/University.
- Candidate must not be above the age of 25 years.
- Age will be calculated as per the DOB on the Secondary School certificate.
NMIMS LAT Exam Date 2023
NMIMS LAT exam date 2023 is mentioned in the official notification announced by the conducting body. It is advisable that you keep a note of the date mentioned in the table below, so that you never miss any event of this exam. As per the official announcement, the exam is expected to be conducted in the month of May
NMIMS LAT is a flexible exam. The institute provides a reasonable window for online registration, exam rescheduling, and exam slot. The process started in December 2022 and will conclude in June 2023.
|Online Registration||1st December 2022 to 21st May 2023|
|Exam Window||4th January 2023 to 31st May 2023|
|Exam Date Scheduling||6th December 2022 to 23rd May 2023|
|Merit List||Dates will be out by 1st week of June 2023|
NMIMS LAT Registration 2023
Students can register for NMIMS LAT 2023 on the official websites. Before that, you need to ensure that you follow the eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting body. Apart from this, we have mentioned some steps to help candidates. Make sure you follow these steps to submit your application Follow these steps for a hassle-free experience.
- Visit the official website of the exam conducting body.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to create an account.
- Select the form and register.
- Select NMIMS as the test category.
- The select program, school, and campus preferences.
- Select the number of retakes.
- Pay the registration fee, which is based on the number of retakes and schools.
- Schedule the exam by selecting the test centre and test date/s.
NMIMS LAT 2023 Admit Card
Admit Card is available after the scheduling of the test. The card reflects the exam slot, exam city, and test centre of the candidate and is available on the dashboard of the student. Candidates are required to present the admit card at the test centre.
Steps to Download Admit card
- Go to the dashboard of NMIMS LAT 2023
- Login to the registered account, using the registration ID and password.
- Download the admit card from the ‘Admit Card’ link.
NMIMS LAT 2023 Exam Pattern
NMIMS LAT exam is compartmentalised into 5 sections, which contain 150 questions in total. Each question carries 1 mark and there are no negative marks. Students are required to complete their test in 2 hours/120 minutes.
|Topics||Verbal Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Reasoning||Logical Reasoning||Legal Reasoning|
|No. of Questions||30||30||30||30||30|
Course Fee Structure
Below, we have given a table that contains information on course-wise fees. Candidates should know the fee structure before getting admission in BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.) courses offered by NMIMS. Keep in mind that the university can increase or decrease the fee as per the situation.
|BA LLB (Hons.)||–||BBA LLB (Hons.)||–|
|Campus||Fees (Per Annum)||Campus||Fees (Per Annum)|
|Mumbai||INR 3 lakhs||Mumbai||INR 3 lakhs|
|Navi Mumbai||INR 2 lakhs||Navi Mumbai||INR 2 lakhs|
|Chandigarh||INR 1.2 lakhs||Chandigarh||INR 1.2 lakhs|
|Indore||INR 1.5 lakhs||Dhule||INR 1.1 lakhs|
|Hyderabad||INR 1.02 lakhs||Indore||INR 1.5 lakhs|
|Bengaluru||INR 1.75 lakhs||Hyderabad||INR 1.02 lakhs|
|Bengaluru||INR 1.75 lakhs|
Candidates applying for NMIMS LAT 2023 must not be above the age of 25 years.
Students who have scored a minimum of 50% in their 10+2 or equivalent examination can appear for the entrance exam. Additionally, students who are appearing for 10+2 or equivalent examinations are also eligible for NMIMS LAT 2023.
Yes. International Board students along with Cambridge students are eligible for NMIMS LAT 2023. They need to submit their AIU Certificate of Excellence to fulfil the eligibility criteria for the exam.
After qualifying for NMIMS LAT, students can get admitted to BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.) of NMIMS School of Law.
Students aspiring to build a career in law can appear for NMIMS-LAT 2023, which is organised by NMIMS. The purpose of this exam to admit students to its BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.) courses, available at different campuses of the institution.
Leverage Edu is here to provide regular updates about NMIMS-LAT 2023. To get information about other such Indian Exams, follow us on Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, and Facebook.