The All India Law Entrance Test is a national-level examination conducted for admission to various law programmes available at the National Law University (NLU). The AILET PG examination is conducted for admission into NLU Delhi’s LLM program.
The entrance exam is conducted in English and is divided into two sections. Section A will contain 50 multiple-choice questions and candidates have to answer 2 descriptive questions from Section B.
|Name of Exam||AILET|
|Mode of Application form||Online|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Negative Marking||0.25 for every incorrect answer|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
This Blog Includes:
AILET PG Application Process
Candidates who wish to enroll themselves in NLU Delhi’s PG programme which allows them to complete their LLM will have to enroll themselves through NLU Delhi’s official website. The application process for enrolling in the exam is as follows:
- Candidates are required to register by filling in the details such as e-mail, mobile number, date of birth, etc.
- Candidates have to make a new password to create their account.
- The candidates should select the program from the drop-down menu and lock their application.
- The candidate needs to fill in the details required in the process.
- A photo of the candidate with the signature has to be uploaded
- At the end, the candidate has to make the payment for the application form and submit the same.
- Candidates can pay through net banking, credit or debit card.
Documents Required for the Application Process
As detailed by the application process above, there are certain documents required for submission by the candidates while signing up for the AILET PG examination. For the candidates’ convenience, the documents/information required are listed below:
- A valid email address
- An active phone number
- Scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed specification
AILET PG Application Fees
Candidates interested in taking the AILET PG examination will have to pay a fee to complete the application process. The candidates are required to visit the official website of NLU Delhi to fill the application and pay the fee. Candidates can pay the application fee using a credit/debit card, UPI or bank challan. The fee for taking the AILET PG examination is as follows:
|Persons with Disability||INR 1050|
*There is no examination fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST Below Poverty Line category.
Must Read: AILET PG Syllabus
Eligibility Criteria for AILET PG
Before candidates go on to commence the application process, it is essential that they first check whether they fulfil the eligibility criteria set out by the conducting body for taking the exam. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidates appearing for the test need to have completed their LLB from a recognised by the Bar Council of India with a minimum score of 55% marks on aggregate. There is a relaxation of 5% for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Candidates still in their final year of LLB can also appear for the exam subject to the above conditions.
Preparation Tips for AILET PG
NLU Delhi is considered to be one of the most prestigious and reputed colleges for law in India. Accordingly, it is almost a given that the competition for the limited seats will be intense. Here are a few tips that can help with your preparation and help you do well in the exam:
- Construct a study plan and stick to it. Candidates can also make a plan according to the subjects or sections.
- Form a daily routine around your study plan.
- Acquaint yourself with the exam syllabus and be thorough with it. They should prepare a subject-wise study plan.
- The candidates should make a habit of reading the newspaper daily to do well in the current affairs and general knowledge section.
- The candidates should also practice mock papers. Solving the previous years’ question papers will also give the candidates an idea about the questions that are generally asked in the exam as well as their preparation.
Yes. AILET has negative marking and there is a deduction of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
The eligibility criteria for taking the AILET PG exam have been explained in detail above.
There are a total number of 80 seats available in the AILET PG programme out of which 70 seats are on merit through AILET and 10 seats are for direct admission to foreign nationals on merit.
In this blog, we have discussed, in detail, the application process for AILET PG. Candidates who wish to pursue law from NLU-Delhi can follow the process detailed above and start their journey.
For more such updates on Indian Exams, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for up-to-date information.