Karnataka TET Reservation Criteria: The Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test (Karnataka TET or KARTET)) is a crucial examination conducted by the Karnataka State Government to help individuals aspiring to get a teaching job in the state’s government schools. In order to ensure equal opportunities for candidates belonging to various categories, the Karnataka TET Reservation Criteria is followed during the seat allotment process. In this article, we will delve into the essential details of the Karnataka TET Reservation Criteria for 2023 and explore how the seat allotment process works.
|Name of Exam||Karnataka Teachers Eligibility Test (KARTET) 2023|
|Conducting By||Department of School Education, Karnataka|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Total Paper||2 Papers|
|TS TET Exam||July 2023 (Tentative)|
|Karnataka TET Login/Application Form||https://sts.karnataka.gov.in/TET/|
|KARTET Official Website||https://schooleducation.kar.nic.in/|
This Blog Includes:
Karnataka TET Reservation Criteria 2023
The KARTET Reservation Criteria aims to provide equal opportunities for candidates from different categories based on social, economic, and educational factors. While with the reservation policy, candidates from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds are given fair representation and the chance to pursue a career in teaching.
The Karnataka TET reservation system is applicable for the following categories:
- Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) Category
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) Category
- Person with Disability (PWD) Category
KARTET Reservation Criteria and Cut-off List
The aspirants belonging to the above categories can leverage the benefits provided under the “reserved category”. As a result, these aspirants get a 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks to be eligible to appear for the KARTET 2023 exam.
Aspirants belonging to a certain reserved category can derive a benefit from the following relaxation in the Karnataka TET cutoff list 2023:
|Name of Category||Cutoff Marks||Cutoff Percentage|
|General Category (2A/2A/3A/3B)||90 marks out of 150||60%|
|Reserved Category (SC, ST, OBC, C-I, PWD, etc.)||82 marks out of 150||55%|
Also Read: Teacher Training Courses
Karnataka TET Seat Allotment Process 2023
The seat allotment process for Karnataka TET begins after the results are announced. Here’s an overview of the general procedure:
- Announcement of Merit List: A merit list is published based on the candidates’ performance in the TET examination. The list includes the names and roll numbers of the qualified candidates, sorted in descending order of their scores.
- Categorisation of Seats: The total number of available seats is divided based on the reservation policy after the release of the merit list. The number of seats reserved for SC, ST, OBC, and physically disabled candidates is calculated according to the predefined percentages.
- Allotment of Seats: Once the seats are categorised according to the reservation criteria, the admission authority commences the seat allotment process. Candidates are allocated seats based on their rank in the merit list and the availability of reserved seats in their respective categories.
The reservation criteria for Karnataka TET 2023 require candidates to belong to certain categories like SC, ST, OBC, PWD, etc as mentioned in the exam brochure to get relaxation in terms of application and seat allotment process. The candidates belonging to the reserved categories have a 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks in order to be eligible for the KARTET exam.
Yes, there is an age limit criterion for the Karnataka TET 2023 examination. Candidates belonging to the age group of 18 to 40 years can apply for KARTET 2023.
The official website to apply for the Karnataka TET exam is https://sts.karnataka.gov.in/TET/.
This was all about the Karnataka TET 2023 reservation criteria for aspiring candidates willing to pursue a teaching career in Karnataka. For more updates related to various Indian exams of your concern, follow the Indian Exams page of Leverage Edu.