The West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development conducts the JEXPO Exam (Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic, West Bengal) (WB Polytechnic). Candidates interested in pursuing diploma courses in West Bengal can apply for JEXPO 2023. Read on to find out more about JEXPO exam dates, the application process, admit card download link, and other important information.
|Name of Exam
|Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic (JEXPO),
|West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education
and Skill Development
|Mode of JEXPO 2023 Exam
|Offline Pen Paper-Based Test
|Medium of JEXPO 2023 Exam
|Duration of JEXPO 2023 Exam
|02 Hours (120 Minutes)
|Type of Questions
|Polytechnic Diploma in Engineering
This Blog Includes:
- JEXPO Exam Overview 2023
- Latest Updates on JEXPO Exam 2023
- JEXPO Exam Notification 2023
- Important Dates for JEXPO Exam 2023
- JEXPO Exam Pattern 2023
- JEXPO Exam Syllabus 2023
- JEXPO Eligibility Criteria 2023
- JEXPO Exam Application Process 2023
- JEXPO Exam Admit Card 2023
- How to Prepare for JEXPO Exam 2023
- JEXPO Answer Key 2023
- JEXPO Exam Result 2023
- Selection Process for JEXPO Exam 2023
JEXPO Exam Overview 2023
JEXPO stands for Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnics. It is organised at the state level by the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development (Technical Education Division). This is a Polytechnic admissions entrance exam. Through this exam, one can gain admission to the first year of a diploma programme in Polytechnic at West Bengal Universities.
West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development plans to hold JEXPO 2023 in May 2023. Candidates must visit the official website on a regular basis to stay up to date on the examination process.
- Registration for JEXPO 2023 will begin tentatively in the first week of March 2023. Check the Application Form for JEXPO 2023
- JEXPO 2023 will be held offline for a duration of two hours. The JEXPO 2023 Question Paper will include 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The JEXPO 2023 Syllabus is divided into the following sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Computer Science.
- Candidates born on or before July 1, 2005, are eligible to participate in JEXPO 2023. There is no maximum age limit.
Latest Updates on JEXPO Exam 2023
The West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development will release the Application forms for the JEXPO exam soon. The JEXPO application process is expected to start in the month of March or April 2023. For the academic session of 2023 – 2024, the organisation had planned to release forms by February 2023. This got delayed so the candidates willing to apply can expect the application forms anytime soon now.
JEXPO Exam Notification 2023
The examination authorities have not yet released the latest notification for JEXPO 2023. The JEXPO notification 2023 will be updated here as soon as the exam bodies release it. The exam notification will broadly include dates for the examination and application process. The notification will also declare the application process open on the website.
Important Dates for JEXPO Exam 2023
The exam conducting authority will release the exam dates of JEXPO on the official website. However, based on data accumulated over the years, we have prepared the below table of tentative dates:
|Start date of JEXPO application form
|The Last date to fill out the application form
|JEXPO admit card date 2023
|JEXPO 2023 exam date
|05 May 2023
Also Read: Rajasthan JET
JEXPO Exam Pattern 2023
The exam pattern for JEXPO 2023 will be released in the official notification by the exam authorities. Applicants who are taking the exam must prepare according to the exam pattern. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
- It is an offline Pen Paper Based Test with a time limit of two hours.
- JEXPO 2023 consists of multiple-choice questions.
- The maximum number of marks is 200, and each correct answer earns one (1) mark. There is also expected to be a 0.25 deduction for every incorrect answer.
The exam pattern for the JEXPO exam is discussed below:
|Medium of examination
|English and Bengali
|Duration of exam
|Total number of questions
|+1 for every incorrect answer-0.25 for every incorrect answer
In addition to the above, here is a section-wise breakdown of the JEXPO exam:
|Number of Questions
JEXPO Exam Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for JEXPO 2023 consists of five subjects, as mentioned above. These subjects are maths, physical science (physics + chemistry), aptitude and English. The content of the syllabus will be from class 10th subjects. The following is the syllabus for Maths and Physical Science:
Linear Simultaneous Equations
Laws of Indices
Transversal & Mid-Point Theorem
Profit & Loss
Theorems on Area
Area & Perimeter of Triangle
& Quadrilateral Shaped Region
Circumferences of Circle
Theorem related to Tangent to a circle
Theorems on Concurrence
Area of Circular Region
Quadratic Equations with one Variable
Theorem related to Circle
Rectangular Parallelopiped or Cuboid
Ratio and Proportion
Theorem related to Angles in a Circle
Right Circular Cylinder
Theorems related to Cyclic Quadrilateral
Construction of Circumcircle
Construction of Parallelogram & Triangle
Properties of Parallelograms
Right Circular Cone
Construction of tangent to a Circle
Force & Motion
Power & Energy
Bases & Salts
Separation of Components of Mixtures
Concerns about our Environment
Inorganic Chemistry in the Laboratory and in Industry
Periodic Table and Periodicity of the Properties elements
Behaviour of Gases
Ionic and Covalent Bonding
Matter – Structure and Properties
Electricity and Chemical Reactions
Real-Life Problems related to different Solid
Physics and Chemistry
Construction – Determination of Mean Proportional
JEXPO Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates who wish to participate in JEXPO 2023 must meet all of the eligibility requirements. No candidate will be allowed to take the written exam unless they meet the eligibility requirements outlined below.
If a candidate fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements, their JEXPO 2023 application form will be cancelled. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at the time of admission, their candidature will be withdrawn. Various points considered to check the eligibility are mentioned below.
The candidate must be of Indian origin.
- State Eligibility
- Candidates from the state of West Bengal are eligible to apply.
- Those who completed their 10th grade in West Bengal may also apply.
- Other state candidates may also apply as outside state candidates.
- Academic Qualifications
- Candidate must have completed class 10th with English, Physical Science, and Mathematics as required subjects from any recognised Secondary Education Board.
- The minimum aggregate marks should be 35%
- Age Criteria
- The minimum age for applying is 15 years old. The candidate’s birth date should not be later than July 1, 2007.
- Maximum age: There is no upper age limit for applying.
JEXPO Exam Application Process 2023
The JEXPO 2023 application form will be available in March 2023. The JEXPO 2023 Application Form can be accessed and submitted both online and offline.
Candidates need to go to the online application portal and begin the application process right away to fill out the application form online. As part of the application process, candidates must fill out and submit personal and academic information. The application process is briefly described below:
- Registration – Candidates must register online using their email address and mobile number.
- Filling out the application form – In this step, the candidate must fill out various sections of the application form, such as personal, academic, and contact information.
- Document uploading – When uploading scanned images of a photograph and signature, make sure they are in the correct format.
- Application Fee – The application fee for male candidates applying online is Rs. 450, and the fee for female candidates is Rs. 225.
- Application form submission – Simply ensure that the application form is complete in all respects before submitting it.
JEXPO Exam Application Fees 2023
Candidates who wish to give the JEXPO exam will have to pay an application fee of INR 450 which can be paid online through credit/debit card or net banking.
JEXPO Exam Admit Card 2023
The JEXPO 2023 admit card will be available on the official website, wbscte.org. Admit cards will not be mailed to candidates; instead, they must be downloaded from the official website, the process for which is listed below:
- Visit the official website at wbscte.org.
- Locate and click on the ‘Admit Card for JEXPO 2023’ link.
- The Applicant Login Form will appear.
- Sign in using your Login Id (Application Number) and Password (as given after Registration)
- After pressing the ‘Submit’ button that appears on the screen, download the admit card and print 2-3 copies of it.
How to Prepare for JEXPO Exam 2023
Candidates must prepare for the exam and have sound strategies in place if they want to perform better. Here are some preparation tips and books to help you prepare for the JEXPO exam.
Best Books to Prepare for JEXPO 2023
For the examination, candidates must be well-versed in the JEXPO 2023 syllabus. The best books for the JEXPO exam are listed below.
- Mathematics Text Book by Sourendranath De
- Physical Science Text Book by Bhuniya & Dhar NCERT Book
- JEXPO Practice Book by Santra Publication
- JEE Polytechnic by Subhas Dutta, Samar Bhattacharjee, and Prof S. Joha
JEXPO Exam Preparation Tips 2023
Candidates must plan ahead of time and have proper strategies in place for better results. Here are some of the preparation tips for the JEXPO exam that candidates should follow.
- Understand the Syllabus
- Refer to the Study Materials
- Practice More to Reach the Target
- Prepare Notes
- Do a quick Revision
- Have a positive attitude
- Attempt Mock Tests on a regular basis
JEXPO Previous Year Question Papers 2023
Candidates can use the resourcefulness of solving question papers to supplement their exam preparation. The links below will help you prepare for the test and stay ahead of the competition. As the exam paper pattern is available in two mediums, English and Bengali, JEXPO question papers in Bengali are also available in these two languages.
JEXPO Answer Key 2023
After the exam, the exam authorities will post the JEXPO answer key on the official website. The JEXPO answer key contains the correct answers to all of the exam questions. Applicants can calculate their estimated marks using the JEXPO answer key before the results are released.
JEXPO Exam Result 2023
The following are the step-by-step instructions for downloading JEXPO 2023 Results:
- Go to wbscte.org.
- Navigate to the “JEXPO 2023 Result” link.
- Fill in your login information- Password and Roll No.
- The total marks obtained in each subject will be displayed in the form of a JEXPO Scorecard.
- Download the Scorecard.
Selection Process for JEXPO Exam 2023
The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education will conduct a centralised Counselling process to determine admission. There will be three rounds in the selection/counselling process.
- The candidate must register for the admissions process.
- Log in using the enrolment number and password received during registration for JEXPO 2023.
- Apply by providing personal information.
- Select Institute and Branch giving preferences in the Choice Filling Section.
- There is no maximum number of options, and the auto-upgrade option can also be used to lock choices and print them.
- The exam is given by the candidates and the results are considered to call students for the next round.
- After the shortlisting candidates are called for the counselling process in the JEXPO 2023 Participating Colleges.
- Candidates will be assigned seats based on their locked choices.
JEXPO Exam Cut Off 2023
The JEXPO 2023 Cut Off is the minimum mark that candidates must achieve in order to qualify for the counselling process and gain admission to the colleges of their choice. The conducting body will release the JEXPO 2023 cut-off soon after the results are announced. Candidates can confirm this on the official website. They can also refer to the previous years’ cut-off. The JEXPO cut-off is determined by several factors, including the following.
- The number of candidates who took the exam.
- The number of qualified candidates who took the exam.
- Seating is available.
- The difficulty level of the paper.
- Trends from previous years.
Candidates seeking admission to West Bengal polytechnic colleges must apply for JEXPO 2023.
Candidates taking the JEXPO 2023 exam must have graduated from a government-recognized university with at least 35% of their class.
JEXPO stands for Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnics. It is organised at the state level by the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development (Technical Education Division). This is a Polytechnic admissions exam.
This was all about the JEXPO Exam 2023. In this blog, we have not only discussed the exam in detail but also provided tips so that candidates can set off on a journey to ace the exam. For more updates on the Indian Exam syllabus, preparation tips, etc follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.