Launched on 14 July 2023, India’s esteemed spacecraft, Chandrayaan 3 accomplished a triumphant touchdown on 23 August 2023. As the spacecraft commenced its unpredictable voyage, the global populace held its breath, eager to explore its unravelling narrative. Amidst this hustle and bustle, the question of who made Chandrayaan 3 emerges. Read on further to discover the geniuses.
The Visionaries Behind
The success of this exceptional event owes everything to the relentless efforts of a team of experts.
- At the top front is ISRO’s chief S Somnath who is also being globally recognized for his contribution to Gaganyaan and Sun-mission Aditya- L1.
- Assuming the role of Chandrayaan 3’s project director in 2019, P Veeramuthuvel played a crucial role in shaping the mission’s course.
- Kalpana K, the deputy project director for Chandrayaan-3, further adds an interesting layer to her involvement. Interestingly, she was also a part of Chandrayaan-2 and Mangalayaan missions.
- S Mohana Kumar who is a senior scientist hailing from Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre is the mission director.
- Nilesh M. Desai was given the responsibility of making the critical components of the spacecraft. On the other hand, S Unnikrishnan Nair is responsible for the key functions.
Yes, Chandrayaan 3 has been one of the biggest achievements for India. It managed to successfully soft land on Aug 23 2023.
Key individuals behind the renowned success of Chandrayaan 3 include ISRO Chairman S Somanath, VSSC Director S Unnikrishnan Nair, Director M Sankaran, and project Director P Veeramuthuvel.
India’s first Chandrayaan is known by the name Chandrayaan-1.
These brilliant minds, along with the expertise, dedication, and hard work of many others managed to add an exciting page to India’s space exploration journey. We hope you enjoyed reading “Who Made Chandrayaan 3”. If you want to read more such informative blogs on trending topics, then stay connected with Leverage Edu.