The full form of DLF is Delhi Land and Finance. DLF is a commercial real estate founded by Chaudhary Raghvendra Singh in 1946 and it is based in New Delhi, India. DLF designed residential colonies in posh localities such as South Delhi. DLF is also the developer of the greatest luxurious malls across Delhi including DLF Avenue in Saket and DLF Emporio in Vasant Kunj. If you wish to know more about DLF then continue reading.
History of DLF
DLF’s first residential project was in Krishna Nagar, East Delhi, which was finished in 1949. The company expanded its development across 21 colonies in Delhi, including Model Town, Rajouri Garden, Punjabi Bagh, South Extension, Greater Kailash, Kailash Colony and Hauz Khas.
Know all about MSc Real Estate here!
Projects of DLF
- Residential Flats and Apartments
- Commercial buildings
- IT Parks and SEZ (Special Group Zone)
- Bridges and Towers
- Residential Towers
- Shopping Malls and Retails Homes
Achievements of DLF
- DLF launched India’s first luxury mall in 2008
- In 2012, DLF created an 8.3 km motorway project in collaboration with the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA)
- In 2017, GIC Real Estate shook hands with DLF Cyber City Developers Ltd
- In 2018, DLF makes money by selling and renting out its projects
- In 2019, the country’s largest retail mall with approximately 2.5 million square feet, was planned to build by DLF and GIC joint venture
- In 2019, DLF was the first mall in the world to receive a LEED Platinum certification from the United States Green Building Council
- In 2020, the DLF issued non-convertible debentures and raised INR 1,000 crore (US$ 143.08 million)
- In 2021, the DLF appointed Mr Ashok Kumar Tyagi and Mr Devinder Singh, two full-time directors, as the company’s chief executive officers
- DLF’s total revenue for the first quarter of FY22 was INR 1,242.27 crores (US$ 166.61 million)
- In 2022, DLF received the NEERMAN Awards 2022 from the Indian Government’s Ministry of Power
- Kushal Pal Singh who is the sitting chairman of the company is the 19th richest man in India as reported by the Forbes’ ranking of India’s 100 rich people
You may also read
We hope this information helped you to understand the full form of DLF. For more information like this, you can check our page.