Real Estate plays a vital role in the world economy. Real Estate has become a competitive field due to the rise of the industry. The United States is among the top countries where Real Estate Agents earn the most and are in high demand. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment in the Real Estate industry such as the Real Estate brokers or sales agents is projected to grow 4% from 2020-to 2030. Hence, a degree in Real Estate can definitely help you lead in the field of real estate. An MSc in Real Estate prepares students to pursue a career in Real Estate through appropriate techniques and understanding. From top universities offering an MSc in Real Estate to career scope for students holding an MSc in Real Estate, this blog includes everything you need to know about an MSc in Real Estate.
This Blog Includes:
- Reasons to MSc in Real Estate
- MSc in Real Estate: Overview
- Top Universities offering MSc Real Estate
- Admission Requirements
- How to Apply for Admission?
- Documents Checklist
- Cost of Studying MSc in Real Estate
- Cost of Living
- Career Scope for MSc in Real Estate
Reasons to MSc in Real Estate
- It is a unique degree designed primarily for people working or wanting to work in the real estate sector around the globe.
- The course allows students to understand how the Real Estate works and develop an in-depth understanding of different techniques used in the field of Real Estate.
- It provides students with a variety of industrial skills required to to commence with a wide range of career options in the real estate industry worldwide.
- An MSc in Real Estate provides degree holders with a wide range of employment opportunities across the commercial, residential, private and public sectors. From national to international level, an MSc in Real Estate can also help you work around the world. The degree doesn’t limit you to the Real Estate sector but also allows you to find career opportunities in the insurance industry, property development, and banking. Self-employment is also a good option after an MSc in Real Estate.
- Top Universities offer an MSc in Real Estate or related courses to students from around the world. The universities have great industry links, hence the students are provided with the expertise of research-active and industry-minded teachers and professionals.
MSc in Real Estate: Overview
An MSc in Real Estate is offered at different universities in different countries, hence the program syllabus and duration will vary respectively. It can take around 1-2 years to complete the course either in full-time mode or part-time mode. The course will typically include Core Modules and Optional or Elective Modules for the respective semesters. Some courses may offer professional placements during the last semester of the course.
Top Universities offering MSc Real Estate
Listed below are some of the Top Universities offering an MSc in Real Estate
|University of Glasgow, United Kingdom||MSc Real Estate|
|University of Manchester, United Kingdom||MSc Real Estate Development|
|Kingston University London, United Kingdom||Real Estate MSc|
|Royal Agricultural University, United Kingdom||MSc Real Estate|
|Heriot-Watt University, United Kingdom||MSc Real Estate|
|City University of London, United Kingdom||Real Estate MSc|
|University College London, United Kingdom||International Real Estate and Planning MSc|
|London School of Economics, United Kingdom||MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance|
|New York University, United States||MS in Real Estate|
|American University, United States||MS in Real Estate|
|York University – Schulich School of Business, Canada||Masters in Real Estate and Infrastructure|
|Columbia University, United States||MSc in Real Estate Development|
|Cornell University, United States||Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate|
|Harvard University, United States||Master of Design Studies (Real Estate)|
|New York University, United States||MSc in Real Estate Development|
The first step to proceed with is to be aware of the eligibility requirements of the course, MSc in Real Estate in this case. The eligibility requirements will vary for different universities but a general eligibility criterion is mentioned below for your reference:
A first-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline such as social science, urban studies, law, management, economics, accounting and finance; or an equivalent professional qualification.
English Language Requirements
To pursue education abroad, you must first be able to meet the English Language Requirements set by the respective universities. The minimum English Language Tests score requirements to pursue an MSc in Real Estate in USA and the United Kingdom are as mentioned:
|UK||6.5 and above||90 and above|
Join Leverage Live to score High in English Language Tests such as IELTS, TOEFL & PTE
How to Apply for Admission?
To start with your admission process, you can check out the easy 5 step process as mentioned below:
- Call our Leverage Edu student counselors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist your courses with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder.
- The experts will then commence your application process at the respective university through our common dashboard platform where you can witness the status of your application process.
- The next step is to gather and compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL etc.
- After submitting your application and all the necessary documents, the experts will then start with the application process for accommodation, UK students visas, and scholarships/student loans.
- It’s now time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. After accepting your offer letter, it’s now time to pay your semester fees, get your visa approved, CAS-Letter.
Here is a quick checklist of all the important documents required for admission to pursue MSc in Real Estate at any of the above-mentioned universities as an international student:
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- TB Test Certificate- UK
- Financial Evidence
Cost of Studying MSc in Real Estate
The cost of studying MSc in Real Estate will depend upon your choice of university. The tuition fees for different universities are mentioned in the table below:
|University||Tuition Fees per annum|
|University of Glasgow, United Kingdom||£21,650
|University of Manchester, United Kingdom||£23,500
|New York University, United States||US$ 22,699
Cost of Living
The cost of living in the respective countries will depend upon your personal choices. However, the average amount of living in the United Kingdom can range from £12,000 to £15,000 (INR 12-15 Lakh) per annum while in the United States it can typically cost around US$ 10,000 to US$ 18,000 (INR 7-13 Lakh) per year. Check out Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator to assess your foreign expenses.
Career Scope for MSc in Real Estate
In the global economy, the Real Estate Industry plays a significant role. The real estate industry is considered one of the most vital sources of wealth and investment. Real Estate is a lucrative industry and is growing exponentially over the past few years, hence paving the way for highly-skilled professionals. The demand for professionals in the field of Real Estate is the reason why many universities around the world choose to provide specifically designed Master’s degrees in Real Estate, from an MSc in Real Estate to an MBA in Real Estate. There are a lot of benefits that come along the way after obtaining an MSc in Real Estate degree. You can go for a variety of career options after pursuing an MSc in Real Estate. Some of the top career options are as mentioned below
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst
- Real Estate Asset Manager
- Real Estate Business Development Manager
- Real Estate Financial Analyst
- Institutional Or Commercial Real Estate Manager
- Real Estate Investment Manager
The average salary for some of the above-mentioned career options are as mentioned below in the table:
|Job Profile||Average Salary per annum in USD|
|Real Estate Broker||$60,472
|Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst||$55,000
|Real Estate Asset Manager||$86,643
The application fee at New York University, United States is $150 (INR 11,451).
It will take 12 months, a year to complete the program in full-time mode at the University of Glasgow, United Kingdom.
The program starts in September 2022 at the University College London, United Kingdom.
Are you planning to study MSc in Real Estate abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today