The CFC full form is Chlorofluorocarbon. It is a harmless and non flammable compound made out of chlorine, fluorine, and carbon atoms. The CFC is used to create blowing agents for packaging materials and foam, solvents, aerosol sprays, and refrigerants, etc. CFC contains both carbon and halogen and are considered as halocarbons. A special numbering scheme used to identify CFC molecules individually. For example, 11 number specifies the amount of carbon, fluorine, chlorine atoms, hydrogen atoms. Moreover, Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) and chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) are among the fluorocarbons. The ozone layer, the protective layer is also crushed by the chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs),
Environmental Impacts of Hydrocarbons
The main reason for the destruction of the Earth’s atmosphere is the hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbons include both carbon and hydrogen. Together they create a greenhouse effect and result in climate change. Below are the environmental effects of Hydrocarbons.
- One of the major effects of hydrocarbons is the depletion of the ozone layer. The CFCs are man made substances that can impact the stratosphere. The upper atmosphere is responsible for protecting the Earth from UV-B ration and a decrease in the ozone concentration can result in more harmful UV-B to reach the surface.
- Causes health hazards like skin cancers, and cataracts, damages immune system, plantlife, and increases smog.
- Can impact climate change: CFC full form is Chlorofluorocarbon. They are responsible for trapping heat in the lower atmosphere. It results in the planet to warm and the temperature to shift. In fact, CFCs are greenhouse gasses
- Results in Hydrocarbon damage from oil: Massive oil spills can harm human health and the environment.
Health Consequences of CFCs
The main health consequences of CFCs are listed below:
- CFCs can impact the central nervous system of humans. Moreover, it can cause cardiac rhythm problems. Therefore it can lead to death.
- CFCs can cause immune system deficiency, and can result in skin cancer.
This was all about the CFC Full Form. Visit our Full Form Page to discover more intriguing articles about full forms. You can also get a consolidated list of 300+ full forms here! Get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu in order to kickstart your study abroad journey!