In recent years, the importance of an MBA degree has increased significantly in India due to the country’s rapid economic growth and globalization. MBA is also a commonly opted study program for students who are looking forward to studying aboard. Master in Business Administration (MBA) is a highly sought-after course in India and around the world. It is considered one of the most prestigious degrees that can elevate one’s career prospects to new heights by providing learners with a comprehensive understanding of various functional areas of business such as marketing, finance, operations, and human resources management. In Today’s blog, we will look into some of the mba colleges without entrance exams.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBA?
- Traditional Entrance Exams for MBA in India
- How to Get Direct Admission to an MBA College Without an Entrance Exam?
- List of Top 5 MBA Colleges Without Entrance Exam in India
- List of Other Colleges Without Entrance Exam
- Documents Required
- Application Process
Why Study MBA?
Here are some of the key benefits of pursuing an MBA:
- This study program will provide you with a broad understanding of fundamental business concepts and principles.
- You can easily develop analytical skills that can be applied in actual business situations.
- You can get a competitive edge over other candidates when applying for high-paying jobs
- You can also get a global exposure opportunity by dealing with international clients
- Once you gather enough experience the probability of getting promoted to a senior position is high as most companies prefer MBA candidates for Senior Management posts
Read all about Masters in Business Management here!
Traditional Entrance Exams for MBA in India
Most Indian colleges offering an MBA require applicants to take a standardized entrance exam such as CAT (Common Admission Test), XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test), or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). These exams test applicants’ aptitude for business studies by evaluating their quantitative ability, verbal reasoning skills, and overall analytical ability. However, these exams can be challenging for some students due to their high level of competition and difficulty level.
How to Get Direct Admission to an MBA College Without an Entrance Exam?
Here are some ways by which you can get direct admission to MBA colleges without an entrance exam:
- Take admission under management quota as some of the major colleges have 15% of the seats reserved, which can also help to lower the fees
- Positions under the management quota are filled in accordance with the suggestions of the institute’s higher management and administrative authority
- By publishing an advertisement on the institute’s website or in the press, the Principal or Director of the applicable unaided management institute may accept applicants for admission.
- Candidates can also check information about MBA Management Quota Admission on the college’s official website
- Submitting your MAT, and CMAT scores to multiple colleges can eventually increase your probability of getting admission to MBA colleges without an entrance exam
List of Top 5 MBA Colleges Without Entrance Exam in India
Here is a list of the Top 5 MBA colleges in India that offer without any entrance exam:
Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
The Indian School of Business (ISB) is one of the most renowned business schools in India and has been consistently ranked among the best B-schools globally. The school offers several postgraduate programs like the Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM), the Post Graduate Program for Senior Executives (PGPMAX), etc., which cater to different levels of experience. The average fee here is INR 30 Lakh.
S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) is another prestigious management institute located in Mumbai that offers admission without any entrance exam based on applicants’ profiles. The institute’s flagship program is its two-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma In Management (PGDM). The average fee here is INR 22 Lakh
Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
The Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon is one of the oldest and most respected Bussines schools in India. The institute offers a two-year full-time PGDM program that focuses on developing critical thinking, creativity, and innovative problem-solving capabilities in students. The average tuition fee for MBA here is INR 24 Lakh.
Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB), Bhubaneswar
The Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB) is a top-ranked management school located in Bhubaneswar that offers admission without any entrance exam based on students’ profiles. The institute’s flagship program is the two-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma In Management (PGDM). The average tuition fee here is INR 17 Lakh.
Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
The Great Lakes Institute of Management located in Chennai has emerged as one of the most popular business schools among MBA aspirants. The institute offers several postgraduate programs but to get an admission without entrance exam for an MBA course students also need to qualify for the institution’s evaluation round comprising profile evaluation and personal interaction rounds. The average tuition fee for MBA here is INR 11 Lakh.
Read about MBA After BSc here!
List of Other Colleges Without Entrance Exam
Here are some other colleges that allow direct admission without an entrance exam for MBA programs:
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Anna University, Chennai
- KCC Institute of Management, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Here are the basic eligibility criteria that you need to meet for taking direct admission:
- You need to have an aggregated score of 45% in your undergraduate degree. (40% for candidates who fall into ST, SC, and PWD categories)
- For some colleges, it is also required to have prior work experience.
- You also need to submit GMAT/ GRE scores along with your application.
- You will have higher chances if you have relevant knowledge about finance, business management, etc.
- You need to go through some assessments like personal essay writing, group discussion, or personal interview to be eligible for a direct admission
Here are some important documents which you will need while filling out application forms for MBA colleges without an entrance exam:
- Undergraduate Provisional Marksheet
- 10th Passing Certificate
- 10+2 Passing Certificate
- Proof of Identity such as an Aadhaar Card or Driving License
- Copies of Passport Size Photographs
- Birth Certificate
The application process is as simple as differentiating water and oil in the same glass, just follow this guide:
- Research and find the best suitable University for yourself or select a University from the above list for direct admission
- Head over to the official page of the University and click on “Apply Online” to get the joining application
- Fill out the application with the relevant and appropriate information as required otherwise your application may get rejected
- Keep the important document handy as you need to attach those to your application form
- Kindly note, some colleges may charge a fee to submit the application which is very nomination by non-refundable
- After filling out the form submit it and wait for the offer from the college where you may also go through assessments that we have mentioned earlier like personal essay writing, group discussion, or personal interview
A. This simply means that MBA colleges have some seats under the management quota which are reserved or filled under the direction of the institute’s administration or higher management.
A. Absolutely not, there is no difference in the quality of education between direct MBA and normal MBA and all the candidates are treated equally.
This was everything related to MBA colleges without entrance exams in India. If you wish to learn more about other emerging career options out there in India and for more amazing blogs you can always stay updated by following Leverage Edu Blogs. You can also follow and connect with us through our socials like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.