What nations first spring to mind when we ask where you would want to study abroad? You would undoubtedly say the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, or another well-known international schooling destination. Right! However, are you familiar with some unusual locations, such as Latvia? Perhaps you haven’t heard much about it, but it is a nation in northeastern Europe that shares borders with Belarus, Estonia, Russia, and Lithuania. Find out why you should think about it studying abroad and how you can get admitted to the universities in Latvia without taking the IELTS test.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Latvia?
Here are some reasons why you should consider studying in Latvia;
- Education System
European degrees are highly respected and recognized worldwide. The best aspect of Latvia’s educational system is that it provides a large selection of courses in English, which naturally draws students to choose this nation as their foreign study destination. Some colleges, which get government funding, also offer financial aid to the students. Some of the famous universities in Latvia that offer a variety of courses are:
- University of Latvia
- Riga Technical University
- Art Academy of Latvia
- University of Daugavpils
- Turiba University
As Latvian families frequently spend a lot of time together and because many urban families possess country homes where they vacation, Latvia is well known for its culture and traditions. Elderly individuals frequently reside with their relatives. It is also famous for its cuisine and nature walks.
- Mesmerizing Architecture
Along with having excellent education, Latvia also has some of the best architecture in the world, which students may see on their weekends. Latvia has many scenic attractions, including beaches, woods, and beautiful landscapes. For students who are interested in adventurous activities, there are numerous options. Moreover, you may not be aware of this, but Riga is home to the most Art Nouveau structures of any European nation.
A degree within your budget is not an obstacle in Latvia. When compared to other European countries, the cost of living and tuition are both incredibly manageable and extremely economical.
- No Scores are required
Contrary to many other nations, Latvian universities accept applications with a minimum GPA of 50%, gaps in academic performance, and even proficiency tests. Yes, you read that correctly.
The next section down will go into more detail on how you can study in Latvia without IELTS.
Study in Latvia without IELTS
For all of the students out there who want to study abroad and have Latvia on their wish list, this is undoubtedly wonderful news. If you meet the requirements listed below, you can study in Latvia without having taken the IELTS test:
- You are an English-speaking nation’s native speaker;
- Your previous college degree was earned from an English-medium school; Students are required to submit a legal declaration or certificate proving that their prior education was in English;
- Candidates who don’t have a test score that is internationally recognised will be given an opportunity to choose English classes at the institution in Latvia.
- Several universities conduct Skype interviews or online tests for applicants. Once your profile has been chosen, you must appear for an interview on the date and time specified by the university. The interview’s major goals are to determine your eligibility for admission to universities and to gauge your understanding of spoken English. This is your one and only opportunity to do your best in order to be accepted into a Latvian university without IELTS.
If you don’t want to take the IELTS, there are a few additional examinations you might try instead.
- TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
- FCE (First Certificate in English)
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English)
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- Cambridge English Linguaskill
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC Vantage)
Must Read: Top Universities in Latvia
List of Universities in Latvia
In terms of higher education in Europe, Latvia is regarded as a hidden treasure. This Baltic country is renowned for its magnificent natural beauty and rich cultural past. Universities in Latvia are renowned for their astounding discoveries. Here’s the list of some of the top universities;
|Name of the University||QS World Ranking 2023|
|University of Latvia||1001-1200|
|Riga Technical University||751-800|
|Riga Stradins University||801-1000|
|University of Liepaja||–|
|Ventspils University College||–|
List of Universities in Latvia Offering Admission Without IELTS
Here is good news for students who want to study in Latvia. Some universities will even accept applications without IELTS scores;
- University of Liepaja
- Ventspils University College
- Daugavpils University
- University of Latvia
- Riga Technical University
- Riga Stradins University
The application process begins months in advance of the program’s opening date and takes a quite good amount of time. Call our Leverage Edu professionals at 1800 572 000 to learn more about admission intakes, and processes and to expedite your application. Here is a simple path you can follow to fulfil your goal of studying abroad and being accepted to universities in Latvia.:
- Get in touch with our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist top colleges and programs. Apply to various colleges by starting your application through our single dashboard.
- Gather all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Accept the offer letter and connect digitally with your professors, classmates, and housemates.
- Get your visa approved and depart for the college of your dreams
Must Read: Europe Work Visa
Ans: The University of Liepaja, The University of Latvia, and Ventspils University College are some of the universities that accept applicants without IELTS scores.
Ans- The typical annual study cost for international students is between 1,550 and 15,000 EUR. (INR 1.25 Lacs to 12.16 Lacs) However, one can expect relatively higher fees for some executive programs, especially in private universities.
Ans- The University of Latvia has an overall rating of 4.2 stars and is placed 601 in the world in Times Higher Education’s rankings of universities. In Latvia, students pick up some of the best skills and knowledge.
Choosing the ideal destination to pursue your higher education abroad is undoubtedly a challenging task. Months of planning and professional help are needed for everything from narrowing down universities to choosing a course that fits your budget. To start achieving your goals and simplify the admissions process, get in touch with the Leverage Edu team of specialists right away. Additionally, students who are considering applying to universities abroad without having an IELTS score can assist with our guidance!