Executive FPM is a doctorate programme in management at the executive level. It is designed for corporate leaders, managers, faculty members, and academicians who have a research-oriented attitude. The Indian School of Business (ISB) has announced the launch of an Executive Fellow Programme in Management (ISB EFPM), which is aimed at top business leaders interested in doing research. If you wish to take your knowledge of management to the next level, you must learn about the ISB Executive Fellow Programme in Management (ISB EFPM).
|Course||ISB Executive Fellow Programme in Management (ISB EFPM)|
|Course Duration||1 year|
|Type of Course||Post-graduation|
|Fees||INR 47,60,000 (for 1 year)|
This Blog Includes:
- About ISB Executive Fellow Programme in Management (ISB EFPM)
- Programme Overview
- Stages of Progression
- ISB EFPM Curriculum
- Research Mentorship
- Learning Outcomes
- Application Fee
- Fee Structure & Financing
- Alumni Fund Contribution
- How To Apply?
About ISB Executive Fellow Programme in Management (ISB EFPM)
The ISB Executive Fellow Program (ISB EFPM) is a doctoral-level executive programme that will provide a portfolio of skills for professionals and faculty without a doctoral degree who want to improve their understanding of business theory, combine innovative business theory and practice, and learn to solve complex business problems using cutting-edge research methodology.
The Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) comprises both academic and practical research methods training. It’s a three-year cohort programme with 15 taught courses, an initial research project, and a final dissertation that covers 15 three-day residencies.
Courses in this Executive Doctoral level programme will be delivered in an executive style to meet the demands of full-time corporate executives and teachers. Students take face-to-face lectures and work on their dissertation research topic with faculty members who are experts in their disciplines.
Stages of Progression
The program’s initial concentration will be on essential business courses. As students continue through the programme, the focus will change to research methodology courses, writing, and teaching methodology courses, and projects that address current business challenges. The programme will conclude with a dissertation on a complex, cross-functional business challenge of strategic importance to a firm or non-profit organisation.
At each step, there will be assessments that the participants must pass:
|Year 1||Complete foundation courses, core courses, and research methodology courses|
|Year 2||1. Receive training in research writing and instructional techniques
2. Submit a research proposal
3. Take the EFPM comprehensive examination
4. Identify the dissertation chairman and members of the dissertation committee
5. Choose a dissertation topic, conduct preliminary research on it, and write a dissertation proposal
6. By the conclusion of the second year, submit the dissertation proposal to the dissertation committee for approval
|Year 3||Doctoral Dissertation Research|
ISB EFPM Curriculum
The Executive DBA equivalent programme offers a curriculum that consists of three key components
(1): Understand the current status of ideas and information
(2): Key Business Courses Courses in Research Methodology – Help in the development of research skills and knowledge
(3): Other courses and dissertation – Individual research project supervised by a professor.
|Key Business Course||Research Methodology Courses||Other Courses|
Philosophy of Science
Qualitative Research & Survey Methods
Introductory Research Project
|Doctoral Academic Writing I
Doctoral Academic Writing II
The Executive Fellow Program in Management includes research as a requirement (ISB EFPM). Faculty will play a significant role in their students’ lives as mentors. They will give students with hands-on assistance and will assist them in developing their research abilities. Mentoring is designed to assist students in completing their research projects, adjusting to academic life, and eventually completing a successful dissertation.
Mentoring activities include, but are not limited to:
- Give students in the Executive FPM programme advice on how to do research.
- Assisting students in locating exciting research ideas for their dissertations.
- Providing feedback on a student’s upcoming research paper.
- Reading and providing feedback on student versions of working papers.
- Provide feedback on the student’s research progress.
This doctorate-level program’s goal is to give a solid theoretical grasp of research techniques in order to address complicated business problems. This executive-level programme has a broad breadth, spanning several business disciplines to tackle business challenges faced by top executives. The executive FPM focuses on equipping students with the information, skills, best practices, and tools they need to solve the complex business challenges they face in today’s corporate world.
An Executive FPM candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 8 years of professional experience is required
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree in business administration or a business-related master’s degree is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Interest in applied research and bridging the gap between theory and practice
|Regular Application||February 28, 2021||₹ 5,000|
|Late Application||May 31, 2021||₹ 10,000|
- To apply to the Executive FPM programme, you must pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Only credit card payments are accepted online.
- Taxes are included in the application cost.
Fee Structure & Financing
For the academic year beginning in 2021, the ISB EFPM fee is INR 47,00,000 plus taxes. It covers the cost of entrance, tuition, boarding, and housing for the residency.
In order to ensure a spot in the class, accepted students must pay a non-refundable entrance fee.
|*Admission Fee (Non-refundable)||2,00,000|
|*Alumni Fund Contribution||25,000|
|*Lifetime use of Recreation centre and Library||15,000|
|Security Deposit (Caution Money -Refundable)||20,000|
*Taxes will be levied as legally required and are subject to change.
The entry fee is non-refundable and must be paid when the offer is accepted. Tuition can be paid in one lump sum or in three equal payments.
Alumni Fund Contribution
By July 31, 2021, all programme participants must pay an INR 25,000 alumni membership fee plus GST. For those who successfully complete the programme, the alumni membership is non-refundable. Participants who do not complete the programme owing to withdrawal or inability to pass the exams will get a full refund of this cost.
Lifetime Use of Recreation Facilities and Library
A one-time charge of INR 15,000 + GST is required to utilise the ISB Recreation Centre for the rest of your life. This charge is applicable to ISB students enrolled in all degree-equivalent programmes.
In addition to the programme cost, a refundable security deposit of INR 20,000 is required. After any School dues have been deducted, this money is refundable.
The following are additional expenses that a student might anticipate incurring (not included in the programme fee).
They will be incurred in the following areas:
- Travel to the ISB Mohali or Hyderabad campuses
- ISB recommends the purchase of computers and other technological devices
- Minibar, laundry, drinks, lunches off-campus, and other incidental expenditures
How To Apply?
The application period for the Class of 2021 has ended. The next admission round for the Class of 2022 will begin on December 1, 2021. Once the admission cycle is open, you can begin your application by clicking on the “Apply Now”.
Only online applications are accepted by the programme office. The form can be filled out in many sessions. Before submitting the completed application, applicants can save and review the information.
The following items must be included in a full application:
- A copy of your passport that has been scanned
- Recent colored photograph
- Certificates and transcripts for bachelor’s degrees (for all semesters and years)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of income
- The cost of the application (To be paid as per the guidelines in the online form)
- All applicants must provide two letters of recommendation attesting to their ability to be a successful, active, and involved participant in the Executive DBA equivalent programme. Your academic or professional qualifications should be familiar to the recommender
This was all about the ISB Executive Fellow Programme in Management (ISB EFPM). If you are interested in applying for this programme, connect with us today. We will help you through your entire application process and ensure that you get admission to the top business school in India. So, what are you waiting for? Book your FREE session now at Leverage Edu or call us at 1800 57 2000.