A supply chain analyst is a person who analyzes data and methods to predict as well as improve a company’s delivery of both the products and services to its customers. An organization’s supply chain needs to run smoothly and also efficiently to ensure a profit, therefore, making the supply chain analyst an essential role.
This Blog Includes:
What does a Supply Chain Analyst do?
The roles and responsibilities are very crucial to the organization. Thus, a supply chain analyst –
- Gathers and analyzes the data related to the demand, cost, productivity, transportation, etc.
- Plans & implements supply chain optimization projects.
- Keeps a record of all the research activities related to supply chain operations.
- Collaborates with IT professionals, members, and other people in order to implement effective systems.
- Provides suggestions to managers that can help in improving supply chain activities.
- Discovers the suitable and best mode along with timing for transportation.
A candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should have earned a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management from a reputed institution.
- Candidates should have work experience of at least 1-2 years.
- Candidates should have experience in improving the supply chain process.
- Candidates should have proper knowledge about supply chain management.
- Candidates should know how to use basic tools like MS Office, ERP systems, and relational databases.
The set of skills are listed below :
- Project Management
- Cost Accounting Skills
- Business Ethics
- Communication and soft skills
- Time management
Various courses that one can pursue are :
- B.Com in Supply Chain Management
- BBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- BBA in Business Analytics
Well, if you’re thinking of becoming a supply chain analyst and confused about what college you should go to, then don’t worry because we have got your back! Some of the top colleges are given below:
- Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Securities Markets, Navi Mumbai
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
- MICA, Ahmedabad
- Vidyasagar University, Midnapore
They can work in various sectors such as administration & IT, road transport & haulage, shipping companies, freight & transportation companies, inventory control units, etc. Some of the top companies that recruit are :
- Adani Logistics Company
- TCI Express Ltd.
- Mahindra Logistics Ltd.
- Transportation Corporation of India Ltd.
- Future Supply Chain Solutions Ltd.
- Gateway Distriparks Limited
- VRL Logistics Ltd.
- Aegis Logistics Ltd.
Supply Chain Analyst Salary
In the beginning, they can earn up to INR 2,50,000 per year on average. The salary depends on the employer, job requirements, industry, qualifications, and also the economy of the region. In the initial stage of their career, they can earn up to 4-5 Lacs.
Career After Becoming a Supply Chain Analyst
Some of the top careers after supply chain analyst are:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Business Analyst
- Purchasing Manager
- Senior Supply Chain Analyst
- Project Manager
- Finance Analyst
- Senior Buyer
- Procurement Agent
- Data Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Supply Chain Planner
- Senior Finance Analyst
- Supply Chain Consultant
- Supply Chain Specialist
- Program Manager
First, you can earn a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or any other related field (eg: finance).
You can work as a planner, buyer, consultant, specialist, manager, etc.
Well, the average salary can vary from INR 2-10 Lacs per annum depending on the experience, job position, and sector he/she is working in.
If you’re thinking of becoming a supply chain analyst and need help with the admission process then contact our leverage edu experts today. Our experts are here to guide you and help you get into your dream university. Leverage Finance can help you sort your finances and costs!