The PTE Academic Exam is one of the most recognised and globally accepted English proficiency tests. PTE stands for Pearson Test of English and is conducted by the Pearson PLC Group throughout the year. The exam centres span 50 countries with more than 250 test centres. The PTE is often used by candidates to study or move abroad owing to its global acceptance and recognition.
|Examination||PTE Academic Examination|
|Exam Type||English Proficiency Test|
|Test Duration||2 hours|
|Conducting body||Pearson PLC Group|
Why PTE Academic Exam?
Traveling to a foreign country for academics or work is a huge pressure in itself. The student is often burdened with not only their own expectations but also expectations from their family. Further, every student or professional needs to adapt to not only a new environment and weather but also a new culture. In order to survive in this new life, there is automatically an unparalleled need to communicate and put thoughts across to the people in this new country in the native language. This is where English proficiency tests such as the PTE come into the picture.
The PTE Academic Exam is especially focused on training and testing candidates in the following skills while also helping ascertain their understanding of the English language:
Advantages of the PTE Academic Exam
The rapid growth of the popularity of the PTE Academic examination among students aspiring to study or settle abroad can be owed to these advantages that are noted below:
- Single-day test: The PTE Academic Exam is completed in a single day within 3 hours. Unlike other examinations, the speaking section for the PTE Academic exam is not scheduled on a different day but on the same day.
- Less Questions, More Convenient: The questions are now reduced from 70-82 to 52-64, making it less stressful for the test-takers. The optional 10-minute break has also been removed to avoid spending more time on the test.
- 100% AI evaluation: The PTE Academic Exam is completely online unlike the other English proficiency tests. This allows for zero human interference and thus is transparent.
- Quick availability of results: The results of the PTE Academic examination are available within 5 business days. This is a very prominent advantage keeping in mind that the candidates who could not do well in the examination in the first go can reappear knowing the results within a small period.
- Global acceptance: Many a time, certain examinations are accepted in certain universities only. However, unlike other English proficiency tests, the PTE has a widespread acceptance almost all across the globe,
- Regular availability of exam dates: The PTE examination around is available throughout the year thus giving candidates greater flexibility and opportunity to take the exam.
- Globally present test centres: The best part about the conducting body of this examination is that Pearson PLC Group has set up test centres for the PTE Academic examination throughout the globe spanning 50 countries. There are 250 test centres in these 50 countries.
- Painless Writing section: PTE Academic examination does not require candidates to rely on great handwriting since the exam is computer-based.
- Free sharing of score reports: Candidates can share their score card to as many universities as they want without any charges.
Also Read: Why Choose the PTE Exam
With all these advantages, the PTE Academic examination is very intelligently built to allow candidates to present their growth and not be hindered by any disability. This has allowed the examination to have great support from all the universities around the globe and also receive glowing recommendations from students.
The fee to take the PTE exam is INR 15,900.
Yes. There are multiple universities in Canada that accept PTE scores. However, candidates are encouraged to check the requirements of their preferred universities beforehand.
Yes. Candidates can take the PTE exam from the convenience of their homes. The test content, format and scoring will be the same as a PTE taken in a test center.
In this blog we have discussed how PTE Academic exam is rapidly becoming the most preferred English test for students wishing to study abroad or residents planning to move abroad. However, any candidate taking the exam must ensure and check beforehand that the university or the country they are applying to for studying or migration accepts PTE scores.
English language certifications are instrumental in securing admission to leading universities with high scores increasing your chances of admission. Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers to get closer to a spot in your dream college. For any help with your PTE preparation or study abroad journey, you can reach out to us at 1800-572-000.