The PTE Exam is a desktop English language examination approved by educational establishments across the globe. It is important to know about the PTE Registration to take up this test. In order to show their English language competence, learners and aspirants who wish to go abroad for studies or obtain citizenship in a significant English-speaking country are expected to take the PTE Academic Test. In this blog, we will elaborate on the PTE Registration process.
|PTE full form||Pearson Test of English|
|Conducting Body||Pearson PLC Group|
|Widely popular as||English language proficiency test|
|Generally accepted by||Universities in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand|
|Types of exam||PTE Academic and PTE Academic UKVI|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|PTE Fee||INR 15,900|
|Skills Tested||English Speaking, Writing, Listening and Reading|
This Blog Includes:
About PTE Examination
For non-English speakers who choose to study overseas, PTE Academic is a desktop English language exam. It is the candidates’ test of English as a foreign language as well as the understanding, writing, listening and speaking ability of the candidates. The curriculum is structured in such a way that each and every question usually measures two skills simultaneously. This blog shall be telling more about registration, acceptance rate, the value of this exam, eligibility criteria, steps to register, syllabus for the exam, results and scoring of the exam.
These are the highlighting points of the PTE Examination for your PTE Registration:
- The computer-based, two-hour PTE Exam concentrates on day-to-day English rather than elevated English and tests the ability of a candidate to fully understand the language.
- The multi-level rating system of the PTE Exam guarantees that the graduate’s English language competence is better understood.
- There are several variables in the PTE Exam that vary between PTE Academic and other Standardized English exams.
- The ranking pattern and the outcomes of the PTE Exam are the first and greatest defining characteristics of the same.
- The PTE outcomes and ratings are declared even earlier, usually in 2 business days, since the assessments are fully automated.
- For students who are in a big hurry for applications, this makes it a great choice.
Must Read: PTE Exam: Everything You Need To Know
PTE 2023: Steps To Register
It is very important to have registered properly for prestigious exams like the PTE Registration. These are the Steps for PTE Registration give below:
Step 1 – Check out the official home page of PTE Academic for your PTE Registration. This can be done by visiting their website. By providing your private information, build your Pearson account for the PTE Exam. It can be done by following the instructions written on the form for your PTE Registration.
Step 2 – After the verification is done, you shall receive login credentials for PTE Registration. The very next move is to look for your local test centre.
Step 3 – Choose a convenient location and time as well for the PTE Exam.
Step 4 – You will be asked to progress to the checkout page after choosing all your information, such as time, date, and slot.
Step 5 – Then pay the fees to finalize your reservation for the PTE Exam.
Other Methods of Registration
In addition to the popular online registration method, candidates can also register for the PTE exam by phone. To register for the PTE Exam, Indian students should call the PTE Academic testing body at 00080 0440 2020. (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. local time; closed on local holidays.)
Also Read: IELTS VS PTE – Learn about All the Differences
PTE Acceptance Relevance
Mentioned below are the details of the PTE exam by institutes that have a PTE registration.
- Hundreds of educational institutes have approved the PTE Academic test and asked to take PTE Registration.
- Apart from this, PTE Academic is also approved for visa applications by the governments of Australia and New Zealand.
- In order to show their English language performance, those who wish to go abroad to study in a big English-speaking country such as the UK, Australia, USA, or Canada undertake the PTE Academic test.
The eligibility criteria for the PTE Exam are mentioned below. Have a look:
- As such, the Pearson PLC Group, the implementing authority of the PTE Academic exam and the PTE Registration, does not set precise standards.
- However, as per the PTE Academic inclusion criteria, at the time of applying for the exam, applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must also have parental written consent to qualify for the PTE Academic exam during the PTE Registration.
- The applicant must be at least 16 years of age in order to take the PTE Academic test.
- Before taking the exam, applicants under the age of 18 need to take a parental consent form signed either by parents or relatives.
- Candidates should obtain the consent form from the PTE Academic Exam’s official website.
- The Pearson PLC Group, the PTE Academic Exam conducting body, has not defined any competency standards for candidates wishing to qualify for the PTE Academic examination.
Different countries have different documentation requirements. Candidates must have a passport to register for the PTE exam in India. Furthermore, any mismatch in the spelling of the candidate’s name in the application form and the passport can result in the cancellation of the entire application. As a result, the candidates must exercise extreme caution.
Must Read: PTE – An Exam That Takes You To Places
PTE 2023: Exam Dates
The PTE exam is given at designated PTE test centres across the country throughout the year. PTE exam dates in 2023 – 2024 may differ from centre to centre. Students must use the Pearson PTE Academic website to find available seats. Simply choose the nearest test centres and proceed. The website would direct you to a calendar of available dates.
PTE Registration Fees
The following are the PTE exam fees for candidates in India: The standard test fee is INR 15,900. When paying the PTE test registration fees, it is necessary to obtain proper payment methods. PTE accepts the following strict payment methods:
- In India, both credit and debit cards can be used to pay the PTE exam fee.
- Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are the credit and debit cards accepted.
Syllabus For The Exam
The PTE exam syllabus is elaborate and you must know it in order to perform well. It is mentioned below:
- There are three sections of the PTE Academic Syllabus for PTE Registration – Speaking & Writing, Hearing, and Listening.
- Question forms for the Speaking and Writing Sections will include a personal introduction; reading aloud; repeated phrases; explaining images; re-telling lecture; brief questions and summarising the text.
- Question styles for the Reading Segment would involve filling in the blanks, multiple-choice queries, and re-order paragraphs.
- Question types would concentrate on summarising spoken text for the Listening Section in the PTE Registration: multiple-choice questions; filling in the blanks; highlighting the right summary; writing from dictation; highlighting inaccurate phrases; and selecting missed terms.
Must Read: PTE Exam Pattern
Results And Scoring
It is also important to know about how marks are scored and the results declared for the PTE exam. The PTE registration plays an important role here.
- PTE Academic Reports are normally accessible online within two business days of the date of the exam.
- The PTE Registration is published online. And it can be downloaded from your account setup at PTE Academic.
- Next, you will get an email with guidance on collecting the required data electronically within five working days. After that, to log in to your Pearson account, you need to obey the directions.
- Via your Pearson page, you will share your observations with the colleges and universities of your choosing.
- The score indicates the capacity of the individual to read, speak, comprehend verbal orders and write the English language, measured on the scale.
- The findings are displayed in a table, providing an easy understanding of the key skills of the individual in the vocabulary as well as areas of development.
PTE Exam Preparation Tips 2023
Many PTE test takers are perplexed about the direction of their PTE preparation plan. No need to be concerned. For candidates looking to ace their PTE exam, we have created a personalised top 10 PTE exam preparation guide. Check out the following top ten PTE exam preparation tools:
- Prepare ahead of time
- Understand what you’re getting yourself into.
- Take a lot of practice exams.
- Begin learning vocabulary.
- Concentrate on your topic.
- Don’t dismiss the other topics.
- Make use of high-quality materials.
- Understand question types
- Maintain an error log.
- Prepare to take the exam twice.
Candidates must go to the official website and create a profile before proceeding with the registration process. The official website for the PTE Academic exam has already been mentioned. Registration is open throughout the year.
The PTE exam format consists of 20 different question types that assess candidates’ Speaking & Writing Skills (54 – 67 minutes), Reading skills (29 – 30 minutes), and Listening skills (30 – 43 minutes).
All you need to bring with you are your ID proof, such as your passport, and your admit card. When you go to take the exam, you must first show your ID, check in with the Test Administrator, then sign your digital signature, have your digital photograph taken, and finally scan your palm.
Therefore we come to the end of our blog. This was all about how to make PTE Registration. If you have any queries or doubts related to the application process, then reach out to Leverage Edu experts. Sign up for a free session today at Leverage Live at 1800 57 2000.