A sports enthusiast with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in sports management can opt for a certificate in sports management. Certificate courses in sports management are available online through ed-tech companies or through colleges and universities directly. These are short-term online courses spanning from a few hours to months. Some exceptional courses can extend up to 12 months. These courses enhance the skill set of people working in sports management. Skills acquired during the course tenure help working employees increase their salary.
This Blog Includes:
Top Universities for Certificate in Sports Management Courses
Certain colleges and universities abroad offer sports management course certificates for working professionals and undergraduate and postgraduate students in this domain. Enrollment in the below-mentioned online and offline courses will help individuals hone their skills.
|QS World University Rankings
|Exercise Teachers Academy, Cape Town
|Certificate in Sports Management
|The University of Colorado Boulder
|Certificate in Business of the Sports
|The University of California, Irvine
|Certificate in Esports Management
|The Open University, UK
|Certificate of Higher Education in Sports, Fitness and Management
|California Institute of Pennsylvania, US
|Certificate in Sports Management
Also Read: Life Lessons We Can Learn From Sports
Online Certificate in Sports Management Courses
Professionals working in the sports management domain can learn about novel methodologies and appropriate new techniques with online courses offered by online learning platforms like Coursera and Udemy. Certification programmes on these platforms can be completed in a few hours or a few days.
This table includes sports management course certificates provided by online education platforms. This table also displays the course duration and fee for the same.
|Approximate Enrollment Fee
|Intermittent Fasting Diet: Full Nutrition Certification
|Sports Leadership and Management
|Science of Exercise
|Player Evaluation, Team Performance and Roster Management
|Becoming a Sports Agent
|Data Analytics in Sports Law and Team Management
|International Entertainment and Sports Marketing
|Collegiate Esports and Career Planning
|Esports Management Capstone Project
|Game Developers and Esports Organizations
Also Read: Strength and Conditioning Courses
Candidates aspiring to pursue certification in sports management courses must meet the following eligibility criteria to secure admission to these programmes:
- Applicant must have completed an undergraduate programme or a postgraduate course from an accredited institution. Undergraduate programmes can be either sports-related or any other academic discipline. Postgraduate programmes must be in sports discipline.
- People working as fitness trainers or sports managers can also apply for different types of certificate courses.
- Students willing to pursue this course in foreign universities must have valid passports and proof of finance, as mandated by the country and the university.
The admission procedure for offline and online certification courses in sports management courses is non-uniform. Additionally, there is a variation in the enrollment process of online education platforms and colleges.
Some of the basic guidelines for enrolment in both these courses are given below.
- Online Certificate Course: Interested students and working professionals must visit the official website of the course providers and opt for the course/s of their liking.
- Offline Certificate Course: Candidates must visit fill out the official website of colleges or universities and fill out the application form for the interested course. For foreign universities, students must take the required English proficiency test and provide the mandatory documents.
- Candidates must have cleared the Class 12 board or an equivalent examination from accredited senior secondary education boards. However, some online courses exempt students from this requirement as well.
Also Read: How to Become a Fitness Trainer?
Certification courses in sports management help students to learn the use of the latest technologies, analyse data and use state-of-the-art methodologies in the sports management business. Sports management professionals or bachelor’s and master’s degree holders in this domain can therefore improve their job profiles or get a salary hike.
Here is the list of professionals who can opt for certification courses in sports management.
|Estimated Average Salary Range
|Sports Marketing Manager
|Design and execute promotion campaigns for players, teams, and sporting events.
|INR 5 lakh to INR 8 lakh per annum
|Organisation and managed sports tournaments and events. Development schedule of players/athletes and team/s.
|INR 4 lakh to INR 7 lakh per annum
|Train and manage individual athletes/players to keep them in good physical shape.
|INR 8 lakh to INR 9 lakh per annum
Ans. Certificate in Sports Management, Certificate in Business of the Sports, Certificate of Higher Education in Sports, Fitness and Management, and Certificate in Esports Management are some of the best sports management certificates.
Ans. These courses are available at Exercise Teachers Academy (ETA), The University of Colorado Boulder, The University of California, Irvine (UCI), the California Institute of Pennsylvania, and The Open University of the UK.
Ans. Udemy and Coursera have a wide range of certification courses at minimal or no enrollment fees. These are short-duration premium courses for people seeking to accumulate knowledge about the latest developments in the field of sports.
Ans. A sports management course certificate helps individuals expand their skill set, owing to which they can get a salary hike and venture into new domains of sports management.