The gist of something is the main point or key idea. Gist-content questions require you to determine the primary subject or concept discussed in the listening conversation or lecture.
Gist-Content questions are typically phrased as follows:
• What are the speakers mainly discussing?
• What is the main topic of the lecture?
Tips to Remember
- Actively listen for the main topic and primary points.
- Ignore minor details and focus on the big picture.
- Take brief notes to capture key ideas.
- Identify the central theme or subject.
- Consider the context and speaker’s tone.
What is the lecture mainly about?
a. The interaction between a stimulus and response center
b. Maintaining equilibrium in the body
c. Abnormal fluctuations in the human body
d. Interpreting signals from a stimulus
Correct Answer: B
Are you preparing for TOEFL? Check out this video to improve your listening skills for the TOEFL exam given below👇.
Download the Leverage App today.
Need help to prepare for TOEFL? Check out the best TOEFL preparation courses in the market offered in a live training environment by trusted educators. If you want to ease your study abroad journey, then call us at 1800-572-000.