If you wish to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA), then the University of Glasgow can be a great option for you. Located in Glasgow, Scotland, the University of Glasgow offers an MBA with an extensive curriculum that equips you with high-in-demand skills. Founded in 1451, this public research university is renowned for its world-class education. Keep reading to learn more about the University of Glasgow MBA program. We will dive deep into this topic and help you understand how this program is beneficial for you.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBA at University of Glasgow?
The University of Glasgow MBA will offer you high-in-demand skills, knowledge, and networking opportunities that will give an immense boost to your career. Further, after completing this program, you can expect to work as a manager within the private, third or public sector. You can even follow your own entrepreneurial ambition once you finish the University of Glasgow MBA. You will be provided with one-to-one support that will allow you to become a successful leader.
The University of Glasgow has been ranked 76th in the QS World Rankings 2024. Moreover, the institute has received a rank of 82 in THE World University Rankings 2023. The University of Glasgow is among the 5% of institutions in the global rankings.
Also Read: MBA Abroad for Indian Students
There are certain eligibility criteria that you need to fulfil in order to be deemed eligible for the University of Glasgow MBA. The requirements are as follows:
- The applicant needs to have a 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject.
- The candidates also need to have a minimum of 3 years of managerial work experience.
- The students also have to provide a personal statement and a detailed CV that describes their work experience with specific emphasis on managerial roles and responsibilities.
The students also have to submit some specific documents during their admission process, which are as follows:
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- Additionally, official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Lastly, any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry requirements for this programme)
Also Read: MBA Engineering Management
How to Apply for MBA at University of Glasgow?
Follow these steps to apply for the University of Glasgow MBA:
Step 1: Check the entry requirements of the program before you proceed with your application.
2nd Step: Go to the official website of the University of Glasgow and submit the mandatory documents. You have 42 days to submit your application after you have started the process.
Step 3: One may save and return to the application as many times as they wish to update information, complete sections or upload supporting documents like the final transcript or their language test.
Also Reading: MBA in HR in UK
Following the core courses, you will select five electives to specialise in finance, strategy, or marketing. The courses offered change from year to year and are taught by a diverse group of top academics and practitioners based on their research or personal experience in the corporate world.
- MANAGING OPERATIONS
- DECISION MAKING UNDER UNCERTAINTY
- PEOPLE & ORGANISATIONS: UNDERSTANDING AND APPLYING THE SCIENCE
- MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND ANALYSIS
- CORPORATE FINANCE AND FINANCIAL MARKETS
- GLOBAL ECONOMY
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- MBA BUSINESS SIMULATION GAME
- STRATEGIC FORESIGHT
- MBA GROUP CONSULTANCY PROJECT
- MBA PROJECT: START-UP PATHWAY
- MBA PROJECT: INDUSTRY PATHWAY
- MBA PROJECT: RESEARCH PATHWAY
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- ORGANISATIONAL SECURITY: THE CHALLENGES OF MANAGING INTENTIONAL AND ACCIDENTAL THREAT FACTORS
- INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY FOR MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISE
- INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
- STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- HACKING THE MOD (H4MOD)
- INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- ENTREPRENEURIAL FINANCE
- PROJECT LEADERSHIP AND CONTROL
- FINANCIAL MARKETS & RISK MANAGEMENT
- CORPORATE INSOLVENCY, RESCUE AND RECOVERY
- MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- BUSINESS TO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- STRATEGIC BRAND MANAGEMENT
- DIGITAL MARKETING
- CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
- MBA SUMMER SCHOOL (1)
- MBA SUMMER SCHOOL (2)
- MBA SUMMER SCHOOL (3)
Also Read: MBA in Finance in Germany
Now that you are aware of the application process of this university, it’s time to know its fee structure. This is what the tuition fees for 2023-24 look like at the University of Glasgow:
|Type of Student||Full-Time Fee|
|International & EU Students||£35,000|
Also Read: MBA vs Business Analytics
The average base salary after completing the University of Glasgow MBA is £46,000. The top employers recruiting the graduates of this program are
- Indonesian Civil Service,
- Clintech, and
The University of Glasgow MBA promises an impressive placement rate. In addition, the MBA graduates of the University of Glasgow saw an 84% placement rate in the year 2020. Here are the top sectors that recruited the MBA’20 graduates of the University of Glasgow:
- Technology: 16%
- Real Estate: 5%
- Consulting: 21%
- Government: 11%
- Media / Entertainment: 5%
- Healthcare: 11%
- Consumer Good: 5%
- Financial Services: 5%
- Others: 5%
The areas of function where MBA graduates were working are provided below:
- Marketing / Sales: 26%
- General Management: 21%
- Consulting: 16%
- Finance / Accounting: 5%
- Information Technology: 11%
- Human Resources: 5%
- Others: 11%
- Operations Logistics: 5%
Also Read: MBA in Australia Without Work Experience
The acceptance rate for the University of Glasgow MBA is 28%, making it a difficult program to get into. It illustrates the university’s selective admissions procedure. You should not give up despite the fact that admission to this university is competitive. Further, the university’s performance remains strong, and it has a great reputation for providing high-quality education.
Also Read: MSc Agriculture
The applications for International, EU, and UK applicants are closed now. You can apply for the admission to University of Glasgow MBA again when the forms are made available. Moreover, the registration window for admission usually opens around the month of August every year.
Also Read: MA Economics Syllabus
Ans. The average base salary after finishing the University of Glasgow MBA program is £46,000.
Ans. Yes, the University of Glasgow is an excellent institution with incredibly nice and helpful faculty and staff. Along with the world-class education, the university also offers a high placement rate.
Ans. Glasgow provides a great student experience, with superb universities, a thriving student community, and a rich cultural legacy, all at a low cost of living.
So, this was all about the MBA at University of Glasgow. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.