The University of Sydney is inviting applications for scholarships from international students. However, the scholarships are only available to full time postgraduate research students. A stipend of $37,207 per annum (INR 20.67 lakh) is provided to cover the living expenses and the tuition fees.
The scholarship applications are open throughout the year. However, some deadlines are still applicable. That is, students who want to start their studies in the research period 1 (1st Jan) or Research Period 2 (2nd Jan) need to submit the application by September, a year prior.
Similarly, students who want to commence their studies in the research period 3 (1st July) have to apply in December, a year prior.
University of Sydney International Scholarship Eligibility
- Should be an international student
- Have an excellent academic record and research potential
- Additionally, the student must have received an unconditional offer letter either in Master’s or for the PhD programme.
- Moreover, the scholarship beneficiary must enroll in the course offered to them and must commence research at the University of Sydney
- The scholarship beneficiaries are not allowed to hold another scholarship that would cover their tuition fees
The University of Sydney International scholarships are available part-time. However, it is only granted under special circumstances. For example, medical conditions, financial hardships, and carer’s responsibilities. Students interested in the University of Sydney International scholarship can apply for the same by visiting the official website of the university, submitting personal details and other required documents.