Students who think they can give incomplete information or leave loopholes in their application must pay attention to the new announcement by the US Embassy. While booking the US visa appointment a candidate must submit a complete and accurate D-160 form.
The embassy or consulate will not allow students to attend the Visa Application Centre (VAC) if they submit improper forms. Applicants who submit their applications on or before the 13th of November 2023 have to abide by these guidelines.
The candidates will be barred from the visa interview or the document drop-off appointment until rescheduled. Forms that are blank, contain someone else’s biographical information or where columns are filled with nonsensical data such as ‘Zzzzzz’ will not be accepted.
What’s so Serious About it?
To improve the visa application experience of genuine candidates, authorities have introduced these measures. The purpose of this strictness in form evaluation is to;
- Improve US visa processing time to shorter durations.
- Maintain the integrity of the US visa application procedure.
- Protect the visa system from fraud agents.
- Also to remove tardiness in the work procedure.
Can We Not Make Any Changes to the Filled Form?
There are certain categories that the candidates MUST fill correctly while minor changes in the others are negotiable. Here are the details that one must fill in correctly.
- Date of Birth
- Class of Visa
- Passport Number
Nevertheless, the following fields can be altered after submitting the form;
- You can renew your passport if it has expired.
- Moreover, you can also change your residence details if you have moved.
- Similarly, new job details can be added to the form later as well.
- Your marital status can also be changed in the form.
- Some minor changes in the travel plans are also negotiable. In case you change your university this relaxation will be very useful.
- Lastly, you can also update your phone number on the form.
For a hassle-free visa process, stay updated on the form details and fill out the form as accurately as possible. Also, be wary of fraudulent visa agents to have a safe journey. You can instead take help from trusted and established study abroad experts for visa services. If you want to read more such exciting information, make sure you follow Leverage Edu News Updates.