US-based Education Testing Service (ETS) has announced that they will be setting up test centres for both TOEFL and GRE in the Kashmir Valley. The new test centre will be set up at Hashtag Educational Services, located at the Regal Chowk, Srinagar.
The main aim behind setting up these test centres that too in a prime location is to offer me location is to offer easy accessibility to the test takers.
Moreover, the organisation has further announced its plans to invest in partnering with agents and educational institutions in the Kashmir region.
By doing so, all local students will get the motivation to study for abroad education and move abroad.
Other Changes to TOEFL Exam
Other than this development, the ETS organisation has announced several new changes to the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Here is the list of all the new changes which have been introduced:
- As per the revised regulations, the TOEFL iBT test has been cut short by an hour now.
- Instead of the writing section, the test will now come with a more modern ‘Writing for an Academic Discussion’ task.
- Even the reading section is being shortened and all unscored test questions is removed.
- The registration process has been simplified.
- Lastly, the test takers will now be able to see their official score release date upon completion of the test.
Apart from all these changes, it was recently announced by the Australian government that the TOEFL iBT exam will no longer be applicable. This is for all those who wish to get an Australian visa. This rule came into effect on July 26, 2023.
Instead, Canada has announced that students from select countries will be eligible for the TOEFL iBT exam. Countries including Antigua and Barbuda; Brazil; China; Colombia; Costa Rica; India; Morocco; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Senegal; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Trinidad and Tobago; and Vietnam.
This rule has come into effect from August 10, 2023.
ETS is a nonprofit educational assessment, research and measurement organisation and the owner of assessments such as TOEFL and GRE.