In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the number of Indian students who have opted to go abroad and pursue their higher education.
A report by Redseer Strategy Consultants, Bengaluru, mentions the total number of Indian students planning to study abroad will reach 1.8 million by 2024.
As per recent data shared by the government in Parliament, it has been shown that a 68 per cent increase in Indian students going abroad to pursue higher education over the past year – 7,50,365 in 2022 as compared to 2021 which was 4,44,553.
Data shared by the UK Immigration Statistics, in August 2022, states that almost 1,18,000 students received a student visa in June.
Here is a screen grab which shows data that Indians go abroad to pursue their higher education.
Factors Indians Should Keep in Mind While Travelling Abroad
Here are all the factors which Indians should consider while planning to study abroad:
- The first step the student should take is to decide which course and country they can go to. It is very important to choose a good place as you will be spending a significant amount of time living and studying. Therefore, it is very important to do some amount of research beforehand. No matter what, it is always better to know what you will be dealing with, to be safe.
- The second most important step to keep in mind is the weather. It is a crucial step to research the climate and what kind of clothes will be needed.
- When considering going abroad, one should plan his/her budget and finances. One should be aware of things like the bank’s international charging fees, and the current exchange rate between their home country and the country they were planning to move to.
- The monetary system of their new home country.
- When moving abroad, one should be ready for cultural shock and homesickness. To cope with this, one can carry some food from their home and constantly be in touch with their parents.
As per Education Ministry data, around 7,50,365 Indian students went abroad to study abroad in 2022.
If you are planning to go abroad to study then these are some factors which you should keep in mind.