The Australian government has announced the introduction of a new permanent visa called “The Pacific Engagement Visa”. This visa is particularly for the residents of Pacific Island countries and Timor-Leste. This visa will also be called a subclass 192 visa and will commence in the year 2024. This visa will provide 3000 permanent places for the participating citizens and their immediate family members.
On October 19, 2023, the immigration authorities of Australia passed the law to use the ballot for a new PEV.
Eligibility Criteria for PEV (Pacific Engagement Visa)
Check below the eligibility criteria to be enabled for PEV:
- The candidates must be randomly selected through the PEV ballot
- They should be between the ages of 18 to 45 years
- Should have a formal job offer in Australia
- Other visa requirements should also be fulfilled such as English language, health, and character.
The eligible PEV candidates will get immediate access to the following:
- Family tax benefits
- Youth Allowance
- Loan for Higher Education Program
- VET Student Loans Program
This innovative approach will allow individuals to have equal opportunities to apply for a permanent visa irrespective of their skills, genders, or backgrounds.