PhD in Commerce Management, as the name suggests is a doctoral degree in commerce and management. It’s a research-based study program that purely aims to provide its learners with advanced knowledge and skills in various fields such as business, entrepreneurship, human resource management, marketing, finance, etc. It’s usually a 3 to 5 years long course where the candidate is required to conduct original research and submit their own thesis at the end of the course. Students who are great at arithmetics and have an understanding of accounting and finance can be ideal candidates for this course.
|Full Form||Doctorate of Philosophy in Commerce and Management|
|Course Duration||3 to 5 Years|
|Admission Process||Entrance-Based Exam|
|Top Recruiters||Public, Market, Finance, and Business Sectors|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study PhD in Commerce Management?
- Eligibility of PhD in Commerce Management
- Top Universities for PhD in Commerce Management
- Major Subjects PhD in Commerce Management
- Application Process for PhD in Commerce Management
- Online Course for PhD in Commerce Management
- Job Profile and Salary
Why Study PhD in Commerce Management?
There are several reasons why an individual should consider pursuing PhD in Commerce Management, but we have listed some of the key reasons, kindly have a look:
- You may get a competitive edge over MBA graduates and master research skills and methodologies.
- You can easily develop management and analytical skills
- Enrolling yourself in this program can also give you a slight edge to find new job opportunities, and better salary packages, hence helping you in future-proofing your career
- You can also explore and contribute to the latest developments and innovations in the field of commerce and management through original research and publication
Eligibility of PhD in Commerce Management
To study abroad and be eligible to get admission to your desired university, you will need to meet some basic eligibility criteria, Let’s take a look at some basic requirements which is needed to be fulfilled:
- The applicant must complete a postgraduate degree in Commerce or have an equivalent M.Phil Degree from a recognized University
- Applicant should have a minimum aggregated score of 55%
- In some Universities, professional experience in teaching or administration is also necessary
- For International Students, A Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) are required. It is also mandatory to prove your proficiency in the English language by qualifying for exams like SAT, IELTS, and TOEFL. To prepare for your English Proficiency test you can check Leverage Live.
- Candidates also need to clear the National level entrance exam like NET.
- The Applicant also needs to appear for some other exams such as GATE, SLET, and GRE.
Must Read- Career in Commerce – Complete Guide
Top Universities for PhD in Commerce Management
Here are some of the top Universities with their QS World Ranking which have specialized programs for PhD in Commerce Management:
|University||QS World Ranking 2023||Average Tuition Fee|
|The University of Melbourne||#33||USD 44,000 (INR 35 Lakh)|
|London Business School||–||GBP 25,000 (INR 25 Lakh)|
|Stanford University||#3||USD 73,000 (INR 60 Lakh)|
|University of New South Whales||#45||GBP 23,000 (INR 23 Lakh)|
|King’s College London||#37||GBP 27,000 (INR 27 Lakh)|
|Copenhagen Business School||#24||DKK 14,250 (INR 17 Lakh)|
|National University of Singapore||#11||SGD 37,000 (INR 22 Lakh)|
Major Subjects PhD in Commerce Management
Check out some of the major subjects associated to PhD in Commerce Management:
|8||Human Resource Management|
Relevant Read- Difference between E-Commerce and E-Business
Application Process for PhD in Commerce Management
Here are some steps to make your application process a bit easier:
Step 1: Research and find a suitable university
You need to find out the best suitable university and program according to your liking and then cross-check other fees like tuition fee breakup, accommodation, etc. After that, you can head over to the official website of the desired university to apply for your study program.
It is mandatory to prove your proficiency in the English language by qualifying for exams like SAT, IELTS, and TOEFL. Other documents like LOR, SOP, updated resume, and previous academic transcripts like undergraduate and postgraduate are also necessary. So keep those documental proofs handy because you will need them while filling out the form.
Step 3: Submit your application and wait for the offer letter
Once you got all the required documents in one place you are ready to fill out the application form. Make sure you are entering all your personal details correctly. After the application is submitted you may need to wait for a few weeks for your offer letter as the university needs to evaluate your application properly. Once you received your offer letter you now need to apply for a Student Visa for your Study abroad dream to come true.
Online Course for PhD in Commerce Management
Here are some of the online courses you might like where you choose to study some commerce management courses via online mode or online-distance learning mode:
- PHDCOM by IGNOU (PhD in Commerce via Online Distance Learning)
- Accounting and Finance for Managers by IIMBx (Online)
- E-commerce Essentials: How to Start a Successful Online Business by Udemy (Online)
- Corporate Strategy by University of Virginia (Online Distance Learning)
- Executive Doctor of Business Administration by UpGrad (Online)
Job Profile and Salary
As PhD in Commerce Management is a very prestigious degree there can be many job opportunities for you. Here are some job profiles with their salaries we mentioned below in a tabular format, kindly have a look:
|Job Profile||Average Salary (India)||Average Salary (Abroad)|
|Marketing Consultant||14 Lakh per annum||48 Lakh per annum|
|Professor/ Lecturer||5.5 Lakh per annum||27 Lakh per annum|
|Business Analyst||15.4 Lakh per annum||40 Lakh per annum|
|Investment Banker||25 Lakh per annum||55 Lakh per annum|
|CEO||35 Lakh per annum||98 Lakh per annum|
Also Read: PhD in Commerce
If you are considering studying abroad, and can’t pick the right course for specialization for yourself have a look at Leverage Edu’s new AI-powered Course Finder. This can find the best University or course and specialization with completely personalized results according to you and your needs.
This is a very subjective question but still, the UK, the USA, and Australia can be some of the best picks as they are the home of World’s some of the top and reputed Universities.
Candidates with a strong background in Accounting, Finance, and Business Operations can be the right fit for this study program. For example, an applicant with a previous educational background like B.Com and M.Com can easily choose to pursue PhD in Commerce Management.
If you are searching for a top university to pursue a program in PhD in Commerce Management and boost your career, and yet confused about loans, accommodation, etc. You can reach us out at 1800 57 2000 and contact our Leverage Edu experts. We prioritise our students and guide them to get one step closer to their dream career and university. You can also connect with us through our socials like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.