The Master of Science in Physician Assistant (MSc PA) program is a graduate-level degree program that trains healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive medical care under the supervision of a physician. The MSc Physician Assistant is a relatively new program that is becoming increasingly popular among healthcare professionals, especially those looking to advance their careers.
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Course Name||Master of Science In Physician Assistant|
|Course Duration||2 Year|
|Course Eligibility||Bachelor in Paramedical Course/ BSc in Physician Assistant|
|Admission Process||Metrit-Based/ Entrance Exam|
|Job Prospects||Medical Assistant, Orthopedic Physician Assistant, personal Medical Healthcare Assistant, etc|
This Blog Includes:
- What Is the MSc Physician Assistant?
- Why Study MSc Physician Assistant
- Role and Responsibilities
- Top Universities
- Core Subjects
- Skills Required
- Eligibility Criteria for MSc Physician Assistant
- Admission Process
- Documents Required
- Scope of MSc Physician Assistant
What Is the MSc Physician Assistant?
The MSc Physician Assistant Program is a graduate-level degree program that prepares healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive medical care under the supervision of a licensed physician. The program typically takes two years to complete and includes a combination of didactic coursework and supervised clinical rotations in various medical specialities.
Why Study MSc Physician Assistant
The main purpose for studying Msc physician Assistant is that this course opens more career opportunities for those who are looking to make their career in medicine for patient care
- If you love to assist people and love to guide them about health care treatment you should try this course, designed course will provide you with dept knowledge about medicine and medical terminology.
- This course is mainly focused on medical terminologies and patient care
- After completion of the course in any specialisation according to your choice if the student is looking to study continue they can explore PhD., Mphil program as well
Types of Physician Assistant
These are some of the types of Physician Assistant
- Radiology Practitioner Assistant
- Pediatric Assistance
- Orthopedic Physician Assistant
- Cardio Physician Assistant
Relevant Read- MSc in Computer Science
Role and Responsibilities
A physician assistant is a healthcare professional who practices medicine under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- Physician assistants are trained to provide a wide range of medical services, including diagnosing and treating illnesses, performing physical exams, prescribing medications, ordering and interpreting lab tests, and assisting in surgical procedures.
- The role of a physician assistant may vary depending on the speciality area, and physician’s supervisory style, and the healthcare setting.
- However, in general, physician assistants work closely with physicians to provide high-quality medical care to patients.
Here are some top universities/colleges that offer a course in MSc Physician Assistant. Check them out!
|McMaster University||13 Lakhs|
|University Of Manitoba||10 Lakhs|
|University Of Chester||16 Lakhs|
|University Of Manchester||16 Lakhs|
|University Of Birmingham||10 Lakhs|
|University Of Queensland||15 Lakhs|
|Manav Rachna Dental College||Faridabad|
|NIMS Jaipur University||Jaipur|
|West Bengal University||Kolkata|
|Om Stirling Global University||Haryana|
Relevant Read- List of All Msc Courses
These are the list of core subjects for the MSc Physician Assistant Program, one or two subjects can be shuffled according to course specialisation
|I Year||II Year|
|Cell and Molecular Biology||Pharmacology|
|Pediatrics and Geriatrics||Molecular Genetics|
|Introduction to Surgery||Gastroenterology|
|Nutrition and Dietetics||Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery|
|Community and Public Health||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Introduction to Medicine||Practical – Physician Assistant|
These are the skills required for an Msc Physician Assistant program
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking abilities
- Analytical skills
- Good listening abilities
- Empathy towards patients
Eligibility Criteria for MSc Physician Assistant
To be eligible for the MSc Physician Assistant program,
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree with 50% in a healthcare-related field, such as nursing, pre-medical, or healthcare administration.
- Students must also have completed prerequisite courses in subjects such as anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- In addition, most programs require students to have healthcare experience, either through work or volunteering.
The admission process is totally based on the college or university where you want to study
- Admission for MSC Physician Assistant can be either merit-based or an Entrance Exam
- If the university conducts an Entrance exam followed by a personal interview, in that case, students need to study hard to get admission
- You can fill out the application form online or you can visit the admission centre of the same university
- If the student is looking to abroad study, the student needs to give English Profiencicy tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE
Eligibility Score Of English Proficiency Test
Relevant Read- Career in Science Stream
Here is a general list of documents the students need to submit to secure admission to the MSc Physician Assistant course
- Updated Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Transcripts
- Passport size Photograph
- Entrance Exam result
- English Proficiency Test
Scope of MSc Physician Assistant
Physician assistants have a wide range of career opportunities in various healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, physician offices, and nursing homes.
- Some of the most common specialities for physician assistants include family medicine, internal medicine, paediatrics, emergency medicine, and surgery.
- Physician assistants may also choose to specialize in areas such as cardiology, dermatology, oncology, or psychiatry
Job Prospects and Salary
Physician assistants can work in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, physician offices, outpatient care centres, and long-term care facilities. Some may also work in public health, education, or research.
|Jobs Profile||Average Salary In India||Average Salary In Abroad|
|Radio Physician Assistant||4LPA||30-84LPA|
|Orthopedic Physician Assistant||3-5LPA||40-90LPA|
|Pediatric Physician Assistance||3-6LPA||20-76LPA|
|Personal Health Facilitator||3-5Lpa||25-39LPA|
Top Recruiters of MSc Physician Assistant
- Max Multispecalist
- Manipal Hospital
- City Hospital
- Mehta Multispeciality, etc
Ans. The MSc Physician Assistant Program is a graduate-level degree program that prepares healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive medical care under the supervision of a licensed physician.
Ans. To be eligible for an MSc Physician Assistant program, you must have a bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field, such as nursing, pre-med, or healthcare administration. You must also have completed prerequisite courses in subjects such as anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology. Additionally, most programs require students to have healthcare experience, either through work or volunteering.
Ans. While both physician assistants and nurse practitioners are trained to provide medical care, there are some key differences between the two roles.
Physician assistants typically work under the supervision of a licensed physician and may perform a wider range of medical services, including ordering and interpreting lab tests, prescribing medications, and assisting in surgical procedures.
Nurse practitioners may work more independently and typically focus on primary care services.
This was all about the MSc Physician Assistant program, if you are interested to know more about study abroad opportunities, contact Leverage Edu or call on given no.1800 57 2000 to book your free counselling with our country expert