Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing have revolutionized the way we see the world, manage resources, and make decisions. From analyzing climate change patterns to tracking wildlife migration, GIS and Remote Sensing have applications across industries, making it an exciting and lucrative field to explore. Pursuing this course can help you develop the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in this field. In this blog, we will delve into the details of the MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing Course, Colleges, Syllabus, and everything else you need to know before enrolling.
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Course Name||MSc In Geoinformatics and Remote Sensing|
|Course Duration||2 year|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidate must be graduated with at least 50%|
|Admission process||Entrance Based|
|Examination Type||Semester Based|
|Job Position||GIS Analyst, GIS Technician,
GIS Developer, GIS Manager, etc
|Job Recruiters||Wipro, Tata, Tech Mahindra, Accenture, etc|
This Blog Includes:
- What is MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing?
- Why Study MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing?
- Top Universities for Pursuing MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing
- MSc Gis and Remote Sensing Syllabus
- Skills Required
- Eligibility Required
- Admission Process
- Scope and Salary
- Top Recruiters
What is MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing?
The master’s degree in GIS and Remote Sensing (RS) is intended for students who have taken geospatial analysis courses. It is designed specifically to help students understand the analysis and management of environmental and natural resource data using remote sensing and geographic information systems (GIS).
Why Study MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing?
There are several compelling reasons to pursue a Master of Science (MSc) in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing.
- GIS and Remote Sensing technologies are increasingly being used across a wide range of industries and sectors, from environmental management and natural resource planning to urban planning and transportation. There is a growing demand for professionals with expertise in these areas.
- An MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing can provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the theory and application of these technologies, as well as hands-on experience using the latest software tools and techniques.
- GIS and remote sensing skills, knowledge, and experience are highly valued by potential employers and can help you stand out in a competitive job market.
Also Read- MSc In Information Technology
Top Universities for Pursuing MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing
Here are the top universities for pursuing MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing abroad:
|Universities||QS Ranking 2023|
|University of Southern California||134|
|Penn State World Campus||93|
|University of Edinburgh||15|
|University of Salzburg||751-800|
|University of Western Australia||90|
|University of Maryland||=164|
|University of Alabama||651-700|
MSc Gis and Remote Sensing Syllabus
The syllabus of this course may vary depending on the college and program. However, here are some common topics that are covered in most programs:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of GIS and GPS||Spatial Data Modelling and GIS applications|
|Principles of Cartography||Technical Writing|
|Research Methodology and Thesis Writing||Photogrammetry|
|Project Management||Law and Policy for maps and remote sensing|
|Fundamentals of Computers and Programming||Digital Image Processing and information extraction|
|Introduction to Sustainable Development||—|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Independent study||Major Project|
|Multivariate data analysis||Environmental Management System|
|Environmental Modeling||Integrated Impact Assessment|
|Minor Projects||Groundwater Hydrology and Management|
|Advances in GIS and current trends||Advances in Remote Sensing|
|Satellite Meteorology||Integrated Watershed Management|
|Wildlife Conservation and Management||—|
|Advances in GIS and Current Trends and Glacier Hydrology Major Project Major Project||—|
Also, Read- Master In Technology
- Remote Sensing
- Project Support
- Data Integration
- Graphics skills
The eligibility requirements for MSc GIS and remote sensing program are as follows
- The candidate should pass his/her graduation with at least 55% from a renowned university or college
- Graduation should be in the field of science and technology or another related background
- Candidates need to clear the Entrance exam, as some of the universities require an entrance exam scorecard
English Language Requirements
Being an international student you have to give your English proficiency test like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE:
If you want to pursue MSc GIS and remote sensing program you can reach out to us at Leverage Edu, we will be happy to help you out with this program, below-given steps make your process easy
- At Leverage Edu our expert is using an AI-based course founder, with the help of AI-based course founder our expert will help you with a good university option
- Also, we will help you in your admission process, as we have a dedicated editorial team that will help you to write your SOP, LOR
- Some programs may require an interview as part of the admission process.
- Most institutions charge an application fee that is required at the time of application submission.
These are the documents required for the admission process:
- Academic Transcripts
- Passport size Photograph
- Entrance Exam result
- English Proficiency Test
Scope and Salary
Graduates can find employment in a variety of fields including technology, research, national remote sensing agencies, space application centres, ISRO, and more.
|Job profile||Salary In $||Salary In INR|
|GIS Analyst||US$38,500||31,54,844 INR|
|GIS Technician||AU$95,013||52,32,111 INR|
|GSI Researchers||US$76,733||62,27,693 INR|
Also, Read- MS in Engineering Management
These are the top companies that hire MSc GIS and Remote Sensing Degree holders.
- Tech Mahindra
A. The prerequisites for enrolling in an MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing program may vary depending on the college and program. However, most programs require a bachelor’s degree in geography, environmental science, or a related field, and some may also require previous coursework in GIS and Remote Sensing.
A. The duration of an MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing program may vary depending on the college and program. However, most programs take 1-2 years to complete on a full-time basis, while part-time programs may take longer.
A. Bachelor’s degree in science, BCA, engineering, agriculture, forestry, or bachelor’s degree in the arts with geography as one of the topics from any accredited Indian university is the minimum requirement for admission to the MSc in GIS and remote sensing course.
Hopefully, with this blog, you are now aware of the MSc in GIS and Remote Sensing. If you wish to kickstart your career, but are not sure about how to get started with the admission process then you can contact Leverage Edu. and know more about the study abroad process From writing an impeccable Statement of Purpose (SOP) to completing the admission formalities, the counsellors will help you take admission to your dream university and the best-fit university with the help of our AI Course Finder