Compared to countries like the USA and UK which are the most preferred choice amongst the students to pursue their higher education, studying in France can help you save a lot of money.
The Bologna process has made it possible for institutions and enterprises worldwide to recognise the master’s degree conferred in France. However, the acceptability of law, medical, and educational studies in countries other than France may or may not be dependent on the home country.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in France?
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Popular Courses in France
- Popular Universities Abroad for Masters in France
- Cost of Studying
- Scholarships to Study MBA in France
Why Study Masters in France?
The excellence of French research and higher education is highly known around the world. Several well-known international rankings, including the Financial Times, QS, Shanghai, and the European Union’s U-Multirank, list multiple French universities and Grandes Ecoles. The Times Higher Education and the Financial Times are just a few of the others. You are eligible for the benefits of this recognition if you are studying in France.
Particularly responsible for this fame are the remarkable achievements of French scientists. With thirteen Fields medals, France is the second-ranked country in the world for mathematics. Marie Curie is among the 62 Nobel laureates it has produced. She was the first woman to get the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1903 and the first scientist to receive the Chemistry Prize in 1911.
For masters programmes like MBA, MS Finance, Masters in Management, etc., the top universities in France require a GMAT or GRE score. Although some courses demand a strong GMAT score, not all of them do. For masters programmes in France, a GMAT score between 550 and 730 is ideal.
To be able to study in France a student needs to take an English proficiency test . The minimum scores that a student must score are : TOEFL – 88-100 , IELTS – 6.5 – 7.5
Also Read: Master’s Degree in Sports Management in France in 2023
Going through the application process to apply for Masters in France can be an overwhelming step in a student’s study abroad dream. But with consistent efforts and taking one step at a time can be a good strategy to make things a little easier.
Following are some of the general steps that a student needs to go through in the entire application process journey.
- Shortlisting Universities and Courses- Don’t forget to check out the complete curriculum, student reviews, and overall ranking of the school you’re considering. Additionally, Leverage edu’s AI course finder can help you choose the ideal course for you if you are having trouble finding the right one for you.
- Contacting the Universities- Connect with the universities that you have shortlisted to get all of your questions answered about the course, the application process, the costs, the teaching style, internships, placements, etc. To ensure you don’t miss anything, make sure to write down all of your questions in advance in a document.
- Preparing and Taking the Standardized Tests- Give yourself at least six months to study for standardized English proficiency tests like the IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE as well as other exams like the GMAT, GRE, SAT, and ACT. You can boost your application by practicing well and getting good grades.
- Preparing Essays for Application- Writing a strong and creative SOP is an essential part of the application because it carries a lot of weight. LORs and a resume/CV must also be included with the application. For the MBA and PhD programmes, the student might have to submit essays for admission and research ideas.
The next step is to complete the application procedure and make a list of all the necessary documents and critical items you’ll need to meet the eligibility requirements. Following are the general / basic documents required to study Masters in France –
- UG degree from a recognized university with minimum marks as required by the university of France.
- Official transcripts of marks from the academic institutions from where the student has completed his/her education.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Score of English Proficiency Test – IELTS/TOEFL
- One – page resume (consisely drafted)
- Bank statement showing sufficient funds
- Offer Letter
- Student Visa
Popular Courses in France
Numerous well-known master’s programmes are offered by French institutions, including those in Lyon, Grenoble, and other cities. Europe has some of the best postgraduate institutions in the world. Numerous specializations or subjects may be included in a master’s degree. You may surely discover whatever subject you want to study at the master’s level in France.
In France, there are numerous masters-level specializations. All of France’s master’s programmes and courses are top-notch. Following are some of the famous Master’s degrees in France :
- Master in Education
- MSc in Marketing and Creativity
- Master business Analytics
- Master Economics
- Master in Public Health
- MSc in Energy management
- Master in Psychology
- Masters in data analytics
Popular Universities Abroad for Masters in France
France has many world renowned universities that offer high quality education preparing students to become global citizens and contribute to the growth of the world. Following is the list of Universities and their QS rankings 2023 that offer master’s degrees in France.
|Name of the Universities||QS Rankings 2023 (Subject Wise)|
|EMLYON Business School||53|
|IESEG School of Management||30|
|EDHEC Business School||101|
|Skema Business School – Paris Campus||8|
|EPITA Graduate School of Computer Science||NA|
|Montpellier Business School||51-60|
|Grenoble INP – Grenoble Institute of Technology||102|
|University of Nantes||301-350|
|Pierre and Marie Curie University||131|
Also Read: Golden Tips to Successfully Study Abroad in France
Cost of Studying
If you are planning to pursue a Masters in France, the cost of studying would be dependent on two factors – first will be the course selected by you and the second will be the university chosen. The fees asked from Indian students is the same as the national fees of France making it affordable for the students.
|University Name||Tuition Fees (in EURO and INR)|
|Toulouse School of Management||Master in Management
INR 23.87 Lakh
MSc. in any business related program17,000 – 18,500 EURO
INR 14.19 Lakh – INR 15.44 Lakh
|ESPC Business School||Master in Management
INR 18.94 Lakh
MBA in International Management
INR 39.23 Lakh
|Science Po||18,260 EURO INR 15.24 Lakh
15,000 – 25,000 EURO
1 year Masters in France
INR 12.52 Lakh – 20.86 Lakh
|Institute Polytechnic de Paris||Master of Science and Technology
13,000 – 20,800 EURO
INR10.85 Lakh – INR17.36 Lakh
|University of Strasbourg||256 EUR/year
610 EUR/year (Engineering)
|Ecoles des Ponts ParisTech||MS in Science (Sustainable Impact Analysis )
INR 12.52 Lakh
|Rennes Business School||Master in Science for any business related program
13,250 – 18,200 EURO
INR 11.06 Lakh – 15.19 Lakh
Scholarships to Study MBA in France
There are many scholarships offered to students for pursuing Master’s in France. Following table represents some of the scholarships awarded to students for pursuing their master’s in France along with the expenses covered:
|Scholarship Name||Amount Covered|
|Global MBA scholarships for international students||41,000 EURO
INR 36.39 Lakh
|EDHEC Global MBA Scholarships in France||20 – 50 % Tuition Fees|
|INSEAD GEMBA Scholarships in France||Upto 50% Tuition Fees|
|HEC Paris MBA Scholarship in France||5,000 EURO – 50% Tuition Fees
INR 4.43 Lakh
|HEC Paris – Foundation Rainbow Bridge Scholarship in France||20,000 EURO per year
INR 17.75 Lakh
|HEST – Higher Education Scholarship Test for Indian Students||Upto Rs.1 lakh per student|
|INSEAD Professional Women’s Network Fellowship||Partial funding, variable|
|INSEAD Business School – Syngenta Endowed Scholarships in France||22,500 EURO
INR 19.97 Lakh
|Full Tuition MBA Scholarships in Innovation Management||25% – 100% Tuition Fees|
|ISM Scholarship opportunities||NA|
|INSEAD Deepak and Sunita Gupta Endowed Scholarship||NA|
|INSEAD GEMBA Scholarship for National Diversity||NA|
France has 3 categories of student visa-
- Visa de court sèjour pour etudes (‘Schengen’ short-stay visa) – This visa is meant for programmes whose duration is less than 3 months.
- Visa de long sèjour temporaire pour etudes (temporary long-stay visa) – This French student visa is meant for courses whose duration is 3-6 months.
- Visa de long sèjour etudes (long-stay visa) – This category of French student visa is meant for programmes that take more than 6 months to complete. Therefore, if you are wishing to pursue Masters then you have to apply for this category of visa.
Visa for Long Duration Courses (ex-Masters in France)
During the first year of your stay in France as a student you would be only requiring your long-stay visa. Further verification of your visa entails needing to register with the local French office of Immigration and Integration (OFII) and also get done with your medical examination within a month of you coming to France. If you want to continue staying in France for more than a year, then at the start of your second year of studies you need to apply for Carte de Sèjour (CDS) or ‘titre de sèjour ‘ which is an official residency permit in France.
Requirements of France student visa
Following are the general visa requirements for Indian students who are planning to study in France.
- Age of the student should be above 18 years.
- 2 Passport size photographs.
- Visa application form for France study Visa.
- Accepting offer letter from one of the Universities of France.
- Passport and previous visa copies (if any)
- Evidence of having enough funds to pursue your studies and living expenses.
- Air flight ticket with the date of departure.
- Health insurance
- Documents of accommodation arrangements
- If you have enrolled in a French taught course, then the language proficiency for the same.
- Evidence of visa fees payment.
- If applicable, proof of civil status.
Also Read : Detailed guide for France Student Visa
APS or The temporary Resident Permit provided by France Government gives an opportunity to a student to stay for 1 year extra after his/her course is completed. During this time period the student can look for a job in France or form a new company in his/her respective field of study.
Starting from as low as 500-600 EUR/YEAR, a Masters degree can cost you as much as 10,000 EUR/year in France. Compared to Masters, studying Bachelors in France is more affordable.
France is well-known for its advanced technological development, cultural exposure and reputation of quality-driven education. Therefore, studying from France can help a student get great job opportunities and succeed in life by leading from professional and personal fronts.
Compared to other countries pursuing MBA and MS in Germany is much more affordable. As it costs around 13.14 Lakh studying MBA and around 79.05 K studying MS from Germany. Coming to pursuing Bachelors in Germany, even that is affordable compared to other countries as it costs around 1.04 lakh to complete B.E/B.Tech there.
Taking rent as a factor to compare the cost of living in both (Paris & Delhi) cities, to maintain the exact same standard of living you would be needing around 1500 EUR in Delhi whereas in Paris you will be requiring around 5000 EUR. Hence, Paris is expensive as compared to Delhi.
Are you planning to study abroad? Leverage edu is a one-stop solution to help you in each and every step to realize this dream of yours which will surely change your life forever. From helping you in selecting courses, universities, application process, scholarships, IELTS preparation to Visa and so much we will be by your side every time. To connect with us simply register on our website or call us at 1800-572-000. We will be delighted to become a part of this life-changing journey of yours!