The Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship is valid for students pursuing their master’s degree at the Management Center Innsbruck (MCI). Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship at MCI provides financial support to students who focus on achieving the objectives of ‘Global Citizenship’ and the ‘Sustainable Development Goals’ of the United Nations. It is a collaboration between the Ban Ki-Moon Centre for Global Citizens and the MCI, Austria. Ban Ki-Moon is a South Korean politician who was the 8th Secretary General of the United Nations. He served as a Secretary General from 2007 to 2016.
|Name of the scholarship||Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship at MCI|
|Host University||Management Center Innsbruck (MCI)|
|Application Deadline||March 31st 2023|
|Degree Level||Executive Master’s and Master’s Degree|
|Funding Type||Partially funded|
|Medium of Instruction||English and German|
This Blog Includes:
Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship Field of Study
The programs that come under the Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship eligibility are listed below:
- Master’s Program
- Entrepreneurship & Tourism
- Mechatronics & Smart Technologies
- European Health Economics and Management
- Corporate Governance
- Finance (Online)
- International Business Management
- International Health
- Social Management
- Medical Technologies.
- Environmental, Process & Energy Engineering
- Communications and IT
- International Business & Law
- Executive Master’s Program
- Executive MBA
- Digital Economy & Leadership MSC (online)*
- Digital Business MBA
- Digital Marketing & Analytics MSC(online)*
- Management & Leadership MSC*
(*): Courses taught in German
To apply for the Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship at MCI, applicants must fulfil the below-given eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must be citizens of non-EU nations (countries that are not members of the European Union; for example, India is a non-EU nation) to apply for the master’s program.
- Candidates from all nations can apply for the executive master’s program.
- Candidate must have a relevant bachelor’s degree or an equivalent from a recognised institution with good grades.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a course eligible for the scholarship at MCI.
- Applicants must be committed to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and intend to continue the engagement with these goals throughout their Masters.
- Students must demonstrate leadership abilities and strong academics.
SDGs: Selection Criteria
The selection committee will shortlist the applicants by considering the following points:
- Current or previous commitments to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): the selection committee will evaluate candidates’ profiles on the basis of the below-given factors for the said criteria.
- Degree and nature of commitment and engagement towards the SDGs.
- Impact achieved
- Provide Evidence
- Future Commitments towards SDGs: the selection committee will critically analyse the below-given points to assess the candidate’s future commitments to the SDGs
- Possibility of achieving the goals mentioned
- Match and concord between the applicant’s SDG emphasis and the MCI’s chosen degree.
- Candidate’s goals and potential impacts.
Application Procedure for the Scholarship
Students can apply for this scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of Management Center Innsbruck (MCI).
- Students can choose the course of their choice and get enrolled at the MCI official website.
- Now, visit the Ban-Ki Moon scholarship page.
- Submit all the required documents, please make sure that the files are in the correct format.
- After filling in all the details, candidates can submit the application.
Required Documents for the Scholarship
To apply for the Ban Ki-Moon scholarship, candidates must submit the following documents:
- A statement demonstrating applicants’ present or previous commitment to SDGs including documents/evidence.
- A letter of motivation describing the candidate’s goals of supporting the SDGs and also the reasons explaining how studying at MCI can help them reach their goal. This motivation letter must also describe how the scholarship will benefit the candidate.
- Undergraduate degree
- Proof of the desired language’s proficiency–German and/or English
- Copy of Passport
- All the documents must be in JPG, PNG or PDF files with a maximum file size of 3MB only.
Benefits of the Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship
The candidates who get selected will be awarded INR 8,80,000, which covers a part of the tuition fee of their master’s program. This amount can be used for the tuition fee for the first academic year only and will not cover other expenses such as travel, living expenses etc.
After enrolling in their desired course students can visit the MCI official website. Students have to submit documents like their CV, motivation letter, proof of language proficiency, statement letter, copy of passport and also the application submitted at MCI. After this, they can submit the scholarship application.
The candidates must fulfil the below-mentioned criteria:
1. Candidate must be a citizen of a non-EU nation to apply for the master’s program.
2. Anybody can apply for the executive master’s program.
3. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
4. Must be enrolled in a course eligible for the scholarship at MCI.
No, the Ban Ki-Moon scholarship is partially funded and the selected candidate will be awarded INR 8,80,000, which covers a part of the tuition fee of their master’s program.
The Management Center Innsbruck (MCI) is located in Austria, Europe. The official language of Austria is German. That’s why some courses that come under the scholarship are taught in German.
This brings us to the end of this blog. Students planning to study in Austria can apply for the Ban Ki-Moon scholarship per the guidelines in this blog.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.