The Innovation in Education Scholarship is sponsored by the LA Tutors which is an education consultancy firm based in Los Angeles, USA.
The scholarship is for students who wish to create an impact and change the lives of others for the betterment by innovating and creating something that is both creative and technologically advanced. The scholarship is given every month of the year to a fresh and eligible student. For a quick overview of the scholarship, refer to the highlights table given below.
|Scholarship Name||Innovation in Education Scholarship|
|Awarded by||LA Tutors|
|Type of Scholarship||Merit-based|
|Amount of the Scholarship||$500 (approximately INR 45,500)|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria for Innovation in Education Scholarship 2023
Candidates aspiring to reap the benefits of this scholarship have to meet eligibility criteria so that their application can be processed further. Here are the four essential eligibility criteria that a candidate must meet before applying for this scholarship:
- The candidate must be enrolled in an educational institute, i.e., high school, college or university.
- The candidate must have a cumulative GPA of a minimum of 3.0 or the equivalent.
- The candidate must have permanent citizenship or hold a valid student visa from the United States of America (USA) or Canada.
- The candidate must design and propose a project that makes a positive impact and difference in the lives of others. This might be in the form of a website, a series of blogs, an app, a charity event, etc.
- However, a candidate belonging to the immediate family members of the LA Tutors employee or community automatically stands forfeited from the scholarship.
Essay and Letter of Recommendation for Innovation in Education Scholarship 2023
Candidates who wish to apply for the Innovation in Education Scholarship will also be required to submit two additional things, i.e., an essay and a letter of recommendation. The details of both these submissions are noted below:
- Essay Writing – The candidate should submit an essay describing the goal of their particular project and provide the link to access the supportive content such as the blog, app, etc. The essay should be strictly written in English. There is no word limit or page count. However, the file should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format only (if applicable). The work of the candidate should be original. Lastly, the file size cannot exceed 80MB.
- Letter of Recommendation – The letter of recommendation should preferably be from someone who guided or oversaw the candidate’s project or someone who can vouch for the quality of the project. Letters of recommendation of any type are accepted. However, the file should be in Word or PDF format only. Candidates should note that the file size should not exceed 80MB.
Application Process for Innovation in Education Scholarship 2023
Candidates who fulfil the above-noted eligibility criteria can initiate their application process for the scholarship by following the steps noted below:
- The candidate has to apply by registering by their first and last name, email address, phone number and name of the school, college, or university one is enrolled into.
- The candidate next has to upload an essay, a letter of recommendation and a photo of not more than 80 MB individually at the given tab.
- Once done with the uploading, click on “submit application” and wait for LA Tutor to revert.
Also Read: TATA Scholarships
Benefits and Awards
The winner of the Innovation in Education Scholarship will receive a one-time reward of $500 (approximately INR 41,500) through the registered email address. The awardee has to respond within five days to claim the financial aid. The monetary fund can be used for various educational expenses borne by the candidate such as:
- Tuition fees
- Books, journals, magazines
- On-campus residency
- Other miscellaneous expenses related to education
- The candidate must apply before on or before the 20th of every month, 11:59 pm PST. The application window reopens on the first of next month at 8:00 a.m.
- The candidates are eligible to reapply for the scholarship each month. However, the previous winners are not applicable to reapply.
- The candidate will receive the scholarship award through the registered email.
- LA Tutors reserves the right to pass on the amount of scholarship to the next candidate waiting on the list if the company doesn’t receive a response within the given period of time.
- LA Tutors also reserves the right to publish photographs of the Innovation in Education Scholarship winners.
The validity of the scholarship is one month.
The total amount of the scholarship is $500 (approximately INR 41,500).
No, the Innovation in Education Scholarship is not applicable for auto-renewal.
Getting financial aid in the form of a scholarship for education is a huge step towards achieving your goal. Make sure to send the application for the scholarship on or before the deadline to avoid missing out on the benefits and perks of the scholarship. Hopefully, this article proved helpful for candidates looking to avail this scholarship and they can use this to kickstart their application process.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.