The Pearson Test of English or PTE Academic exam is an English proficiency examination for applicants applying to foreign universities, where English is the primary language of instruction. This makes a student wondering how to maximize the score in PTE-A Reading to ace the proficiency test like a pro. Candidates will be delighted to hear that Pearson PLC Group, the organization in charge of administering the PTE-A exam, has introduced PTE at Home. However, candidates who wish to enrol for the PTE test can read this article to prepare themselves for the exam in an effective way and obtain a good PTE score.
|Exam name||Pearson Test of English Academic|
|Level of exam||University Level Exam|
|Duration of exams||3 Hours|
This Blog Includes:
Must Read: PTE Exam: Everything You Need To Know
Tips to Maximize Your PTE-A Reading Score
One of the most popular English language exams for applicants seeking to study abroad is the PTE-A, which is short-term for the Pearson Test of English – Academic. The reading section is one of the most vital sections. To solve the riddle called ‘How to maximize your score in PTE– A Reading Section?’, first start by working on your reading, fluency, attention, and understanding. When taking the test, you will use these abilities promptly, but during practice, you must acquire them gradually.
Bonus Tips to Maximize PTE-A Reading Score
Here are some bonus tips that can help you maximize your PTE-A Reading score on the test:
- Increase your vocabulary
- Keep technicalities in mind
- For the Reading section, effective time management is essential.
- Significant importance is given to grammar in this section.
- Choose an elimination approach to finding answers quickly.
Below we have provided some tips for handling each specific question type in the section and help you maximise your PTE-A Reading score:
Type -1 Questions: MCQ with Single Answer
- To find the correct response, focus on keywords and comprehend the passage’s main point. Focus on the terms that occur frequently, then reject all those possibilities to arrive at the appropriate answer.
- Answer the question; do not leave it unanswered because there is no negative mark for this question.
- Use the technique of elimination. Limit your alternatives as much as you can.
- To know what information to search for, read the question before reading the text.
- The paragraph’s first or last two lines include 60% of the answers.
- The questions will not be addressed in chronological sequence, so pay attention to the material in the passage. You can find the answer anywhere within the course.
- Learn to paraphrase by using alternative words to communicate the same information.
Type -2 Questions: MCQ with Multiple Answer
Read to find out what the question expects of you in terms of an answer.
Check each option provided, and start eliminating options.
If you are unsure about any of the options, don’t choose them because this question carries a negative marking. If you’re unsure, skip it.
Type – 3 Questions: Rearrange paragraphs
Read all the available options. Analyze the thesis. Delete the selected statement, then join it to the subsequent logical statement. Repeat the procedure once more to get a clear answer. Each logical pair only receives one mark, so keep that in mind. Each question carries four marks in total. Do not forget to proofread your response.
Type – 4 Questions: Fill in the blanks
You may quickly identify the answer for Fill in the Blanks by reading the sentences just after the dash or the blanks. Find out the definitions of terms you are unfamiliar with when you are practising.
Read the content first, and then consider your options. If you follow grammar rules, you may quickly get the answer to questions. Answer the simpler questions first. Don’t forget to proofread the passage.
Also Read: 5 Steps to Prepare for PTE at Home
PTE-A Application process
Before solving the question of how to maximize your PTE-A Reading score, candidates need to find the PTE 2023 application form on the official website and complete the registration process. Therefore, you must first register for a Pearson VUE account on the organization’s website to apply for the PTE Academic 2023 exam. Complete the application, and then pay to take the test. It is important to adhere to the detailed instructions listed below to avoid errors in the application.
- Visit the official website.
- On the homepage, click the ‘Register now’ tab.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button next to the specified course.
- Register for a new account.
- After registering successfully, a login ID and password will be generated, which must be saved for future access.
- Candidates must log in using their login credentials after successfully registering.
- Complete the forms with your name, date of birth, gender, address, and other details.
- Select your preferred test centre and exam date for PTE academic test.
- Upload all essential documents, including the candidate’s photo and signatures.
- Pay the required application fees in online mode.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
PTE-A Application fees
PTE applicants may use any of the accepted online payment options to pay the reduced registration price of INR 14,700 inclusive of taxes.
Visa debit cards and credit cards, as well as JCB and MasterCard, can be used to pay the PTE exam registration fees. After receiving payment, an email specifying the exam date, time, and place will be sent to the registered email address within 48 hours. The acknowledgement receipt for candidates is available as a physical copy which the candidate may obtain for reference purposes.
Syllabus to Maximize PTE-A Reading Score
Below we have provided a topic-by-topic breakdown of the PTE test 2023 syllabus. There are a total of 4 sections. If you wish to maximise your PTE-A Reading then you should finish your preparation on time must thoroughly review the syllabus and begin making a study timetable.
PTE Writing & Speaking
- Read Out loud
- Repeating Sentence
- Description of Image
- Retell Lecture
- Solve Short Questions
- Summarize Given Text
- Essay writing
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Select One Answer
- Rearrange paragraphs
- Fill in the Blanks
- Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer
- Fill in the Blanks
- Mark Correct Summarization
- Multiple Choice, Single Answer
- Choose a Missing Word
- Identify Incorrect Words
- Dictation to Writing
The organising body has not outlined any official eligibility requirements or qualifying standards. However, the age restriction for candidates is what defines the eligibility, and it is as follows.
- The candidate must be at least 16 years old.
- To take the test, an applicant under the age of 18 must present proof of their parent’s approval.
PTE-A Exam pattern
Writing, speaking, reading, and listening skills are evaluated in the PTE Academic 2023 exam. Writing and speaking are merged into one section for the PTE 2023 exam, whereas reading and listening are conducted separately. All test takers are evaluated using their overall PTE Academic exam score. The total exam duration for the PTE Academic 2023 computer-based exam is two hours and fifteen minutes. Candidates must use a computer and headphones to listen to, read, and respond to the questions.
|Sections||Total Questions||Total duration|
|PTE Writing & Speaking||28 to 36||54 mins to 67 mins|
|PTE Reading||13 to 18||29 mins to 32 mins|
|PTE Listening||12 to 20||30 mins to 42 mins|
For more such updates on the PTE 2023 exam and related topics, keep an eye on the official website of Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for up-to-date information.