A degree in Hotel Management prepares students for supervisory and management positions in the national and international accommodation, hospitality, and tourism sectors. Marketing, human resources, operations, food and beverage, law, event management, entrepreneurship, and financial accounting are taught in this program. A degree in hotel management focuses on management ideas and a mix of theoretical and practical learning that emphasizes applicable knowledge. If you want to make a career in hotel management, then New Zealand can be an ideal place for you. Its high-quality education and career opportunities make it an ideal country to study in. Keep reading to learn about the hotel management courses in NZ in complete detail.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Hotel Management Courses NZ?
Before learning more about the hotel management courses in New Zealand, let’s understand why it’s an ideal country to study in. Here are some of the main reasons why you should study hotel management courses NZ:
- In New Zealand, the hospitality business is witnessing a boom, offering a great opportunity for people seeking a career in hotel management.
- Various prestigious universities like Southern Institute of Technology and Pacific International Hotel Management School Limited are offering hotel management.
- To prepare you for the profession, hotel management courses in New Zealand include practical experience in the curriculum.
- Students at any hotel management institution can work part-time while attending classes.
Also Read: Short-term Courses in Finance – 2023 List
Top Hotel Management Courses NZ for UG and PG
You can enjoy excellent academic facilities and infrastructure by studying hotel management courses at universities in New Zealand. Here are some of the top hotel management courses NZ:
|Course||Offered By||Duration||Average Annual Tuition Fees|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management||Southern Institute of Technology||3 Years||NZ$17,400|
|Master of Hotel Management (Level 9)||Pacific International Hotel Management School Limited||18 months||NZ$18,162|
|Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management||Southern Institute of Technology||1 Year||NZ$17,400|
|Graduate Certificate in Hotel Management||Southern Institute of Technology||1 Year||NZ$14,300|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Hotel Management||Pacific International Hotel Management School Limited||1.5 Years||NZ$14,133|
Eligibility for Hotel Management Courses NZ
While the admission criteria differ as per the universities, the general eligibility criteria for the universities in New Zealand remain the same.
In order to become qualified for hotel management courses NZ, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have finished your higher secondary education to become eligible for a UG Course. Moreover, if you are applying for a PG course, then you must have a UG degree.
- Students need to have at least 5.5 in each of the four IELTS bands, with an aggregate minimum score of 6.0 or higher for undergraduate programs. Graduate courses, on the other hand, demand at least a 6.0 in each band and an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or above.
- Applicants are also required to submit the following documents:
- Statement of Purpose (SOPs)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
- Certificates of achievements and extracurricular activities
- Bachelor’s degree (for PG programs)
- Academic transcripts
- Portfolio to be produced by Arts or Design course students
Application Process for Hotel Management Courses NZ
Students may be perplexed by the admissions process for hotel management courses NZ. Fortunately, Leverage Edu can significantly accelerate the process.
We can assist you with your application in the following ways:
- You can choose the course you want to take using our AI Course Finder.
- The professionals at Leverage Edu will then begin the application process for the university of your choice on your behalf.
- Essays, TOEFL, SOPs, LORs, IELTS, and other papers must be included in your application. As a result, acquire and prepare the necessary papers.
- As soon as you complete your application and the relevant papers, our staff will begin your application for housing, scholarships, and student loans.
- Wait for your offer letter, which should arrive between 4-6 weeks.
Scope and Salary
If you choose Hotel Management, you will have a range of career options. You can join a cruise, a hotel, a hospital, a bar, a motel, a resort, and the list goes on and on!
Here are the job roles you can assume after completing the hotel management courses NZ:
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Special Events Planner||NZ$62,350|
Ans. Yes, hotel management universities in New Zealand consistently rank among the top 40 in the world.
Ans. Because of its rapidly rising population and the resumption of outside travel, New Zealand has a nationwide demand for hospitality experts.
Ans. Because of its globally renowned universities, New Zealand is well-known for its excellent hotel management and hospitality degrees.
So, this was all about the hotel management courses NZ. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.