The government of the Netherlands offers Holland Scholarship for students who belong to non-European Economic Areas(EEA) countries. Students willing to pursue their bachelor’s or master’s in the Netherlands can apply for this scholarship. The scholarship provides an amount of € 5000 (approx INR 4.37 lakh) to € 15000 (approx INR 13.1 lakh) on the basis of the university. In this blog, we will talk about the Holland scholarship in detail.
|Scholarship Name||Holland Scholarship|
|Type of Scholarship||Merit-Based|
|Organisation||Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science|
|Application Deadline||1 June 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
This Blog Includes:
Holland Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Holland scholarship, candidates must have excellent academic results and meet all the below-mentioned prerequisites outlined in the eligibility criteria:
1. Applicant must be from a non-European Economic Area nation.
2. Candidate either has been enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at any of the participating Dutch universities.
3. The candidate must currently be enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s or master’s programme at one of the Dutch universities that are participating.
4. Candidates must meet the specific requirements of the university they are applying. Students can check the requirements on the official websites of the university/institution.
5. Candidate does not have an educational degree from the Netherlands.
Holland Scholarship Application Process
The application process for the Holland Scholarships is quite straightforward. The steps to apply for the Scholarship are listed below:
- The first step in applying for the scholarship is choosing a course along with the institution. Candidate must select a course from the participating Universities only.
- Write a letter of motivation(500 words maximum)to the university outlining why you are a talented student and mentioning both your academic and extracurricular accomplishments.
- By visiting the official website of Holland Scholarship, fill out the application form.
Also Read: Orange Tulip Scholarship
Holland Scholarship Participating Universities
The Holland Scholarship participating Dutch research universities for the 2023–2024 academic year are listed below. On the university website, you can find the precise deadlines and the study fields for this academic year.
Universities of Applied Science
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- The Aeres University of Applied Science
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- Design Academy Eindhoven
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Driestar educatief
- The Maastricht University
- The Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- Protestant Theological University
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- University of Groningen
- Radboud University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Utrecht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Theological University
- University of Twente
- Leiden University
- Tilburg University
- Wageningen University
Holland Scholarship Selection Process
Candidates can get selected for the Holland Scholarship only on the basis of financial need and academic merit. The Holland Scholarship selection process includes the below-mentioned steps:
- Pre-selection and application acceptance by the university chosen by the candidate.
- The sponsoring body reviews the application files of shortlisted applicants before selecting recipients.
- The names of the chosen scholars are revealed. Those students who have received the scholarship will get separate notifications from the university.
Within a few weeks to a month of the deadline, the students receive an email notifying them of their scholarship award. When the scholar arrives at the university, the scholarship money is transferred to a Dutch account.
Must Read: National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
Holland Scholarship Benefits
After checking the selection process, let’s look at the grant details of the Holland scholarship. The awardee will only receive the scholarship amount once in the first year of the course. An amount of € 5000 (approx INR 4.37 lakh) to € 15000 (approx INR 13.1 lakh) is provided to the selected student on the basis of the university. Along with this, candidates must provide proof of funds to get their residence permit application/student Visa. Students will get the scholarship amount after they reach the university. The amount will be transferred in one instalment to the Dutch account opened by the candidate.
Candidates must apply before 1st June 2023 for the Holland scholarship. Candidates can apply for the scholarship by visiting the official website.
The students selected for the Holland scholarship will get an amount of INR 4.37 lakh to INR 13.1 lakh depending on the university.
Yes, students from non-EEA nations can apply for the Holland scholarship.
In this blog, we talked about the Holland Scholarship its eligibility, the selection process and the grant details.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.