The government of Ireland’s International education scholarship is available to non-EU/non-EEA students. More than 60 scholarships are available to students wanting to study at an Irish Higher Education Institution. International students wanting to enroll in a Master’s, or Ph.D. program are eligible for the award. However, the student must have received an offer letter from an Irish Educational Institution to apply. In January, the Government of Ireland will open the application portal for the scholarship, and the deadline for the scholarship is March this year. The scholarship results are expected to be announced in June/July.
Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship Eligibility
The Government of Ireland, in collaboration with higher education institutions in Ireland, has launched the International Education Scholarship. The Higher Education Authority (HEA) manages the scholarship. The following are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a non-EU/non-EEA country.
- Additionally, he/she must qualify for an overseas fee-paying status
- The applicant must have received an offer letter from a university for 1-year taught master’s program/PhD program
Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship
The benefits of the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship are as follows. Note: this scholarship is only available to study for one year.
- The beneficiary would receive a full tuition fee waiver
- Additionally, the applicant would receive an amount of €10,000 towards education
The specific date of the deadline has not been released. Therefore interested students must apply before March. The declaration of results will take place in June or July.