The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are prestigious scholarships that provide Indian students with an opportunity to pursue a master’s degree at a university in the USA. The program promotes cultural exchange and understanding between India and the USA. Resultantly, it has provided Indian students with an opportunity to gain knowledge, skills and experience that can help them contribute to the development of their home country. In this article, we will explore the Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships and what are the benefits of the scholarship, along with other relevant information of use.
|Name of the Fellowship||Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships|
|Concerned Authority||USIEF (United States-India Educational Foundation)|
|Applicable Course Level||Masters|
|Application Deadline||May 17th 2023|
|Type of Fellowship||Merit-Based|
|Intake Year||August 2024September 2024|
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships
These fellowships provide a range of benefits to Indian students, including:
- Tuition and fees for the master’s degree program with the help of the provided grant.
- Round-trip airfare from India to the United States under the benefit of a J-1 visa.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses is another benefit of the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship.
- There is an additional benefit of Health insurance coverage as per the US guidelines
The funding provided by the program is sufficient to cover most of the expenses associated with pursuing a master’s degree in the United States.
Also Read: Scholarship for MBBS Students
Who Can Apply for the Fulbright Nehru Fellowship?
Any candidates willing to apply for a university in the US and fulfils the following eligibility criteria can apply for the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen residing in India at the time of application.
- It is further important to have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks.
- The applicant must have at least three years of relevant work experience.
- A strong academic record and demonstrate leadership potential can also be beneficial while applying for the scholarship.
- Candidate must have a valid GRE score and TOEFL or IELTS score before applying for the fellowship.
How to Apply for the Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships?
The application process for the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships is conducted online. Interested candidates can visit the USIEF website and fill out the application form before the deadline by following these simple steps:
- Research the universities and programs that align with your academic interests and career goals.
- Identify the ones that offer Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships and read their eligibility criteria, application requirements, and deadlines.
- Prepare your application materials, including writing a statement of purpose, obtaining letters of recommendation, taking language proficiency tests like IELTS/TOEFL/GRE, and preparing transcripts and other supporting documents.
- Create an account on the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships portal and start filling out the application form.
- Provide personal and academic information, including your name, contact details, educational background, work experience, and language proficiency.
- Review your application carefully to ensure that all information is accurate and complete.
- Submit your application online through the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships portal before the deadline.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, after which the final selection will be made.
Also Read: Destination Australia Scholarship
Fields to Apply for the Fellowship
Candidates must choose any of the following fields of study as per their interest while filling up the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships. However, it is important to note that the course may differ from the applied institution and its requirements.
|Journalism and Mass Communication||Environmental Science/Studies|
|Economics||Higher Education Administration|
|Women’s/Gender Studies||Public Health|
|Urban and Regional Planning||International Legal Studies|
|Arts and Culture Management
(Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies)
Terms and Conditions of the Grant
Certain terms and conditions of the grant must be kept in consideration while applying for the fellowship:
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one Fulbright fellowship during one academic cycle.
- If found a case of plagiarism in the scholarship application, then it may lead to an immediate disqualification.
- The process of applying can only be completed online unless informed otherwise.
- Applicants need to adhere to the issued timeline. Any application form beyond the specified deadline will not be accepted for the grant.
- There is no scope for a transfer or extension of visa sponsorship.
No, there is no age limit to apply for the fellowship of Fulbright-Nehru Masters. However, candidates need to fulfil other eligibility criteria to avail of the scholarship fund.
With the help of the Fulbright Scholarship, candidates studying in the US have a stipend to cover their daily expenses of transportation, food, and other living expenses while doing their research work.
The USIF (United States- India Educational Foundation) provides the fellowship of Fulbright-Nehru Masters.
We hope the information provided in this blog on the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship has been insightful. Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu for any information regarding scholarships for Indian students planning to study abroad. Stay tuned to our social media handles on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter handles for more exciting facts and updates.