The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (EGLS) is a prestigious undergraduate scholarship program that provides full tuition, fees, room, and board for international students who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies at American University in Washington, DC. The scholarship is aimed at high-achieving students who demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to serving their communities.
|Scholarship Name||Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2023|
|Host Institute||American University, Washington, USA|
|No. of Scholarship||1|
|Course Start||August 2023|
|Deadline||15 Dec 2022/15 Jan 2023|
This Blog Includes:
About the Scholarship
The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (EGLS) 2023 is a highly competitive, full-tuition scholarship for international students who have demonstrated leadership potential and a commitment to serving their communities. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition for up to four years of undergraduate study at American University in Washington, DC, as well as on-campus housing and a meal plan, a one-time allowance of $2,000 for books and supplies, and health insurance coverage for the duration of the scholarship.
The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (EGLS) is a highly competitive, full-tuition scholarship for undergraduate students who demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to serving their communities. The scholarship provides the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition for up to four years of undergraduate study at American University in Washington, DC.
- The scholarship covers the cost of on-campus housing and a meal plan for the duration of the scholarship.
- The scholarship provides a one-time allowance of $2,000 to cover the cost of books and supplies.
- The scholarship provides health insurance coverage for the duration of the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will have access to mentorship and leadership development programs designed to help them become successful leaders in their communities.
Relevant Read– Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship
To be eligible for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (EGLS), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents: Applicants must be international students who have completed their secondary education outside of the United States and who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Strong academic record: Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.8 (or equivalent) on a 4.0 scale.
- English language proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test scores. The minimum scores required are TOEFL – 100, IELTS – 7.0, and Duolingo English Test – 125.
- Leadership potential: Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential through their involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, or other leadership experiences.
- Commitment to community service: Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to serving their communities through volunteer work or other community service activities.
- Enrolling as a freshman: Applicants must be applying as first-year (freshman) students and intend to enrol full-time in an undergraduate degree program at American University.
The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship can be used for any undergraduate degree program offered at American University. This includes a wide range of majors and fields of study, such as:
|Business Administration||Communication||Economics||International Studies|
|Political Science||Psychology||Sociology||Environmental Studies|
|Health Promotion||Computer Science||Mathematics||Public Health|
|Performing Arts||Visual Arts|
Relevant Read- Eamon Molloy Memorial Scholarship
You are not eligible if you fall under the following categories
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated from secondary school earlier than 2021.
The selection process for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (EGLS) is highly competitive and involves several stages.
- Preliminary Screening: The first stage of the selection process involves a preliminary screening of all applications received. During this stage, the scholarship committee reviews each application to ensure that the applicant meets the basic eligibility criteria and that all required documents have been submitted.
- Academic Review: In the second stage, the scholarship committee evaluates the academic record of each applicant to determine their level of academic achievement. Applicants with a minimum GPA of 3.8 (or equivalent) on a 4.0 scale are considered for the scholarship.
- Leadership Potential Review: The third stage of the selection process involves an evaluation of each applicant’s leadership potential. The scholarship committee reviews the personal statement and other application materials to assess the applicant’s leadership experience and goals.
- Community Service Review: The fourth stage of the selection process involves an evaluation of each applicant’s commitment to community service. The scholarship committee reviews the summary of community service activities provided by each applicant.
- Interview: The final stage of the selection process is a personal interview with the scholarship committee. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in an online interview with the scholarship committee to discuss their application and assess their potential as Emerging Global Leaders.
Relevant Read- Deakin University Scholarships for International Students
Ans. The application deadline for the scholarship is typically in early December of the year prior to enrollment. However, it is important to check the American University website for the most up-to-date information.
Ans. No, the scholarship is only available to first-year (freshman) undergraduate students who are applying to American University.
Ans. No, the scholarship is awarded based on the information provided in the undergraduate admissions application. However, applicants must complete the scholarship application section in the Common Application or Coalition Application.
This was all about American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2023 if you want to read more such informative blogs subscribe to Leverage Edu. If you wish to study abroad, connect with our experts on 1800 57 2000 and get all your queries answered.