Businesses, governments, and common citizens all use computers every day. It is impossible to imagine a world without computers now. As beneficial as computers may be, they also expose us to cybersecurity threats. This is where the cyber security professionals play a crucial role. With their skills, they offer protection to computer systems and data from cybersecurity threats. The demand for cybersecurity is growing with the advancement of technology and the rise of hackers. In this blog, we will understand in detail the pursuit of cyber security in Singapore. Several prestigious institutes in this country offer cybersecurity courses in Singapore.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Cyber Security in Singapore
Singapore is among the world’s most prosperous countries, with its thriving economy, diverse businesses, and world-class education. Here are some of the main reasons why you should pursue cyber security in Singapore:
Demand for Cybersecurity Professionals
As per the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA), there is an estimated shortage of 3,400 cybersecurity professionals in Singapore. This creates a higher chance of employment for cybersecurity professionals.
An entry-level cybersecurity professional in Singapore earns a starting salary of S$51,000, while a senior professional earns about S$88,000.
The universities and colleges of Singapore are renowned for offering high-quality education and world-class facilities, ensuring highly skilled graduates.
Top Universities and Tuition Fees
Pursuing a cyber security degree in Singapore can be immensely rewarding in terms of career advancement. However, make sure that you are aware of the educational costs in the country beforehand.
Here are some of the top universities for studying cyber security in Singapore:
|University||Course Offered||Duration||Annual Tuition Fee|
|James Cook University, Singapore||Bachelor of Cybersecurity||2 Years||S$62,078|
|Kaplan Singapore||Bachelor of Cyber Security and Forensics and Banking (Double Major)||2 Years, 4 Months||S$15,393|
|LSBF Singapore||MSc in Master of Science in Information Security and Digital Forensics||12 Months||S$20,000|
|Singapore University of Technology & Design||MSc in Master of Science in Security by Design|
Eligibility for Cyber Security in Singapore
Here are some of the eligibility criteria you need to meet to pursue cyber security in Singapore:
- The applicants must have completed their class 12.
- The candidates have to have a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering fields from a recognized university when applying for a master’s level course.
- Moreover, they need to score at least 6 on IELTS and 74 on TOEFL IBT.
- They also have to provide the following documents during their admission process:
- International student application form
- Visa application fee
- One Passport size photo (less than 6 months old)
- Transcripts (Mark sheets -from 10th class till the last degree obtained)
- Bank Statements – ORIGINAL for the last 28 days from all sponsors
- Affidavit of Support to be given by the sponsor on Rs.20 stamp paper (non-judicial)
- Fixed Deposit Receipts (if necessary)
- Work experience certificate
- Bank loan sanction letter (if necessary)
Also Read: How to Become a Security Analyst?
Application Process for Cyber Security in Singapore
The admission process for cyber security in Singapore can become daunting for students. Luckily, Leverage Edu can help you with your application process and make your journey a lot smoother.
Here is how we can help you in your application process:
We can help you with your application in the ways listed below:
- You can utilize our AI Course Finder to conveniently choose the course you wish to take.
- Then, experts at Leverage Edu will begin your application process for the university you selected on your behalf.
- Your application needs to include SOPs, TOEFL, IELTS, LORs, essays, and some other mandatory documents.
- Hence, collect and assemble all thAlso Read: What is Cryptography?e needed documents for the application.
- Then, Leverage Edu will commence your application for scholarships, housing, and student loans after you finish your application and the necessary paperwork.
- Now, just wait for your offer letter, which usually arrives within 4-6 weeks.
Also Read: What is Cryptography?
Many students face hurdles in fulfilling their dream of studying abroad due to financial limitations. The table below shows some of the best scholarships to pursue cybersecurity in Singapore.
|Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants for Development||The Rotary Foundation||S$40,113 to S$534,846|
|ACES Scholarships||ACES Education Fund||S$4,679|
|BeArt-Presets Academic Scholarship Program||BeArt-Presets||S$6,685|
Also Read: Study MSc Cyber Security
Scope of Cyber Security in Singapore
In Singapore, there are various opportunities for cybersecurity graduates. After completing your degree in cyber security in Singapore, you can assume the following job profiles:
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|IT security specialist||S$96,477|
|Information Security Analyst||S$72,814|
|Chief Information Officer||S$216,000|
Also Read: How to start a Career in Cyber Security
|Career in Information Security||How to Make a Career in Cyber Forensic?|
|How to Become a Penetration Tester?||Masters in Cyber Security in Australia|
|Career in Cyber Law||Pursue Cyber Security in UK!|
Ans: Yes, Singapore has an estimated shortage of 3,400 cybersecurity professionals.
Ans: Yes, the average starting salary of a cybersecurity professional in Singapore is S$51,000.
Ans: Yes, Singapore’s cybersecurity market for products and services was valued at S$1.7 billion in 2021, as per the International Trade Administration.
So, this was all about studying cyber security in Singapore. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.