The average cost of living in Moscow for a single person is around 50,622.3руб without rent and for a family of four people, the estimated expenses are nearly around 176,329.6руб without rent, which is close to the world’s average cost of living. The median salary after taxes is $1239, which is enough to pay for one month’s worth of bills. ranked as the finest city to live in Russia and 1168th (TOP 13%) overall on a list of the world’s best places to live. Moscow is the largest city in Russia, according to estimates, with a population of 12.5 million. Let’s delve into the specifics.
|Cost of Living||One Person|
|Total cost with rent||$1253|
|Rent and Utilities||$694|
|Monthly rent after-tax||$1239|
|Quality of Life||74|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Moscow?
There are several reasons to study in Moscow, some of the reasons and benefits are mentioned below:
- After Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Helsinki, and Tokyo, Moscow has been placed fifth in the world for educational excellence by Bain & Company, a major business consulting firm that has examined reforms to Moscow’s educational system
- All of Russia’s regions have quite high levels of higher education, but Moscow offers greater chances for leisure and an active lifestyle.
- The majority of potential international students who select Russia as their study-abroad country tend to select institutions with campuses in Moscow.
Read About: Top Universities in Russia
The Highlight of Cost of Living in Moscow
- Housing: A one-bedroom flat in Moscow typically costs roughly руб 115,478 a month in rent. The cost of a flat,
- Food: Food prices in Moscow are comparable to those in other European cities. An average supper at a mid-range restaurant will cost you around руб 412, while coffee or beer would cost you about py6 88
- Transportation: Moscow’s public transportation is very inexpensive. A single ride costs about py6 55, while a monthly pass is almost py6 2608.
- Entertainment: The cost of entertainment might vary based on your interests and there are numerous things to do in Moscow. A movie costs approximately py6 2000
Cost of Food
|Basic lunchtime menu||руб 557|
|Combo meal in fast food restaurant||руб 412|
|500 gr (1 lb.) of boneless chicken breast||руб 196|
|1 litre (1 qt.) of whole-fat milk||руб 90|
|12 eggs, large||руб 135|
|Bread for 2 people for 1 day||руб 53|
Cost of Housing/ Utilities
|Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 sqft) Furnished||руб 115,478|
|Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 sqft) Unfurnished||руб 70,602|
|Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas)||руб 9,398|
|Internet 8 Mbps (1 month)||руб 529|
|40” flat screen tv||руб 21,735|
|Microwave 800/900 watt||руб 10,951|
|Laundry detergent||руб 725|
|Hourly rate for cleaning help||руб 1,668|
Cost of Clothes
|1 pair of jeans||руб 7,444|
|1 summer dress in a high street store||руб 4,378|
|1 pair of sports shoes||руб 9,203|
|1 pair of men’s leather business shoes||руб 11,902|
Cost of Transportation
|1 litre (1/4 gallon) of gas||руб 52|
|Monthly ticket public transport||руб 2,608|
|Taxi trip on a business day, basic tariff, 8 km. (5 miles)||руб 562|
|Gasoline (1 litre)||Руб 53.18|
Read About: List of Top Universities in Moscow
Cost of Personal Care
|Cold medicine for 6 days (Tylenol, firenado, coldrex, or equivalent brands)||руб 444|
|1 box of antibiotics||руб 723|
|Short visits to a private doctor||руб 2,239|
|Hair shampoo 2-in-1 (400 ml)||руб 317|
|4 rolls of toilet paper||руб 124|
|Tube of toothpaste||руб 171|
|Standard men’s haircut||руб 1,161|
Cost of Entertainment
|Basic dinner out for two in a neighbourhood pub||руб 2,099|
|2 tickets to the movies||руб 906|
|2 tickets to the theatre||руб 10,687|
|1 month of gym membership in the business district||руб 4,307|
Tuition fee for Study in Moscow
The Tuition Fee for Study in Moscow is around 10 Lakh to 15 Lakh per year program, and also it can vary on the type of program and the duration of the program:
|Level of Study||Tuition Fee Per Year|
|Undergraduate||Rs. 1,30,000 – Rs. 10,00,000|
|Specialist Program||Rs. 1, 30,000 – Rs. 7,00,000|
|Post Graduation||Rs. 1,60,000 – Rs. 5,10,000|
|PhD||Rs. 1,60,000 – Rs. 5,10,000|
Things to Consider When Moving to Moscow
Before relocating to Moscow, it’s crucial to comprehend the layout of the city and a few things to keep in mind.
- Finding Place: In Moscow, finding a place to stay is difficult, so do your homework and take your time. To assist you in finding your new residence, we advise working with a real estate agency (or at least, a friend who speaks Russian).
- Climate: Moscow experiences lengthy, harsh winters and mild, occasionally scorching, summers typical of a humid continental climate.
- Job Opportunities: In Russia, there are lots of work prospects, especially in industries like IT, finance, hospitality, and education. Here are a few instances of potential job openings: IT professional: Due to the country’s developing IT industry, there is a considerable demand for software developers there.
- Transportation: Due to the efficient transit system in Moscow, getting about the city is very easy. However, the metro is the quickest option due to traffic congestion. Given how gorgeous and clean the Moscow metro is, it is not a problem.
Read About: Study MBA in Russia
Ans. The cost of living in Moscow as a student depends on personal lifestyle and the activities a student engages in. However, the average amount of basic expenses varies between 25,000 and 35,000 RUB per month.
Ans. Ten Russian tour packages, up to fifty per cent off
Since the Russian Ruble’s depreciation, travel to Russia has become considerably more inexpensive and accessible. However, it is still expensive to go to big cities like Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Ans. Before Relocating to Russia: 21 Things to Know What You Should Know Before Relocating to Russia
Russia is the largest nation on Earth
There are many different time zones
The right to freedom of religion exists only in theory
A worse healthcare system exists
Learn a little Russian
Not only is it chilly and snowy
The cuisine is delightful and diverse
There are substantially cheaper living expenses
This was all about the Cost of Living in Moscow if you are also wanted to know more about Moscow and planning to study in the same for more guidance reach out to Leverage Edu and directly call on 1800 57 2000