Scholarships for international students at Cardiff University are a suitable medium for students to reach where they envision themselves to be as they are constrained by financial factors. Be it India or a range of other countries, students can avail of these Cardiff University scholarship opportunities and achieve their dream of studying abroad. If you are someone who is interested in applying for Cardiff University, which ranks #166 in QS World University Rankings, then getting to know about the Cardiff University Scholarships can surely come to use. We urge you to read this blog that expands upon the Cardiff University Scholarships for International Students.
|Name of the University||Cardiff University|
|QS World University Ranking 2023||166|
|Type of Scholarships||International|
|Course Level(s) for Scholarships||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral|
|Examples of Scholarships||Vice-Chancellor’s China Scholarship Scheme
Vice-Chancellor’s EU Scholarship
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship Programme
PhD research scholarships
This Blog Includes:
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Cardiff University Scholarships
The purpose of this blog is to talk about the options you have in terms of Cardiff University Scholarships at the international level. Below we have shared details on some of the scholarships that are aimed at undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
This international scholarship is for international students who are planning to take admission across the undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Cardiff University. If you are a student who has applied for a selected undergraduate course(s) then you will be considered for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship. Furthermore, you must make sure that you meet, or better, exceed the conditions that your UCAS conditional offer states, for if that is the case, you will be automatically granted a scholarship in form of a discount on tuition fees. That’s not all, having received an unconditional offer also leads to being granted the scholarship.
You may check out the list of selected undergraduate and postgraduate courses below.
For information on the scholarship amount and application deadline, refer to the following:
|Amount||£2,000 (INR 2 lakh)
£5,000 (INR 5 lakh) – if you are from:
|Application Deadline||Undergraduate: 30 June 2023
Postgraduate: 16 June 2023 for applicants from selected countries
Vice-Chancellor’s China Scholarship Scheme
This scholarship recognises the excellence of Chinese students in the form of Cardiff University’s China Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme. A total number of 33 scholarships shall be granted to students who are planning to enrol in postgraduate programmes at the university. There is a certain eligibility criterion that needs to be met for China Postgraduate Scholarships. Read the points below for the same.
- The applicant must be a Chinese national and be considered an international fee-paying student.
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from ‘Double First Class Project University’.
- Next, the applicant must have proved their English language proficiency via IELTS/TOEFL etc.
- The student must be able to finance their studies.
- The student must have accepted their unconditional offer.
- The student must further pay their deposit within two weeks after being informed of their receipt of the award.
|Amount||£5,000 (INR 5 lakh)|
Study abroad with the help of Fly Finance!
Cardiff India Scholarships
As is present in the name, the Cardiff India Scholarship aims to award and reward the excellence of Indian students. Another part of Cardiff University Scholarship, these scholarships welcome all Indian students who are planning to enrol on particular and selected postgraduate programmes. We have mentioned the list of postgraduate courses below, where students studying these courses are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
|Postgraduate Courses||MA Architectural Design
MBA Business Administration with Artificial Intelligence
MSc Business Strategy and Entrepreneurship
MSc Compound Semiconductor Physics
MSc Computational Methods in Architecture
MSc Accounting and Finance
MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
MSc AstrophysicsMSc Business Management
MSc Business Management with a Professional Placement Year
MSc Data-Intensive Astrophysics
MSc Data-Intensive Physics
MSc Civil and Geo-environmental Engineering
MSc Sustainable Energy and Environment
MSc Sustainable Mega Building
MSc Sustainable Supply Chain Management
MScEcon International Relations
MSc Civil Engineering
MSc Civil and Water Engineering
MSc Strategic Marketing
MSc Structural Engineering
MSc Sustainable Building Conservation
MSc Gravitational Wave Physics
MSc International Management
MSc Logistics and Operations Management
MSc Maritime Policy and Shipping
MSc MarketingMSc Physics
MSc Electrical Energy Systems
MSc Environmental Design of Building
Moreover, some of the important points to note are shared below, which are deemed important to be eligible for applying for the scholarships.
- Only students who belong to Indian domiciles can apply for scholarships.
- The students must meet their English language proficiency in case it’s suggested in their conditional offer letters.
- The students must also accept the offer and pay the deposit by 30 June 2023.
- There is no need to submit a separate application for the scholarship.
|Amount||£5,000 (INR 5 lakh)|
Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship
It is a new scholarship programme that’s prestigious and awards students from the USA, Canada, Vietnam, India, and the European Union. It is in collaboration with ‘Study in Wales’, which offers 24 scholarships providing an opportunity to study for a full-time postgraduate degree in Wales. The scholarship shall be provided to students in the form of a discount on tuition fees.
A new and innovative scholarship scheme, it is funded by the Global Wales Programme and is also a partnership between the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW), Universities Wales, Welsh Government and The British Council.
Read on the eligibility criteria for applying to this scholarship:
- The applicant shall be a citizen of the USA, Canada, Vietnam, India, or a country from the European Union.
- The applicant must have also submitted an application to study at Cardiff University.
- The applicant must also be classified as an overseas student for the purpose of paying fees.
- Further, the applicant must also submit the deposit as per the date mentioned in their offer letter.
|Amount||£10,000 (INR 10 lakh)|
|Scholarship Application Deadline||May 31, 2023|
Doctoral Cardiff University Scholarships
Now that we have discussed undergraduate and postgraduate Cardiff University Scholarships for International students, let’s now discuss the funding options to study on a doctoral programme.
PhD Research Scholarships
Here, Cardiff University is open to providing tuition fee scholarships to China Scholarship Council’s successful students. These students shall not be currently enrolled in any doctoral programme.
To explain, China Scholarship Council is a non-profit organisation that funds students from Chinese universities for doctoral studies in overseas universities. The PhD degree aims in the fields of science and technology, though disciplines under humanities can be considered.
Some details need to be noted on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Apply to Cardiff University for your chosen PhD degree.
- The applicant should have an offer of study while meeting the school selection criteria to be nominated to the university panel by your school.
- If the university panel offers you a tuition fee-only scholarship, you need to offer the offer and apply to China Scholarship Council (CSC) via the portal of the Cardiff University partnership – that is around March.
- The CSC will match the list of those who have accepted the scholarships to those who have applied on the portal, proceeding to award scholarships.
Yes, Cardiff University Scholarships include a range of international scholarships.
Yes, Cardiff University provides several opportunities for international students, including Indian students.
Cardiff India Scholarships is an example of Cardiff University International Scholarships that are directed towards Indian students.
Those were some of the insights on Cardiff University Scholarships for International Students. If you want to get into a high-ranked university and achieve these scholarships, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your study abroad goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.