Having a master’s degree in Economics allows you to assume highly rewarding job roles like Economist, Accountant, Economic Researcher, Financial Consultant, Investment Analyst, and Financial Planner. If you want to study a master’s course in Economics, then the prestigious Cambridge University is the right institute to do so. The Faculty of Economics at the University of Cambridge is among the longest-standing and leading economics faculties in Europe. The institute offers various world-class master’s degrees in economics that position you for a bright career. In this blog, we will discuss all the aspects of pursuing a Cambridge Economics Masters program. You will learn about its fees, acceptance rate, top courses, and more.
This Blog Includes:
Why Choose Cambridge Economics Masters Program?
The University of Cambridge has a long track record of academic excellence, attracting students from across the world. Here are some major reasons why you should pursue a Cambridge Economics masters program:
Graduates of master’s in economics programs at Cambridge University are known to be highly qualified for a broad range of jobs and further courses. The institute teaches you economics in considerable depth and allows you to employ ideas and techniques from various other disciplines like statistics, mathematics, sociology, history and politics.
The university boasts a high prestige and a history of producing successful professionals and leaders. Top employers from around the world seek Cambridge graduates due to its great reputation.
You get to experience a diverse culture while studying here. The university is home to 25,000 students from over 140 nations, creating a very culturally diverse environment. This implies how welcoming Cambridge University is towards overseas students.
The University of Cambridge offers various top-notch master’s degrees in Economics. These programs are of a duration of 1 year and equip you with the quip you with the skills required by a professional economist.
Here are the popular Cambridge Economics masters programs:
- MPhil in Economics
- MPhil in Economic Research
- MPhil in Economics and Data Science
- MPhil in Finance and Economics
Cambridge Economics Masters Fees
Before you apply for admission to the University of Cambridge, please ensure that you are aware of its tuition fees so that you can plan your budget accordingly. The average tuition cost to study a Cambridge Economics masters course is £30,358 per year. Moreover, the average cost of living in Cambridge is £862.3.
We hope that now you have clarity over the Cambridge Economics masters fees and popular courses. Now, let’s look at the global rankings of the University of Cambridge:
|QS World University Rankings 2024
|QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023: Economics & Econometrics
|THE World University Rankings 2024
Cambridge Economics Masters Program: Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the University of Cambridge is about 18% – 21%. While getting into this world-class institute is very competitive, you can increase your chances of admission if you have the right qualifications. Don’t get discouraged by this low acceptance. Studying at Cambridge University is highly rewarding, which compensates for all your efforts.
Cambridge Economics Masters Entry Requirements
Here are the Cambridge Economics masters entry requirements:
- The candidate must have an undergraduate degree (or country equivalent) where he/she is in the top ten per cent of their reference group.
- Moreover, one must score at least 7.5 on IELTS and 110 on TOEFL IBT.
- Also, you have to submit the following documents:
- 2 Academic references
- Student Visa
- Copy of Passport
- Academic Transcripts
- Sample of Work
- Evidence of Competence in English,
- Personal Development Questionnaire, and
- Research Proposal
The application process for a Cambridge Economics masters program can become confusing. Luckily, we are here to assist you with your application process and make it smoother. Here is how we can help you with your application:
- Leverage Edu’s AI Course Finder can help you in opting for a course.
- Then, experts at Leverage Edu will begin the application process on your behalf for your chosen university.
- Your application has to incorporate certain necessary documents like TOEFL, IELTS, SOPs, essays, and LORs.
- So, please make sure that you prepare and keep all the required documents for the application beforehand.
- Our team will commence your application for housing, scholarships, and student loans after you have finished your application and all the necessary paperwork.
- Now, just wait for your offer letter, which you are normally offered within 4-6 weeks.
Ans. Yes, the University of Cambridge is among the most prestigious universities in the world, offering world-class master’s programs.
Ans. Both Cambridge University and MIT are world-class universities with excellent academic records.
Ans. The University of Cambridge is a collegiate public research institute.
So, this was all about pursuing the Cambridge Economics masters programs. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.