The Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Industrial Engineering is a four-year undergraduate program that focuses on the application of engineering principles and methods to design, analyze, and improve complex systems involving people, processes, and technology. The curriculum typically covers a wide range of subjects related to industrial engineering, including mathematics, statistics, operations research, production planning and control, quality engineering, supply chain management, ergonomics, and human factors engineering.
|Course Duration||4 Years|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam/ Direct Admission/ Merit Based|
|Average Fee in India||INR 1-5 LPA|
|Average Fee in Abroad||INR 10-35 LPA|
|Average Salary India||5-15LPA|
|Average Salary Abroad||15-5LPA|
This Blog Includes:
- What is Btech Industrial Engineering
- Why Study Btech Industrial Engineering?
- Top Universities
- Btech Industrial Engineering Syllabus
- Skills Required
- Cost of Studying
- Eligibility Requirements
- Admission Procedure
- Career Scope
- Top Recruiters with Salary Abroad
What is Btech Industrial Engineering
Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the optimization of complex processes, systems, and organizations. It focuses on improving productivity, efficiency, and quality by integrating people, machines, materials, and information.
Why Study Btech Industrial Engineering?
There are several reasons why studying a BTech in Industrial Engineering can be a good choice for students who are interested in engineering and business management. Here are some of the reasons:
- Industrial engineering graduates can work in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, logistics, and consulting. They can work in roles such as industrial engineer, process engineer, quality engineer, supply chain analyst, operations manager, project manager, and consultant.
- As companies seek to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance quality, there is a growing demand for industrial engineers who can design and optimize complex systems and processes.
- Industrial engineering combines principles from engineering, mathematics, statistics, and business management to solve complex problems related to the design and optimization of systems.
- Industrial engineering focuses on optimizing entire systems involving people, processes, and technology, with an emphasis on reducing waste, increasing productivity, and improving quality.
- Industrial engineers have the potential to make a significant impact on businesses and society by improving processes, increasing efficiency, and reducing waste and costs.
Relevant Read – BTech Computer Science
Some of the top colleges offering BTech in Industrial Engineering are given below:
|Universities||Location||1st Year Tuition fee||No. of Scholarship|
|Texas A&M University||USA||30L||1|
|University of Toronto||Canada||38L||1|
|Arizona State University||USA||26-28L||1|
|Murry State University||USA||15-18L||2|
|University of Regina||Canada||14L||4|
|University of Windsor||Canada||10L||10|
|The University of Illinois at Chicago||USA||24L||7|
|University of Michigan||USA||43L||–|
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani
- Delhi Technological University (DTU), Delhi
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
- Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
Btech Industrial Engineering Syllabus
This is the Syllabus for BTech Industrial Engineering which is followed by most of the colleges in India. Some subjects can differ from college to college but these are the main subject you have to explore in a 4-year program
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to Manufacturing Process||Programming and Data Structure|
|Electrical Technology||Electrical Technology II|
|Engineering Drawing and Graphics||Engineering Drawing and Graphics II|
|Mechanics||Information to Manufacturing process II|
|Basic Electronics||Mathematics II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Engineering Economic, Costing, and Accounting||Production Planning and Control|
|Operation Research||Operation Research II|
|Information System I||Breadth II|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Quality Design and Control||Stimulation|
|Facility Layout Design||Management of Inventory System|
|Machine Tool and Machining||Casting, Forming, Welding|
|Breadth III||Elective II|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Product Development||Optimisation and Heuristics|
|Elective III||Electives V & VI|
|Elective IV||Final Project|
These are the mandatory documents required during the admission process in BTech Industrial Engineering
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Leadership Quality
Relative Read- Engineering Entrance Exams
Cost of Studying
The below table mentioned the country-wise cost of studying for BTech Industrial Engineering
The eligibility requirements for a BTech in Industrial Engineering may vary depending on the college or university offering the program. However, here are some general eligibility criteria:
- Applicants should have completed their 10+2 (or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as core subjects.
- The minimum aggregate marks required may vary, but it is usually around 50% – 60% for most colleges and universities.
- Many colleges and universities require applicants to appear for entrance exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, VITEEE, or other state-level or national-level engineering entrance exams.
- There is usually no age limit for admission to a BTech in Industrial Engineering program.
English Proficiency Test
International students may be required to fill in the criteria of the English proficiency test, below table mentioned the eligibility score for the English test
The admission procedure for a BTech in Industrial Engineering may vary depending on the college or university offering the program. However, here are some general steps to make your process smooth
- If you want to pursue admission in BTech Industrial Engineering, you can directly reach out to Leverage Edu experts
- Our Expert will help you to find the best university based on your academic score
- We have an AI course Finder using which we can give you the perfect combination of courses and university
- Essay, letter of recommendation, and statement of purpose play an important role in your study process, we will also share the format and help you in writing all these
- Along with all the required documents we will put your application in the universities
- For Visa interview preparation we will give you preparation material for your visa interview round
If you are preparing for the application process for BTech Industrial Engineering you may be required to refer below documents Check list
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Academic Transcripts
- Passport size Photographs
- Admission Test score
A BTech in Industrial Engineering opens up a wide range of career opportunities for graduates. Here are some of the career scopes for industrial engineering graduates:
- Industrial Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Project Manager
Job Prospect and Salary
Industrial engineering is a rapidly growing field, and there are many job opportunities available for BTech Industrial Engineering graduates. Here are some of the job prospects and average salaries for industrial engineering graduates in India:
|Positions||Average Salary In India|
|Industrial Engineer||4-5 lakhs per annum|
|Process Engineer||4-6 lakhs per annum|
|Quality Engineer||3-5 lakhs per annum|
|Supply Chain Analyst||3-6 lakhs per annum|
|Operations Manager||6-10 lakhs per annum|
|Project Manager||7-12 lakhs per annum|
|Consultant||4-10 lakhs per annum|
Relevant Read- Best Engineering Courses For Future
Top Recruiters with Salary Abroad
After completing a Btech In Industrial engineering students can get a good job in well-known companies. Here are the lists of abroad companies that hire Btech Industrial engineer
|Abroad Companies||Job Positions||Salary In Abroad|
|Safarn||Sr Industrial Engineer||$70, 560- $110,880 per year|
|GKN Aerospace||Industrial Engineer||$89,093- $111, 336 per year|
|Chevron||Industrial Network Engineer||$128, 400-$192, 600 per year|
|SpaceX||Mechanical Engineer/ Industrial System Engineer||$95,000-$115,000 per year|
|Endress & Hauser||R&D Engineer||$75,000-$112,000 per year|
|Eaton Corporation||Lead Industrial Engineer||$77,250- $113,300 per year|
Ans. Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the optimization of complex processes, systems, and organizations. It focuses on improving productivity, efficiency, and quality by integrating people, machines, materials, and information.
Ans. Graduates with a BTech in industrial engineering can work in a variety of industries, such as manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, logistics, and consulting. They can work as industrial engineers, process engineers, quality engineers, supply chain analysts, operations managers, project managers, and consultants.
Ans. Some of the key skills required for a career in industrial engineering include analytical thinking, problem-solving, communication, teamwork, time management, project management, leadership, and technical skills in areas such as statistics, operations research, and production planning.
We hope that this blog gives you key insight into Btech Industrial engineering if you also looking to make your career in the engineering field. Do you have any confusion about how to start? Don’t worry we have study abroad experts who will help you with the process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 and book your 30-minute free consultation.