Beth Rom-Rymer Scholarships are granted by the American Psychological Foundation for practising psychologists and students pursuing a graduate degree in psychology. This scholarship is administered by the American Psychological Association. The administering authority evaluates eligible applicants on the basis of their academic performance and determination to help in the growth of the field of psychology. The organisation intends to grant half of these psychology scholarships to students and the other half to practitioners. Interested candidates from all across the globe can apply for this scholarship by February of each year.
|Scholarship Name||Beth N.Rom-Rymer Scholarships|
|Administering Authority||American Psychological Association (APA)|
|Sponsor||American Psychological Foundation (APF)|
|Benefit||$5,000 (INR 4.10 Lakh)|
|No. of Awardees each year||9|
|Deadline||February of each year|
This Blog Includes:
Objective of Beth N.Rom-Rymer Scholarships
The American Psychological Foundation awards this scholarship to encourage psychology students and licenced psychologists to become prescribing psychologists, who are dedicated to providing exemplary care to high-risk members of the community. The scholarship is an aid to future prescribing psychologists who intend to complete their psychopharmacology programme training courses, that adhere to the American Psychological Association curriculum.
According to the norm and list of previous awardees, half of the Beth N.Rom-Rymer scholarships are awarded to graduate students and the other half is intended for licenced psychologists at all levels of the career graph of a practitioner. The American Psychological Foundation awards $5,000 in scholarships to up to 9 eligible applicants each year.
Also Read: School of Psychology MSc Scholarship
The eligibility requirements for Beth Rom-Rymer scholarships are as follows:
- The applicant must be a licenced/practising psychologist or a graduate student in any psychology graduate programme.
- The graduate student/licensed psychologist/practising psychologist must have enrolled in a training programme in clinical psychopharmacology. This psychology clinical programme must adhere to the training dictate of the American Psychological Association (APA) model curriculum.
Also Read: University of Bath Applied Clinical Psychology
The American Psychological Association selects candidates who are determined to work with the underprivileged and undeserved. The organisation evaluates eligible candidates for Beth Rom-Rymer scholarships on the following basis:
For Graduate Students
Predoctoral candidates are evaluated on their academic performance. They need to submit evidence of excellence in their coursework.
For Practitioners and Licenced Psychologists
These candidates are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Leadership skills
- Care-giving abilities
- Commitment to the growth of the psychological field
- Focus on critical patients
Also Read: Scope of Psychology
The American Psychological Foundation accepts applications from people from diverse backgrounds with respect to gender, nationality, cultural background, sexual orientation, religion, age, colour, training background, demographic background, disability, and race. This financial aid is open to psychologists from all career stages (early, mid, and senior levels). To apply for this APF-sponsored scholarship, eligible candidates from different backgrounds can follow these guidelines/instructions:
- Candidates can get Beth Rom-Rymer scholarship application forms from the official website of APA.
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit a self-statement that demonstrates your intent to serve high-risk patients. The statement should not exceed 5 pages. All pages must have 1-inch margins and fonts must not be less than 11-points.
- Graduate students must upload their academic transcripts.
- Licensed psychologists are required to upload their academic transcripts; updated CVs, which must not be more than 10 pages in length; and 2 letters of recommendation (LORs).
Also Read: Tips on Writing a Strong Scholarship Application
Ans: This scholarship is administered by American Psychological Association and sponsored by the American Psychological Foundation.
Ans: Individuals enrolled in a predoctoral graduate psychology program, practising psychologists, and licenced psychologists who are a part of psychopharmacology training programmes are eligible to apply for these American Psychological Foundation-sponsored scholarships.
Ans: The American Psychological Foundation awards $5,000 in scholarships to selected psychology students and practitioners.
Ans: Eligible candidates need to fill out the application form on the official website of the American Psychological Association and upload the requisite documents.
To avail of different scholarships at different study-abroad institutions, stay connected with Leverage Edu. To learn more about abroad studies scholarships contact our experts at 1800 572 000.